fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
27 Jan 2012 23:20 - 27 Jan 2012 23:21 #1444 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: So the monthly wrap up :)
Achievements
Incredible for a girl who didn't want to learn piano and has never played before!!

I didn't know that! Maybe you had mentioned this, but I didn't notice... Good for Tiana! As a girl who once HATED piano lessons I can relate to this :P

Tiana has memorized hot cross buns with both hands together. She shows everyone who comes to visit :)

I advice my students after playing concerts go around with a hat reminding everyone that it is a crisis and piano lessons are quite expensive :lol:

She learnt the solfege alphabet, she can sing it up and back from do and re, she can sort the cards into order and tell me which one is missing.
She is memorizing jingle bells.
She played guess key a few times ( she doesn't like it much, need to spice it up for her next month) top score in 2 mins 97.

Oh well, the FRUITE LINE MONTH IS FEBRUARY. This is Note Alphabet month. Guess key was in December. I will take a note to be persistent with my curriculum reminder. Anyway, let her play Guess Key next semester. It is great game in moderation :)

She sneaks off to play fruit lines now :)

what is the score?

BIGGEST achievement, Tiana is writing a piece of music! Yep she is composing :) she asked me to write down what she plays and sings for her, it's not finished yet so I am not aloud to publish it ;) Obviously it's simple but it is quite pretty :) pretty happy about this :woohoo:

Oh, I am maybe HAPPIER... Wow! Can't wait to hear the song! Tell her that I am very proud of her! BTW, we have a little boy in California and he came up with very cool song after working with Soft Mozart for awhile:

I just have my guts feeling that in such family like yours could be very creative kids!

She also agreed to participate in the recital, it was the tshirt that got her in :)

We would better hurry with design! :ohmy:

She has kept up with the corriculum but substituted Jingles bells for the Frenchnsong. We don't have the kingdom of tune book but I think I will get it now I know they are all hooked!
The challenges.
Piano time with 4 players!
Her brother wants a turn every time she starts to play.
Christmas, cousins, camping and daddy all got in the way of consistent practice. The neighbour did too until I stuck him on for a go, he loved it!
She doesn't want to do many finger excersizes, but will do some.
It took a while to get her to sing the solfege and I still have to remind her or sing along.

Yes, just pay her double for singing or... charge her, if YOU will sing for her

Next months goals
She wants to finish her piece :)
Practice for the recital and learn a new song by memory.
I added, learning note alphabet from ME and FA :)
This month she starts her 15 mins piano lesson through school, I think she might be bored ;) The basic book one is only one hand!

Suggest, please, our program for the school. We'll give them good deal,, if they will be willing to promote it.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 27 Jan 2012 23:21 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2012 06:45 #1463 by Mandabplus3
Hey! I like the idea of charging her when I sing :) with three kids and me my voice could actually wear out! ;)
I will talk to the piano teacher and the school about SM, the school is too conservative but the teacher is independent of the school and she may go for it. At the very least I will experct her to work with it :)
Oh make sure you put your web address on the T shirt!
Tiana was reluctantly learning piano until she is big enough to learn flute she isn't quite comfortable holding it...not sure the flute will get much use now :cheer:

More
28 Jan 2012 08:49 #1466 by NadiaD
Manda,
Congratulation to Tiana on her progress!
She have learned so much in only one month!
Great Job!

More
28 Jan 2012 15:15 #1469 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Hey! I like the idea of charging her when I sing :) with three kids and me my voice could actually wear out! ;)

I usually say: you have 2 choices: you will sing or i will sing for you. But my services are not cheap. I will charge you 5 music dollars for one time. What is the deal? The trick IS to charge, if you sing. No mercy! :P

I will talk to the piano teacher and the school about SM, the school is too conservative but the teacher is independent of the school and she may go for it. At the very least I will experct her to work with it :)

Hm... Soft Mozart even more conservative then any school. We use traditional Grand Staff and notation, and traditional ABC approach to learn abstract letters/notes with images. I do not see, why they could not just LOVE us? :lol:

Oh make sure you put your web address on the T shirt!

I will check it myself!

Tiana was reluctantly learning piano until she is big enough to learn flute she isn't quite comfortable holding it...not sure the flute will get much use now :cheer:

My daughter learned about 10 different instrument after Soft Mozart. She plays accordion, most of instruments in Gamelan orchestra en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamelan and even saw! :ohmy:

This program develops all sort of music skills, but the best part of it for me as a mom: it kept my daughter out of troubles when she was a teen...

File Attachment:

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
28 Jan 2012 21:58 #1475 by Mandabplus3
Oh what a beautiful photo! Love it!
I had decided my son would learn the sax. I have never in my life met a saxophone player who wasnt intelligent, funny and popular! :lol:
Music education does seem to keep kids out of trouble. The children participating in the school musicals and bands have high self esteems and are able to talk openly to both their peers and elders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds