fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Summer 2012 Curriculum

Summer fun: Solfeggio, Chords And Ear Training

More
25 Jul 2012 07:09 #5045 by Mandabplus3
I swear if I am ever having a bad day all I need to do is put any random statement into google translated! I laughed and laughed!
Seriously though what do cats have to do with Piano?
Madden, it is completely overwhelming if you try to analyse it, just do it.you will find it much less difficult once you have a go at it. And if it is completely beyond you once you try, play guess key instead and come back to it in a couple of months :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2012 14:32 #5047 by hellene

andreasro wrote:

hellene wrote: Last piece is tough, I know :)
I think, you may move on to Minor now.

I did once all chords in G major. Again, the summary, with number of attempts till I made no mistake:

Number attempt / Time
3 / 3
2 / 4
3 / 1
3 / 3
1 / 1
2 / 2
2 / 4
2 / 5
3 / 2
2 / 2
2 / 1
4/6

Andrea, now it is time to little challenge yourself:
when you try several times to make perfect score, you are relying mostly on your memorization. Open another Album (let's say F Major) and do it S L LH for the forst piece and S LH for the rest. Write the numbers.

After that move in to Minor A Level 1.

Back to the Mozart

More
25 Jul 2012 14:37 #5048 by hellene

omshree wrote: Hi all,
After looking at all your progress and comments on your practice for summer curriculum.It scares me the most.I feel like i'm in unchartered territory. [/quaote]

Om, please, don't be! Just ask questions!

It looks like guys i'm still in ABC's of piano.I want my little one and me to put back us on track again.

Keep your diary!

Can anyone please guide us in showing us step by step guide to practice the summer curriculum and be in the learning track?My little one is trying playing chords hiding the notes as suggested by hellene and manda.

What Album do you use?

I'm totally new to piano learning with no knowledge on sheet music ,sharp notes,flat notes,minor,major eveything.Do anyone think having a theory book explaining all these would help me in understanding much better? If so please suggest me which book.

Soft Mozart is all you need.Hope i'm not troubling .

Hope you WILL BE TROUBLING! I want to know all your concerns!

Back to the Mozart

More
25 Jul 2012 14:38 #5049 by hellene
Amanda, I can't say better!

Back to the Mozart

More
25 Jul 2012 14:47 #5050 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: I'm also a little confused about the dominant and subdominant etc but I will practice listening to the different sounds as Hellene suggested.

Tonic is the most stable chord, gravity of music. Any music piece most often have Tonic as the last chord. In our Introductory song it is Do-Sol in yoour left hand. I call her 'Mother' - a HEAD OF THE HOUSE. In my KINGDOM of Tune book you can read about her.

Dominant is the most unstable. If you stop on this chord, you will always feel 'problem unsolved'. In our Introductory songs it is Fa Sol in your left hand. I call this chord Husband of Tonic. He is absentminded and always ask questions. Tonic answers them :P

Sub dominant is the chord that is between Tonic and Dominant. Not as stable as Tonic and not as unstable as a Dominant. In Introductory Songs in Jingle Bells it is Fa La. I call her Tonic's and Dominant baby that tends to love both parents. :)

Back to the Mozart

More
25 Jul 2012 14:49 #5051 by hellene

omshree wrote: Hi guys!
Om here.Thanks ever so much manda and izp11 for your reply.Manda your encouragment is really making me feel much better and confident.As you and izp11 suggested i will start practising the chords and keep the forum posted.
As u suggested i will not bother about buying a theory book.Thanks!

Guys! i'm using home version 2.16, is it any different from the other versions.IZP11 had mentioned about C Major and A Major folder, i don't have any such .Is it in the softmozart curriculum.Please guide me here!

Once again thanks to you for taking time to boosting up my confidence and for your detailed reply.

Thanks,
Om

Dear Om,
Let me contact you by email to find out more about your version!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds