fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - an adult beginner

More
29 Feb 2012 22:21 #2259 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Bahahaha i just read over my comment " if you wee in my house" bahahaha I meant if you "were" in my house! Oh boy this auto spelling can be a disaster!
I know exactly what you mean by it feels like it takes long time to get the consistency through the whole piece. I am working on the laughing song and I feel the same way. I really need a tripod because I would love to load more videos. I am sure it would be very useful to others to see the (slow) progress on each piece.
I think I am not concerned/nervous about the video because I don't mind what others think of my playing. I do it for me and me only :) it's refreshing as like you, I was nervous playing the flute years ago. I am sure you will get braver as you get better and better :) anyway I love watching your videos so keep loading them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 18:11 #2311 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Lol - Manda - I will definitely try not to wee if I ever visit your house :lol:

Hellene - please can I have some help with the fingering for R hand of Sonatina 1! I really like this piece :)
It seems like there are a few possible ways to play.

Here are the bars: I am not sure of and what I've been trying at the moment!

Bar 3: FEDCBCBC D
Should it be 4321 (then cross over) 2323 (then squeeze together) 5

Bar 6: EGECEC
454253 ?

Bar 7: DBCABGAFG

Bar 13 and 14: FEGFAGF EDCBDGBA
21315432 54325432 (or cross over after high C??)

Bar 26 - same question as bar 3

Bar 28: chords GE FD EC DB
42 31 21 21

Bar 36
AGFFEDCBA GAFGEFDE
54321321 231212121

I hope you don't mind giving all this detailed help :)

More
02 Mar 2012 21:45 - 02 Mar 2012 21:47 #2319 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Lee - an adult beginner

lzp11 wrote: Lol - Manda - I will definitely try not to wee if I ever visit your house :lol:

Hellene - please can I have some help with the fingering for R hand of Sonatina 1! I really like this piece :)
It seems like there are a few possible ways to play.

There are always several option when we play real music - not 'hand positioned' one ;)

Here are the bars: I am not sure of and what I've been trying at the moment!

Bar 3: FEDCBCBC D
Should it be 4321 (then cross over) 2323 (then squeeze together) 5

Great!

Bar 6: EGECEC
454253 ?

Right!

Bar 7: DBCABGAFG

Will work. Also last 2 - AFG - 421 is possible

Bar 13 and 14: FEGFAGF EDCBDGBA
21315432 54325432 (or cross over after high C??)

You mean 21325432 - the rest is great!

Bar 26 - same question as bar 3

The same answer! :)

Bar 28: chords GE FD EC DB
42 31 21 21

You mean Bar 30? Better 53 42 31 42

Bar 36
AGFFEDCBA GAFGEFDE
54321321 231212121

I hope you don't mind giving all this detailed help :)

Here you are 'overusing' your thumb - I would do something like
54321432 142314231

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 02 Mar 2012 21:47 by hellene.

More
08 Apr 2012 18:03 #2839 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
I know it is a long time since I've posted an update - although I have SM in my thoughts A LOT!

Life is very hectic and very tiring at the moment. I think I'm close to a wall of overload as I've returned to work (3 days a week - but they are long days) and just working out how to juggle all of the activities that are important to me and my little ones.

I'm still playing piano as much as I can but I don't really have enough for me the make the kind of progress that I'd like. I guess I play maybe 3 times a week for 20-30 mins. I'd love to play every day but there are some days when I get in from a 12 hour day at work and after having sorted out dinner and everything else that I'm too tired to even see the screen never mind concentrate on playing. At this point the only thing I can cope with is junk TV! If I am aiming for 10,000 hours to achieve excellence then at this rate it will only take me around 96 years to finally get there!!!!! :lol:

I'm still playing Sonatina 1 - Clementi. I am making slow but steady progress and played P6 328/333 today (time was 133 - as a comparison I can play left and right hands with few mistakes in a time of between 83 and 90. I find it easier with the timing to play on 6 presentations as it is clearer to see where the rests are with the left hand. But this does mean I cannot compare my time against the perfect computer score. So, I plan to measure against a set tempo using a metronome as I did with March (not there yet!). I am now starting to memorize the piece in stages.

With sight reading, I have nearly finished Favourite classics 1. I am torn with sight reading, since if I play it all slowly on 6 presentation then I can score quite accurately but I struggle with speeding it up, it is often a timing issue as much as anything. So with some pieces I do play repeatedly to try to improve - I realise this is an element of memorization but it seems to be the only way to get over certain mistakes. I hope this is OK. So I will follow Hellene's suggestion for moving through the sight reading pieces - after favourite classics 1 I think it is time to move onto Boogie 2.

More
08 Apr 2012 23:38 #2844 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Don't worry if it takes you 96 years for excellence, it'll still take me over 60! Perhaps the kids have more chance than us ;)
You seem to be making progress regardless and 3 x 20 to 30 minute sessions a week for a few years will make you a great piano player!
your sight reading is obviously quite good now, I struggle using presentation 6 still.
Sometimes crap TV is good for our sanity, in fact the only time I have ever enjoyed egging in front of the TV is after a big day on my feet after work. I think thats why TV is so popular ;)

More
07 May 2012 20:02 #3510 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Wow, Lee, your progress is amazing!
My kids are sleeping so I have had time to read your posts here. I love the way you move your hands over the piano keys. If finger exercises helped you with that then I'll practice more :P
Great job, even if your practice time reduced due to commitments I'm sure your passion for piano will help you advance always.

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds