fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
28 Dec 2011 00:12 #708 by Bossa
She did a great job. To make it easier for her to sing solfeggio is to teach her the song by singing solfeggio from the very beginning. I noticed that with my daughter (5 years). Singing the solfeggio even helped her to learn the song faster. She comes to keyboard several times and tries to play by remembering the notes. I think it's like a habit. If you learn to do something the particular way, and you do that over and over again, it becomes your habit, that is hard to break. So, if one is singing solfeggio while learning the song, she will get used to that, and will do that all the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 04:08 #710 by Mandabplus3
We might try that. We could press s and listen to the song while singing the solfeggio then try playing the song. Since she seems to pick up the piano part quicker than the solfeggio ATM. I can see she will get very good at this singing already.
Nadia I am glad the video helps. I am shocked when I watch them how much difference that 2 years makes! I am also constantly surprised that my 3 year old can do it at all! As to the stickers I can't wait to get them but I have been marking the keys with pencil. I just mark DO and the left hand keys and she has figured it out from there. Pretty clever I guess. The stickers will make a big difference for Jaykob.
I shall post another one for isabella of Tiana playing guess key game with all of her fingers soon. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 06:31 #719 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Thank you I will tune the program. I realized there was a problem but hadn't solved it yet. I have one other issue to solve. Te arrow keys don't work in all of the games, I think I need to turn off AGV antivirus and re install but I will check it out later.
None of the kiddies have started to sing in solfege yet. Other than c scales up and back. We are going camping out bush for a week tomorrow ( no tv or Internet I doubt) I will pack in some notes and songs for them to practice singing solfege to. They can sing by campfire! Or in the car til I go crazy! Lol. by the end of the week We should know them well.
Once the key guides go on I am sure they will sing along, they love to sing. They do seem to be picking this all up very quickly. I am quite surprised by the ease with which we are all learning. Even with Christmas, being so busy and me definitely not giving 100 percent! I can only imagine were they will be at the end of a year!
One point I think is important. The younger the children the shorter the lessons need to be. Jaykob can only do half as much as his sister Tiana. He really can only do each song twice at a time and often the second time doesn't get finished. But Natalya and I can stick at it happily for a lot longer.

You are absolutely right!

Due to the fact that Soft Mozart is building the learning experience upon the skills that had been established, developed and even mastered by most of the beginners (speech memory muscle memory, ability to recognize and differentiate shapes and colors, basic fine motor skills), the practice is not supposed to be as tedious and intense during the sessions as with ‘traditional’ piano/music lessons. More over, your kids will continue to learn between the sessions, sort music information out and won’t lose their gained skills between the sessions.

It is like with all other skills in life – riding a bicycle, for instance.
Our motto in this regards should be: lay back and enjoy the progress and be enough organized to record as much as you can.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 06:40 #720 by hellene

Bossa wrote: She did a great job. To make it easier for her to sing solfeggio is to teach her the song by singing solfeggio from the very beginning. I noticed that with my daughter (5 years). Singing the solfeggio even helped her to learn the song faster.

Thank you for noticing this! Yes, speech memory is coming to resque!

She comes to keyboard several times and tries to play by remembering the notes. I think it's like a habit. If you learn to do something the particular way, and you do that over and over again, it becomes your habit, that is hard to break. So, if one is singing solfeggio while learning the song, she will get used to that, and will do that all the time.

You are exactly right! Moreover, in her mind the sounds will be automatically decoded into notation and it will give her the following advantages:
1. More effective development of music ear and voice up to perfect pitch.
2. Ability to write any new music down as music dictation
3. Ability to transpose music or play from different key
For many musicians that started with Solfeggio note names such progress is very common.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 06:48 #722 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Manda,
Thank you very much for the video of Tiana singing solfeggio while playing the piano! Isabella could not believe her eyes, you can tell from her look, she thought: " Wow, this girl from the same planet as I , she sings solfeggio :) " She asked to watch video many times.
What a great job she does, especially knowing that she plays without stickers!

Nadia, I am touched by this post.
The matter or fact is that most of our kids are not having enough motivation to practice piano, because they are missing the social component in learning and sharing the results of it. I was dreaming of creating the community to conquer this very obstacle for many years already.

But in my wildest dreams didn’t I have a picture of 2 year old girl watching video of someone else learning piano and getting such encouragement!

I would say that this post made my day (considering the fact that it is 1:45 in Texas ) – it made my Wednesday, December the 28th ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Dec 2011 06:48 #723 by Mandabplus3
Hellen if ANY of my children or me gained any of those musical advantages from using softmozart I would be the happiest mummy on the planet!

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds