fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Nastya age 5

More
28 Dec 2011 05:36 #715 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nastya age 5

Bossa wrote: On Christmas morning, Nastya finally received the keyboard, and was ready to start playing at 7 a. m.
It took some time to connect everything. While my husband was doing this we were learning notes with flash cards: we sang them several times from do to do and vice verse. Then I was flipping over one, then two, then three cards and Nastya should tell me what were on those cards. She managed to guess each one. We also were putting cards in the right order.
Then, we took the stickers and put them on the keyboard. I made it like additional learning exercise for Nastya: she was telling me what next sticker should I take, so it helped to practice the right order.

Great idea!

When everything was ready, we played and sang the notes on the keyboard and did five finger exercise. (She wanted to do it really fast, but I explained that fast doesn't mean good, so she began to do it slower and correctly).
A little bit later, she played the Guess Key game. She really liked it. She played it several times since then for about 2-3 minutes. The first time she got 107 in 1:50, the last time today she got 225 in 2:30. She doesn't want to play longer as she is bored.

Going from 1:50 to 2:30 in Guess key is a big jump. I would recommend to stick with 1:00 (max 2:00) and see the increase of points. Keep the records for her to see the progress and get motivation and excitement growing. It is important 'game' (or rather very challenging exercise)

We also tried to play JB with right hand and she was really excited. After ten minutes of trying, she managed to get 42 of 45/40. Today, she got 44 of 45/22. However she was playing with whatever fingers she liked( mainly one of them).Today, I showed her with what fingers she has to play, and she tried it. It was more difficult for her, but I think she did a great job 43 of 45/38.

Dis you start to learn Hanon 1? It is very important exercise for 'opening' all the fingers and engaging them into practice.

In the evening, she wanted to show her daddy what she learned and she played a little bit with her right hand by singing notes. And she was very proud while doing this, even though it was only a few notes.
I will try to take some video tomorrow.

How wonderful! Love it!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 05:49 - 28 Dec 2011 05:53 #716 by hellene
My observations after watching the videos:

I see fool involvement of Nastya in the process of learning, relaxed and flexible fingers and arms, good eye-hand coordination, full control of her fingers, great progress in development Solfeggio skills.
Great job!

What to do next: ask Nastya to ‘pay attention to butterflies’ – do not hurry to release the previous key, before the next key is pressed (keep butterfly on the screen ‘yill next note comes).

If to use traditional terminology : it is time to move from non-legato (playing the notes separately) to legato
* In musical notation the Italian word legato (literally meaning "tied together") indicates that musical notes are played or sung smoothly and connected. That is, in transitioning from note to note, there should be no intervening silence. Legato technique is required for slurred performance, but unlike slurring (as that term is interpreted for some instruments), en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legato *

A also would recommend you to provide tuning for your program to make sounds coming out of your piano. All programs – Soft Mozart – tools – tuning – sounds play back – check another option.
Thank you for sharing the video with us.
Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 28 Dec 2011 05:53 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 06:53 #725 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Nastya age 5
Thank You "Legato" I always wondered what that was and I always wondered what that technique was called :) Nana taught us that one ;)

More
02 Jan 2012 17:30 #831 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Nastya age 5
I did the tuning and the sound comes from the piano. It is just very low because we are playing while my youngest had a nap. It is the best time for us, because when she is awake she also wants to play and usually press the button for silly sounds on the keyboard, that is not good for learning. They both play the guess key game. That looks really funny: the little one doesn't fully understand what she is doing but she is very involved and proud that she can help her big sister.

More
02 Jan 2012 18:36 - 02 Jan 2012 18:38 #833 by hellene

Bossa wrote: I did the tuning and the sound comes from the piano. It is just very low because we are playing while my youngest had a nap. It is the best time for us, because when she is awake she also wants to play and usually press the button for silly sounds on the keyboard, that is not good for learning. They both play the guess key game. That looks really funny: the little one doesn't fully understand what she is doing but she is very involved and proud that she can help her big sister.

Yes, I know the story!
Sometimes I am teaching big families with several kids. Most of them have little biddy one ‘on the way’ to Soft Mozart. They drool over the piano keys and create some noice.
But, boy, oh, boy! – what happens when they reach 24 months! This is my BEST piano beginners ever! They already know the keys and patient enough to sit and work! This is why I claim that even having program sitting for others in the house is good enough for kids’ education.
I attached the photo that had been sent to me wile ago by Russian customers.

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 18:38 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
03 Jan 2012 05:03 #846 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Nastya age 5

hellene wrote: Yes, I know the story!
Sometimes I am teaching big families with several kids. Most of them have little biddy one ‘on the way’ to Soft Mozart. They drool over the piano keys and create some noice.
But, boy, oh, boy! – what happens when they reach 24 months! This is my BEST piano beginners ever! They already know the keys and patient enough to sit and work! This is why I claim that even having program sitting for others in the house is good enough for kids’ education.
I attached the photo that had been sent to me wile ago by Russian customers.

I love this photo! I am hoping this will be my DS soon (currently 5 months) as he grows up hearing his sister learning piano :)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds