fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Nastya age 5

More
30 Jan 2012 16:58 #1513 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Nastya age 5

Bossa wrote: We have not had a lot of time to practice the piano this week, because Nastya is getting ready for her ballet concert and she had a lot of practice, sometimes for four hours. However, she still tried to play the piano each day. But I didn't give her a new staff to learn as I did not want her to feel exhausted.
Our progress so far:
1. She plays her exercises every day. Most often she plays two on one day, and the other two the next day. On weekends, she played all of them.

If you will be able to video record it, I will be able to tell you, what the next steps in mastering the technique should be.

2. She played JB, OTJ, Christmas Tree, FS, HCB without software. Today, however, she played these songs with computer on , but notes are hidden. She was very happy, when she made no mistakes, and her delay was from 4 to 10.

Maybe from 10 to 4? ;) Anyway, both numbers are sound good. Did you try to turn the metronome on? Ask me, how, if you need my help on that!

3. She practiced playing Old McDonald. I She learnt it by 3 parts, and today tried to play the whole song by both hands. Her third attempt was 85/88 and t+40

It is not an easy piece to play on such early stage. I think, the numbers are great!

4. She also started to sight read the premier nursery songs on presentation 2 (She doesn't like presentation 4,5 yet.

This is music to my ears! Many parents try to rush to 4 5 and even 6. But 2 is the most helpful for establishing the connection between lines and spaces and piano keys.

I don't want to push her too much. I am sure she will ask for it when time comes.)

Oh, she sure will! It is funny to see how my students over growing the aids and then embarrassed to even see them in front of their eyes. :P

here is her results( she played the song only once):
Tom,Tom, the Piper's Son - 26/30 -t 35
The Farmer in the Dell - 33/33 - t30
The Little Indians - 38/40 - t27

Great! She is almost ready to pass her sight-reading exam for this semester! :kiss: :woohoo:

5. Her score for the Note Alphabet Game is 456.

Get ready! Next month - February - we are moving to Fruit Lines.

6. She really likes to play with flash cards. Today we had time, so we started to use flash cards to learn skipping the note. We sort the cards by the order, and then Nastya flipped every other card, and sing what left. Then we played her most loved game: Pick a card and tell the notes starting with the one on the card. We tried to make it more difficult, and tell the sequence by skipping one note. It was challenging for her, but she liked it. Every time she didn't know what note follows, she looked at her keyboard.

Pretty good!

I see that she is enjoying the program, and asks to play every day. it's just amazing. I never thought that without music background I would be able to help my child to learn play the piano, and learn myself. thank you for all who made it possible.

And it is just a beginning! For me it is very warming and encouraging to see your progress and participate in your success!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2012 16:59 #1514 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: WOW!
Amazing Progress!
"Vperedi planeti vsey! :-))"

Congratulations Nastya!
You are A+ player in everything!

Isabella and you are awesome too!

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Jan 2012 18:19 #1515 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic Nastya age 5
Hellene, I would be really happy if you tell me how to turn the metronome on, as I actually do not know how to do that.

More
30 Jan 2012 18:32 #1516 by hellene

Bossa wrote: Hellene, I would be really happy if you tell me how to turn the metronome on, as I actually do not know how to do that.

Bossa, it is not a traditional metronome. Please, look to the keyboard closely and find START/STOP button on your keyboard. When you press the rhythm section has to strt playing. Find how to change the style and make it slower.

I am sure that your kids found this staff already! ;)

Here is the video, how you can use this feature to improve the song's flow.

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Jan 2012 19:00 #1517 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Nastya age 5

:cheer: we all are awesome on this forum!

SoftMozart brings out the best in everyone :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
30 Jan 2012 20:21 #1522 by hellene

NadiaD wrote:

SoftMozart brings out the best in everyone :-)

It is so true!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds