fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
28 Dec 2011 06:51 #724 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Well we had a mini breakthrough last night before bed. The kiddies finally started to sing their tunes in solfege. I asked them to try it just for the video and they did! :cheer:

Most surprising was that Jaykob decided to join in! I havent tuned the program yet and I can see its affecting their learning so thats next!

Singing while playing slowed down both her speed and accuracy on the piano and I doubt that she could sing the tune while playing her left hand as yet but I am sure with practice it will become easier. Perhaps this is why they didnt try to sing the notes before, perhaps they already had enough to think about and learn. Building on previous knowledge. It took her 6 tries singing along to get back to her previous results. Still 6 tries is very quick for a new skill. I am quite pleased with her progress.

Wonderful video!
Karma to you for posting all the materials!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 06:59 #726 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Te arrow keys don't work in all of the games, I think I need to turn off AGV antivirus and re install but I will check it out later.

Please, tell me more about this!

Keep in mind that in all our games we don't use up and down arrow keys in purpose: piano keys go right and left, when the notes moving up and down. This is why we use just right and left arrows to prepare kids minds for this essential rule.

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Dec 2011 07:09 #728 by Mandabplus3
It has happened a few times now but in different games. Twice in Fruit lines and a few times in Guess key. Always if I turn off the computer or the key board or just come back later they work fine! Twice in Guess key it wouldnt stop playing the note, the program froze and I had to open the task master to close the program. Alt X didnt work. I am wondering how important it is to turn everything on in the right order? There Is a shortcut missing from one of the files and I think it may be due to the AGV locking down the "infected but not infected" file. I know it isnt the numlock because other games work when one is playing up. I was planning to reinstall (from the disk) and shut off the AGV while I do it. Plus me admitting my weaknesses was planning to invite uncle Greg over for dinner while I do it. As a side to that Aunty Morgan is an awesome piano player :) Uncle Greg can solve any problem :)

More
28 Dec 2011 07:14 - 14 Jan 2012 09:39 #729 by NadiaD

Nadia, I am touched by this post.
The matter or fact is that most of our kids are not having enough motivation to practice piano, because they are missing the social component in learning and sharing the results of it. I was dreaming of creating the community to conquer this very obstacle for many years already.

But in my wildest dreams didn’t I have a picture of 2 year old girl watching video of someone else learning piano and getting such encouragement!

I was so thankful that Manda and Bossa posted video of their kids playing a piano and singing in solfeggio. I am still need to chase my DD around the house to get her to practice piano :lol: ... I always trying to show all the exercise that needs to be done myself first, but she does much better if she sees older kids examples.

I very excited to witness the beginning of SM forum. I hope this will be lifelong experience for my DD : people from all around the world learning to play piano , making new friends, discovering that listening to classical music is "cool", and not just something that her mom makes her to do :) !
Last edit: 14 Jan 2012 09:39 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
28 Dec 2011 21:36 #738 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: I very excited to witness the beginning of SM forum. I hope this will be lifelong experience for my DD : people from all around the world learning to play piano , making new friends, discovering that listening to classical music is "cool", and not just something that her mom makes her to do :) !

I think, this is exactly what is going to happen and I am very happy to have you on board to promote music literacy among our kids!
Than KARMA will follow us for good :)

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Dec 2011 21:54 #739 by hellene
Yes, it seems like good old problem with AVG for me!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds