fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Maia (5.9 y.o.) and Camelia

More
10 Oct 2014 11:37 - 10 Oct 2014 12:08 #16204 by camelia1902
Hello, dear Soft Mozart lovers!

As we promised in our last post, this week Maia worked on polishing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" with and without metronome:

And this is how she plays it now:

The new element in our lessons was trying to sight-read "Over the Rainbow", which we got as a present after the last Recital (thank you million times for it, Hellene!!!).
The piece is difficult since there are places where she needs to hit 4 keys at a time, but Maia seems to be so eager to learn how to play it.
She first sight-read it with R2, then R4 and here she is playing it with R5:

I went on with "Primavera" and got to a point where my hands needed to play so close to each other!!!
Here is the short, but intricate part 3:

I wanted to hear how the parts I've learnt so far sound together, so I summed them up in this video (with a tiny little hesitation):

Have a great weekend, you all! :kiss:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2014 12:08 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: алла

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2014 23:11 - 10 Oct 2014 23:11 #16209 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Maia (5.9 y.o.) and Camelia
Hello, dear Soft Mozart lovers!

As we promised in our last post, this week Maia worked on polishing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" with and without metronome:

And this is how she plays it now:

Maia, you sound very impressive! I even hear some 'drive' in your playing. Great job! I am impressed with your flow/rhythm improvement. Way to go, girl!

Have some suggestions (as usual).

1. Please, don't seat so close to the piano.
2. Please, when practice with the video, practice 1 hand to have a chance to look at my hands: there should be a little different fingering.
Record only right hand after such practice. Left hand is OK

The new element in our lessons was trying to sight-read "Over the Rainbow", which we got as a present after the last Recital (thank you million times for it, Hellene!!!).
The piece is difficult since there are places where she needs to hit 4 keys at a time, but Maia seems to be so eager to learn how to play it.
She first sight-read it with R2, then R4 and here she is playing it with R5:

Very good. At the end where it is fa sol fa sol fa sol la ti do, please play 4-5-4-5-1-2-3-4-5

I went on with "Primavera" and got to a point where my hands needed to play so close to each other!!!
Here is the short, but intricate part 3:

I wanted to hear how the parts I've learnt so far sound together, so I summed them up in this video (with a tiny little hesitation):

Have a great weekend, you all!

This is VERY IMPRESSIVE development, Camelia!

We have to find pianist to record the piece with the metronome and without and to add to our TEACHING VIDEOS collection. Could you post the request for Lubov Yanpolsky in MASTER CLASSES section? I will be happy to give her the piece and hear her performing it for us.

Wish to have time to make it myself. :(

Have a wonderful weekend!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 10 Oct 2014 23:11 by hellene.

More
11 Oct 2014 07:01 #16216 by camelia1902
What great pieces of advice, dear Hellene! Thank you so much for them and for all the time you spend guiding us :kiss: .

Wow, a teaching tutorial on "Primavera" would be excellent!!!!
Hopefully, Lubov Yanpolsky will find time for it :).

Have a great weekend!

More
17 Oct 2014 11:53 - 17 Oct 2014 11:54 #16269 by camelia1902
Hello, you all!

1. These days, Maia worked on the correct fingering for “Over the Rainbow” (right hand):

2. It seems that she knows it by heart now:

We should also learn the left hand but I admit, I am a bit afraid of the fingering.

3. Next, we focused on the note duration.
We made up a game using popsicle sticks. We painted them in different colours and I wrote on them the symbols, as in the picture below:

We placed them in a cup and started the game: each player picked up a stick (with his/her eyes closed), then tapped the measure on the table.
Maia loves this game, although she totally prefers the Soft Mozart one :) .

4. And, since we studied note duration, we combined the above mentioned activities and tried to write down a part of “Over the Rainbow”:

5. I continued to study “Primavera” and got to the “noisiest” part of it (I hope the rhythm is correct):

Have a great weekend, you all!
Last edit: 17 Oct 2014 11:54 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, Аким, ZNatalia

More
17 Oct 2014 23:58 - 17 Oct 2014 23:59 #16274 by hellene
Camelia, I will try to answer your post in more details. I send Lubov Yanpolsky the file of the Primavera and she is going to look at it.

Meanwhile, I am attaching the pictures for Note Duration understanding for you. Hope to create the entire post dedicated to this and rhythmical dictations this weekend.

Music is a 'train'. In each car the same amount of seats.

Here is how the whole note and rest look like:

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Oct 2014 23:59 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, camelia1902

More
18 Oct 2014 05:08 #16279 by hellene

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, camelia1902, ZNatalia

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds