fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Nastya age 5

More
07 Feb 2012 21:08 #1802 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Nastya age 5
Thank you hellene for your advice. I would try to record her and post the video, however she doesn't allow me until she is good at playing those exercises. So, I will just let her play them as it is for now.
During this week we did:
1. Play with flash cards, trying to learn the sequence by skipping one note. She is no so fluent at is so we will stick with this for the next week as well.
2. Started Fruit Line game. She liked it, but was a little bit confused firstly. She played for 5 minutes and got 183.
3. Played her learnt songs and practiced playing Old McDonald with hiding notes. The result is: 3 mistakes and +t 20.
4. She sight read some songs from premier nursery album.
Mary Had a Little Lamb - 32/32 +t25
Ba-Ba Black Sheep - 41/44 +t30
The farmer in the Dell - 33/33 +t25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2012 00:42 #1803 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nastya age 5

Bossa wrote: Thank you hellene for your advice. I would try to record her and post the video, however she doesn't allow me until she is good at playing those exercises. So, I will just let her play them as it is for now.

Ok! I just wanted to see it in case to give any advice for the technique improvement. You can create private access to the video just for me to see. My name in You Tube is lenkaolenka

During this week we did:
1. Play with flash cards, trying to learn the sequence by skipping one note. She is no so fluent at is so we will stick with this for the next week as well.

I guess, you already saw computer games created by accion piano that teaches skipping 1 key sequence. I think, your daughter will be just fine switching to English pictures since she knows both languages.

2. Started Fruit Line game. She liked it, but was a little bit confused firstly. She played for 5 minutes and got 183.

Very good for the first time playing!

3. Played her learnt songs and practiced playing Old McDonald with hiding notes. The result is: 3 mistakes and +t 20.

Sounds great! Did you ever try to play it with 'metronome'?

4. She sight read some songs from premier nursery album.
Mary Had a Little Lamb - 32/32 +t25
Ba-Ba Black Sheep - 41/44 +t30
The farmer in the Dell - 33/33 +t25

What visual presentation do you use? 2? 4? 5? 6?

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
21 Feb 2012 01:55 #2080 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Nastya age 5
I have not been updating the post for some time, but it doesn't mean that we have not been learning.
Nastya sight read the songs on presentation 2 still, but I think in a short time she would be ready to go from 2 to 4. I will see how it goes. The one thing is that she memorizes the songs pretty fast, especially the easy ones. So if she plays the same song several times, she starts to memorize it, and play by memory, not by notes. So, I try to change the songs she reads.
She is pretty confident now in playing Old McDonald. She does it without software. Whe she plays with hide notes she has +t 11., and no or one mistake.
She finally started to love to play the exercises. I do need to remind her anymore, and she even sometimes plays them just for fun. That's great! They really helped her. She is more confident in placing her fingers now.
She wanted to learn a new song and she picked Boogie Board Boogie. She really liked it, especially the ending. So we are working on that one right now.
We are trying to have a few sessions per week to learn the notes with flash cards. And she is doing better with skipping now. What really helps, is Fruit line game I think. I showed her online games. But unfortunately, she didn't like them. She is not fond of computer games in general. So, we'll just stick to the flash cards.
Also, I am using flash cards to teach her the position of the notes, and she is pretty fast on telling which note is on which line. However, she is much slower when she is playing.
She plays Fruit Line Game. However I have one notice. While the game is easy at the beginning, Nastya does it pretty fast, it takes her around 1.5 minutes. Then it gets more challenging, but she gets more tired. So it would be really wonderful if we could start the game not from the beginning, but from some other parts. Her score is 293 in around 5 minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
21 Feb 2012 03:19 #2081 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Nastya age 5
Great job! Thanks for sharing!

More
21 Feb 2012 10:50 #2094 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Nastya age 5
oh yes I would love to pick the section to play in fruit lines too...but I want to play all base and all trebble seperately..it messes with my simple brain :)

More
21 Feb 2012 18:38 #2095 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nastya age 5

Bossa wrote: I have not been updating the post for some time, but it doesn't mean that we have not been learning.
Nastya sight read the songs on presentation 2 still, but I think in a short time she would be ready to go from 2 to 4.

Great! If she 'got' the idea of the visual connection between the lines, spaces and piano keys and make less then 3-4 mistakes, the presentation could be switched for 4.

I will see how it goes. The one thing is that she memorizes the songs pretty fast, especially the easy ones. So if she plays the same song several times, she starts to memorize it, and play by memory, not by notes. So, I try to change the songs she reads.

You are exactly right doing this!

She is pretty confident now in playing Old McDonald. She does it without software. Whe she plays with hide notes she has +t 11., and no or one mistake.

I wish to see it on video, especially her hand position.

[/uote]She finally started to love to play the exercises. I do need to remind her anymore, and she even sometimes plays them just for fun. That's great! They really helped her. She is more confident in placing her fingers now. [/quote]

Are you aware of the gradual steps of improvong the exercises, i.e. playing with saying the notes names, playing with metronome and such?

She wanted to learn a new song and she picked Boogie Board Boogie. She really liked it, especially the ending. So we are working on that one right now.

Wonderful!

We are trying to have a few sessions per week to learn the notes with flash cards. And she is doing better with skipping now. What really helps, is Fruit line game I think. I showed her online games. But unfortunately, she didn't like them. She is not fond of computer games in general. So, we'll just stick to the flash cards.

Good enough!

Also, I am using flash cards to teach her the position of the notes, and she is pretty fast on telling which note is on which line. However, she is much slower when she is playing.

Yes, it is always harder to read and think about directions while driving.

She plays Fruit Line Game. However I have one notice. While the game is easy at the beginning, Nastya does it pretty fast, it takes her around 1.5 minutes. Then it gets more challenging, but she gets more tired. So it would be really wonderful if we could start the game not from the beginning, but from some other parts. Her score is 293 in around 5 minutes.

Bossa, this is the whole point: every time she get started from point A she is having a different route. It is gradual and very intensive interactive brain training. The goal is to finaly get to the end by the most effective route. So, if to trick the game and started, where it is left, there could be some gaps in skills training that only computer can 'catch' and fix.

Keep in mind that by the curriculum standards this game has to be beated in several years.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds