fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Nastya age 5

More
03 Jan 2012 12:49 #850 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Nastya age 5

lzp11 wrote:

hellene wrote: I attached the photo that had been sent to me wile ago by Russian customers.

I love this photo! I am hoping this will be my DS soon (currently 5 months) as he grows up hearing his sister learning piano :)

The photo is so cute and inspiring! :) I have the same wishes for DS2 when listening to his mom and bigger brother :P

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 18:12 #854 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Nastya age 5
The photo resembles exactly what is happening in my family. It is a good thing that younger brothers and sisters are listening to their siblings and see how they learn. They usually imitate everything the older ones do, so I hope when Alexandra will turn 24 months, she would be happy to start learning by herself. It will be very soon, just half a year...

More
04 Jan 2012 02:11 #860 by Bossa
We have a productive lesson today when Nastya came from school. She asked to play by herself, that is a good sign of her liking the program.
We have started to learn to play with both hands and of course it is harder for her. Firstly she wanted to press the keys with left hand every time she press with her right hand. Then she got the idea of holding the keys with left hand while playing with the right, but sometimes she didn't hold it long enough. After a few times of playing with both hands ( she played the left hand only earlier) the score for JB was 45/45 -63. We'll try to improve that in the following days.
Then she asked me to play the other song. So we started to choose the song and she was excited that she knows and can sing many of them. But I advised her to learn OJ , and she liked it as it is a little bit similar to the five finger exercise and it is not hard. On her second attempt she got 20 for her right hand and 10 for her left.
The main problem is that she doesn't hold the keys long enough. I was trying to explain to her to wait for the butterflies but she didn't manage to do it. I think she just doesn't really understand why she should hold it and not play faster. So, we have to work on this.
I have been also amazed today when my 17 month daughter came to the piano, and press the key with "Bear" on it for "MI" in Russian and said :"Mi,Mi,MI". And then she looked at me to see my reaction. I clapped my hands and praised her, of course.
So far I am very happy with the program and the way it teaches music. I see the result in just a week. It is amazing!

More
04 Jan 2012 02:41 #861 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nastya age 5
Bossa, I am reading your posts with great interest. It seems like you are learning pretty quickly and it makes me very happy!
Now about the ‘butterflies’ problem… Many beginners have this ‘intimidated by piano key’ syndrome. This is why many traditional piano teachers are starting with exercises ‘to feel gravity of your hands’.
I find it very helpful to start learning with Hannon #1. I usually recommend to play simple game for ‘gravity establishment’:
Press Middle Do with your thumb hard and ask your daughter to push your arm up. Challenge her effort.
Ask your daughter to do the same.
Play this game ‘till she will learn to really press the key.
Play several sequences of Hannon afterwards.
I usually helps.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bossa

More
04 Jan 2012 03:50 #870 by Bossa
Hellene, I have a question. My daughter asked me to learn the song about the christmas tree, but I usually try to learn the song by myself before teaching her. So, I was trying to do that and got confused. I do not know what fingers to use for different notes. And I could not find any video or explanation on this. What is the best way to overcome this problem?

More
04 Jan 2012 04:17 #871 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nastya age 5

Bossa wrote: Hellene, I have a question. My daughter asked me to learn the song about the christmas tree, but I usually try to learn the song by myself before teaching her. So, I was trying to do that and got confused. I do not know what fingers to use for different notes. And I could not find any video or explanation on this. What is the best way to overcome this problem?

There are some rules in using fingers. Most of them presented in our essential 4 exercises. Did you learn all of them?
In the song Christmas tree the middle part is a little bit more complicated. There you have to play Sol (G) with your 4th finger. If you skip a key – usually you skip a finger.
But I want you to understand very cool staff about Soft Mozart: program is very visual – therefore muscle memory is not as crucial as with other approaches. You won’t rely on finger numbers as much and will change them for more comfortable one as you progress. In cases when you would be really confused, make a video or meet me on Skype.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bossa

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds