fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Summer 2012 Curriculum

Summer fun: Solfeggio, Chords And Ear Training

More
20 Jul 2012 12:31 #4969 by hellene
Last piece is tough, I know :)
I think, you may move on to Minor now.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2012 12:36 #4970 by andreasro

hellene wrote: Last piece is tough, I know :)
I think, you may move on to Minor now.

I did once all chords in G major. Again, the summary, with number of attempts till I made no mistake:

Number attempt / Time
3 / 3
2 / 4
3 / 1
3 / 3
1 / 1
2 / 2
2 / 4
2 / 5
3 / 2
2 / 2
2 / 1
4/6

More
23 Jul 2012 13:12 #5022 by omshree
Hi all,
After looking at all your progress and comments on your practice for summer curriculum.It scares me the most.I feel like i'm in unchartered territory.
It looks like guys i'm still in ABC's of piano.I want my little one and me to put back us on track again.
Can anyone please guide us in showing us step by step guide to practice the summer curriculum and be in the learning track?My little one is trying playing chords hiding the notes as suggested by hellene and manda.

I'm totally new to piano learning with no knowledge on sheet music ,sharp notes,flat notes,minor,major eveything.Do anyone think having a theory book explaining all these would help me in understanding much better? If so please suggest me which book.
Hope i'm not troubling .

Thanks in advance

Om

More
23 Jul 2012 21:32 #5026 by Mandabplus3
Om, please don't be put off by the progress of others. This musical journey is not a race or a competition. We all move at our own pace. The summer curriculum is a guide for ideas to try to enhance your music learning. It is just one way to achieve your goals! I have some music knowledge ( I am certainly no expert) but even I looked at the goals Helene set for us and went " is she joking???" it was my past musical experience that got in my way of an open mind!
Personally I don't think you should buy a theory book. I think if you did you would just get scared! There are SOOOO many musical terms to learn and it's best just to learn them by asking when you don't understand them. Using soft Mozart you don't need to know them until they are in a piece and in fact you can learn the pieces without knowing the terminology as the program makes it easy to do so. Do ask lots of questions though. Please don't sit at home overwhelmed and unsure.
Practicing the cords in hidden mode may be all you are ready for, just now. Believe it or not but guessing chords is an advanced skill, my oldest hasnt even attempted it in 3 years of lessons, i only tried it once in my 4 years of flute!
But don't let that stop you having a go at the other activities. Children don't come with the insecurities we adults have when something is hard, they just get stuck in make a bunch of mistakes and eventually get it right, provided we are a good cheer squad they keep trying. Transposing songs really isn't all that difficult, (kids may find it easier than adults) choose a song you are very familiar with, you need to be able to hear that the notes sound wrong when they are wrong. Play it normally. Then move your fingers down the keyboard one note. Then play it again. If one of the notes sounds off/wrong try using the next black key s a replacement.( the black ones are sharps and flats, they are flat if they are to the left of a note and sharp if they are to the right) continue playing until you have it sounding right.
Then try it again starting one more note down the keyboard. Until you can play your song starting from any note. Just TRY IT! it doesn't matter if it is a complete flop. The point is you tried, you learnt something, you will have some successes and you will learn what you need to improve on for next time. You may find you cant even hear when you are right or wrong. You may find when revisiting the activity in a few months that what was difficult this time is a piece of cake next time. You may surprise yourself like I did and find it much easier than you thought you would!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
24 Jul 2012 11:35 #5036 by lzp11
Om, Manda is absolutely right!

Don't be scared - we are all in the same boat, learing the ABCs of music. The beauty of Soft Mozart is that it is not necessary to get tied up with too much theory and instead we can learn it practically by playing the pieces, doing the exercises and games.

I personally would not suggest buying a book at this stage either - I think it would confuse me more :ohmy:

Just keep working steadily through the different activities. I've really enjoyed hiding the chords and learning to hear them by ear. I did the C major folder and A major folder, and now I also need to try some of the other activities too! I'm also a little confused about the dominant and subdominant etc but I will practice listening to the different sounds as Hellene suggested.

Keep us posted with what you try!

More
24 Jul 2012 20:01 #5038 by omshree
Hi guys!
Om here.Thanks ever so much manda and izp11 for your reply.Manda your encouragment is really making me feel much better and confident.As you and izp11 suggested i will start practising the chords and keep the forum posted.
As u suggested i will not bother about buying a theory book.Thanks!

Guys! i'm using home version 2.16, is it any different from the other versions.IZP11 had mentioned about C Major and A Major folder, i don't have any such .Is it in the softmozart curriculum.Please guide me here!

Once again thanks to you for taking time to boosting up my confidence and for your detailed reply.

Thanks,
Om

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds