fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - an adult beginner

More
16 May 2012 18:15 #3848 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Lee - an adult beginner
It's great to hear about your family Lee! Good news!
I'm sure each child has her aptitudes and no matter what each of them can have and really has a musical education either by listening to musical pieces, or by playing an instrument or by LR or LMs or whatever - it's great we can offer them something to stimulate the ear and the brain ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2012 02:10 #3901 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Lee,

You know I haven't been playing piano because I am older....I thought I'd just teach the kids. I loved reading about your progress. I laughed when I read that some of these pieces took you ages to learn....ha! Five months ago you couldn't play at all. It has given me some motivation.....way to go.

Btw- we'll start work soon on the rest of the power points.....Thanks for the audio clips from long long ago.

Sonya

More
18 May 2012 05:28 - 18 May 2012 05:30 #3902 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Sonya,
Do learn to play! It will increase your self-esteem, it will bring you (a lot of) joy and it will also mean a lot regarding your kids and their learning or your relationship with them :P
You'll give great concerts to the whole family, friends and neighbours! ;)

PS: I missed your PPT's, they're very useful. If you can and have time to continue with them, we'll very much appreciate them, thank you! :kiss:

Andrea
Last edit: 18 May 2012 05:30 by andreasro.

More
18 May 2012 07:51 #3903 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Oh? You are too old to learn? Or perhaps you are too young? :P
Learning to play along with my kids has made the journey much easier and far more enjoyable. I definately reccomend it!

More
18 May 2012 17:30 #3911 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Sonya - yes definitely take a bit of time for yourself and learn to play! I highly recommend - it's fun and relaxing.
As for being older - well - I have a big birthday coming up and I will be feeling old then for sure! But I have heard that learning new skills keeps the grey matter firing so maybe it will help keep my brain from slowly turning into mush over the next few years :lol:

BTW - I have completed the powerpoints for Do to Do right up to Ti to Ti. If you need any of the audio clips for creating LR files please let me know and I'll pop them in an email.

More
19 May 2012 00:26 #3914 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Lee - an adult beginner
OK OK,

We'll see. Not making any promises. I want to purchase a hammer dolcimer next year. Perhaps it will help me learn the dolcimer quicker.

Lee, yes I would like the files. I will let you know which ones I have. I got a new computer and will have to hunt down my old files from storage. Give me the weekend. I would love not to have to redo the work.....

Sonya

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds