fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
12 Jan 2012 02:04 - 12 Jan 2012 02:05 #1093 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: thanks for the video. It really does explain everything! I particularly liked the comment about teachers being "live mistake registerers"! I have sat in on one of those teachers lessons! One of my favourite parts of softmozart is that it registers scores to pit yourself against and encourage improvement. As well as clearly showing your mistakes. I love that it is instant feedback and we dont have to spend a week practicing something the wrong way before the teacher fixes the mistake during lesson time!

Tiana has played guess key a few times now each time for 2 mins and scores near 60 each time.
She also is playing hot cross buns, she had each hand seperately at perfect scores and about plus 5. Both hands together she is much slower her last score was 36/37 plus time 40. Interestingly if it is her suggestion to play piano (rather than mine) she always gets a better time. Her accuracy isnt effected just the time it takes her to play each piece.
Yesterday she asked (after watching me do it :) ) if she could try the horizontal view so I videoed it for you. She is a total character that girl much like the bird :P

Well, this parrot will sing HCB very soon ;)
I am not surprised that Tiana asked you to switch for horizontal view. This is the goodness of the program: they always looking forward for
troub... :pinch: challenges.

My little students sometimes decide right before their performance on piano recital that they would like to play Grand Piano instead of the keyboard...

After almost having several heart attacks I got used to that...

To make the long story short... With this program the kids getting real test for challenges...

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 12 Jan 2012 02:05 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2012 12:16 #1099 by lzp11
I love this video and can't wait to show it to E! Love your bird :lol:

Well done Tiana - great progress!

I love that she is choosing her own challenges. It's so interesting that her times are much better when she chooses to play herself. I read a very inspiring book about geniuses called Bounce bt Matthew Syed. It's all about how people get to the top of their field in sports or other areas including a section on music. He argues quite convincingly that high quality practice is what makes people great far more than any innate ability. But the motivation needs to be internal (from the individual) not external so I see my job is to help harness and develop my DDs own drive and motivation. This doesn't mean I won't encourage and support and give structure but I have to remind myself I can't do it for her!!

Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see one with singing solfege too :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
12 Jan 2012 20:37 #1113 by Mandabplus3
The bird talks. It is truly awesome. If you want a pet a tame conure is a wonderful choice :) I was thinking I might try to teach the bird ( Baloo ) perfect pitch! It always wants to be in the piano room when we are playing! I am sure I heard it whistling a piano note...
That book sounds interesting I will look for it. My kids are good at lots of things but have their own Definate interests. Natalyas potential to be athletically brilliant is only hampered by my lack of knowledge...and her lack of internal commitment. I find all my kids ability to retain information when they initiate a task is just incredible! One learnt three different sets of times tables on the drive to school (15 mins) one day just because she asked me to teach them to her! And remembered them all!
The girls still only sing solfege when they want to, no amount of coaxing on my part helps. Its totally random! They sing it at the strangest times. At the supermarket they were singing hot cross buns in solfege! I think Natalya could figure out a few nursery rhymes in solfege if she tried. I shall mention it :evil:

More
13 Jan 2012 05:04 - 13 Jan 2012 05:06 #1131 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: I love this video and can't wait to show it to E! Love your bird :lol:

Well done Tiana - great progress!

I love that she is choosing her own challenges. It's so interesting that her times are much better when she chooses to play herself. I read a very inspiring book about geniuses called Bounce bt Matthew Syed. It's all about how people get to the top of their field in sports or other areas including a section on music. He argues quite convincingly that high quality practice is what makes people great far more than any innate ability. But the motivation needs to be internal (from the individual) not external so I see my job is to help harness and develop my DDs own drive and motivation. This doesn't mean I won't encourage and support and give structure but I have to remind myself I can't do it for her!!

Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see one with singing solfege too :P

You are exactly right!
Unfortunately, motivation to learn music literacy had been diminished for several reasons. I wrote a lot about it in my book and articles. So, creation of this community, ability to have international recitals, share videos and files, personal example of parents and relatives are going to help our kids to build the motivation again and not to fail into trap of primitive music and drugs.

File Attachment:

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 05:06 by hellene.

More
13 Jan 2012 05:09 #1132 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: The bird talks. It is truly awesome. If you want a pet a tame conure is a wonderful choice :) I was thinking I might try to teach the bird ( Baloo ) perfect pitch! It always wants to be in the piano room when we are playing! I am sure I heard it whistling a piano note...
That book sounds interesting I will look for it. My kids are good at lots of things but have their own Definate interests. Natalyas potential to be athletically brilliant is only hampered by my lack of knowledge...and her lack of internal commitment. I find all my kids ability to retain information when they initiate a task is just incredible! One learnt three different sets of times tables on the drive to school (15 mins) one day just because she asked me to teach them to her! And remembered them all!
The girls still only sing solfege when they want to, no amount of coaxing on my part helps. Its totally random! They sing it at the strangest times. At the supermarket they were singing hot cross buns in solfege! I think Natalya could figure out a few nursery rhymes in solfege if she tried. I shall mention it :evil:

Whether your girls like it or not, Solfeggio had been gotten to their heads ... and little birdy also is surrendered :woohoo:
No escape... They are destined to percept music through note's names ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Jan 2012 08:08 #1134 by Mandabplus3
I only have one thing to say to that
:woohoo: :woohoo: WOOOOOOHOOOOOO :woohoo: !!!!!!! :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds