fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
28 Dec 2011 21:57 #740 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Hellen if ANY of my children or me gained any of those musical advantages from using softmozart I would be the happiest mummy on the planet!

You will be. I am saying this, because I AM also a happiest mummy. Soft Mozart saved my daughter not just from music illiteracy, but from many many troubles. ;)

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 07:17 - 06 Jan 2012 17:09 #918 by Mandabplus3
Tiana played guess key game today for just over 2 mins, her score was 57. I really dont think this represents her best efforts, but hey we can all have an off day here and there :) She said she thought she wasnt very good at it so we will do some positive self talk before next practice tomorow.
All the relos are gone I have my table back and my stickers are on YAY! :woohoo:
Tiana found the stickers a distraction playing this game last time she played she had to remember where the keys were, this time she kept looking at the stickers for the answers. I am sure this is a temporary setback.
The video link is below (just for you Issabella :) ) I couldnt convince her to sing solfege to it today so I will try again tomorow.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 17:09 by hellene.

More
06 Jan 2012 16:56 #925 by NadiaD
Manda!

Thank you very much for posting a video!
Isabella loved it, we watched it 5-6 times :)

Right away you see that Tiana on totally different level than my DD.
She is aware that notes should be played with different fingers. For my Isabella I am covering the piano keys, leaving out only scale from Middle Do to Do . And she plays with her pointer all the notes :ohmy: ! But I am sure once she will become more familiar with software we will let over fingers play as well :lol:

Tiana did an excellent job.

Keep the videos coming!

Do your girls like to do finger exercise

More
06 Jan 2012 17:15 #926 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Tiana played guess key game today for just over 2 mins, her score was 57. I really dont think this represents her best efforts, but hey we can all have an off day here and there :) She said she thought she wasnt very good at it so we will do some positive self talk before next practice tomorow.
All the relos are gone I have my table back and my stickers are on YAY! :woohoo:
Tiana found the stickers a distraction playing this game last time she played she had to remember where the keys were, this time she kept looking at the stickers for the answers. I am sure this is a temporary setback.
The video link is below (just for you Issabella :) ) I couldnt convince her to sing solfege to it today so I will try again tomorow.

Mandabplus3, thank you very much for sharing! I placed your link differently to see the thumbnail of the video. If you don't like it, let me know, I will switch back.

Have couple of questions to you:
1. Did you set the voice for piano for different then piano in purpose?
2. Is Tiana still playing music from method books, where each finger is being assigned to a certain key?

Back to the Mozart

More
06 Jan 2012 22:21 #946 by Mandabplus3
Question 1
no, the guess key game was playing up ( AGV antivirus problem) I have since removed it and am running avast now, wow what a difference, all the annoying bits of the program are gone! :woohoo: It works properly now but I am still not sure if the piano has a problem will test it my self today. The keyboard does sit ON the button that changes the sound... :S
It's a temporary set up that really isn't suitable long term. I have another room in my house to put the piano but need a proper desk first!
Question 2
I have two girls Natalya is 8 and she is doing method books and has done two school years of piano lessons. She isnt all that interested in playing soft mozart at the moment but is Very keen on the solfege singing etc. She also loves to help her little brother and sister play softmozart.
This video above is of Tiana who just turned 6 she hasn't started her formal piano lessons yet but will start them in 4 weeks time through school. Can you see a problem? She naturally uses all of her fingers and both of her hands. I was wondering if the guess key game needs her to use her left hand only on the brown notes and right hand only on the higher notes? It only allowed us to hit that low octive to catch the fruit, this could have been an AGV issue though.
Do you have any experience with children learning both methods at once? I am wondering what problems I may encounter, and if I can be more prepared for them.

More
08 Jan 2012 11:21 #972 by Mandabplus3
So today with me solving other computer issues we didnt have it connected to the piano so we did other things.
I made some fancy flash cards to encourage the girls to use them more and not loose them!. here they are

I wanted them to last so that they can use them to learn do to do, re to re, mi to mi etc. so they are laminated. I made one blank gift so that I can line them up and put in a blank gift card then the girls can sing and tell me the missing note. They LOVED it! they played together for ages with it. Swaping the blank one and mixing them up for each other. At one point they were doing random order and trying to sing it in key. Not a bad attempt. Worth the effort of cutting them all out. Once again they are from sparklebox.com. I cut the solfege symbols out and pasted them on but if anyone else makes these, the presents are a editable file and I think it would be fairly simple to do it all digitally so it can be posted on the forum as one complete set. Provided extracting the solfege pictures doesnt upset Helene's copyright?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ttteh, NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds