fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
17 Jan 2012 08:08 #1231 by Mandabplus3
Oh but Hellene I don't need to be an instructor! I have almost convinced my sister in law to take on the role of Aussie ambasitor for you :) she would be much better than me as she can actually play piano ;)
Currently I am trying to convince my oldest of the benefits of softmozart. She just has her focus elsewhere at the moment ( math believe it or not! ) but I suggested she could try the games in abc format to help with her music reading and she said quite firmly NO mum I really like the do re me :lol: Thought you would be pleased to hear that one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2012 03:38 #1258 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh but Hellene I don't need to be an instructor! I have almost convinced my sister in law to take on the role of Aussie ambasitor for you :) she would be much better than me as she can actually play piano ;)

Great! I don't have anyone to present our program in Australia!

Currently I am trying to convince my oldest of the benefits of softmozart. She just has her focus elsewhere at the moment ( math believe it or not! )

It was also second passion of Mr. Mozart, believe it or not!

but I suggested she could try the games in abc format to help with her music reading and she said quite firmly NO mum I really like the do re me :lol: Thought you would be pleased to hear that one!

You got me right there! ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Jan 2012 22:17 #1293 by Mandabplus3
We have had a very busy week with full days out and about, but my children are still finding time for Piano practice! (if I don't burn dinner sometime this week it will be a miracle!)
Tiana is playing hot cross buns and jingle bells. She is playing hot cross buns in view 5 and I am pleased to say, although she knows it from memory she still looks at the notes on the screen as she plays. S she is learning note placement and how to follow the notes up and down the staff.
Jingle Bells she is playing with both hands now. Scores 72/77 plus t65.
She is also happier to play guess key. Her 2 minute score is up to 97 now.
We need to work on the finger excersizes a bit more now.
I bought a copy of the sound of music for my girls this week. Oh boy were they excited when the do re me song came on! Lol

More
18 Jan 2012 23:03 #1301 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: We have had a very busy week with full days out and about, but my children are still finding time for Piano practice! (if I don't burn dinner sometime this week it will be a miracle!)
Tiana is playing hot cross buns and jingle bells. She is playing hot cross buns in view 5 and I am pleased to say, although she knows it from memory she still looks at the notes on the screen as she plays. S she is learning note placement and how to follow the notes up and down the staff.
Jingle Bells she is playing with both hands now. Scores 72/77 plus t65.

Pretty good score to start memorizing the piece.

She is also happier to play guess key. Her 2 minute score is up to 97 now.

Excellent! This is very important game for ear training too! What about game of this months 'Note Alphabet'?

[/quote]We need to work on the finger excersizes a bit more now.
I bought a copy of the sound of music for my girls this week. Oh boy were they excited when the do re me song came on! Lol[/quote]

:woohoo:

Back to the Mozart

More
19 Jan 2012 06:40 #1305 by Mandabplus3
We havnt played note alphabet yet purely because I couldn't remember what the game of the month was :silly: will try it tomorrow :)

More
27 Jan 2012 10:28 #1426 by Mandabplus3
So the monthly wrap up :)
Achievements
Incredible for a girl who didn't want to learn piano and has never played before!!
Tiana has memorized hot cross buns with both hands together. She shows everyone who comes to visit :)
She learnt the solfege alphabet, she can sing it up and back from do and re, she can sort the cards into order and tell me which one is missing.
She is memorizing jingle bells.
She played guess key a few times ( she doesn't like it much, need to spice it up for her next month) top score in 2 mins 97.
She sneaks off to play fruit lines now :)
BIGGEST achievement, Tiana is writing a piece of music! Yep she is composing :) she asked me to write down what she plays and sings for her, it's not finished yet so I am not aloud to publish it ;) Obviously it's simple but it is quite pretty :) pretty happy about this :woohoo:
She also agreed to participate in the recital, it was the tshirt that got her in :)
She has kept up with the corriculum but substituted Jingles bells for the Frenchnsong. We don't have the kingdom of tune book but I think I will get it now I know they are all hooked!
The challenges.
Piano time with 4 players!
Her brother wants a turn every time she starts to play.
Christmas, cousins, camping and daddy all got in the way of consistent practice. The neighbour did too until I stuck him on for a go, he loved it!
She doesn't want to do many finger excersizes, but will do some.
It took a while to get her to sing the solfege and I still have to remind her or sing along.
Next months goals
She wants to finish her piece :)
Practice for the recital and learn a new song by memory.
I added, learning note alphabet from ME and FA :)
This month she starts her 15 mins piano lesson through school, I think she might be bored ;) The basic book one is only one hand!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds