fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - an adult beginner

More
03 Feb 2012 21:01 - 03 Feb 2012 21:05 #1700 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner

hellene wrote:
May I ask: did you learn how to cut sections of the songs - so you can concentrate of difficult spots?

Yes, I found how to do with with control enter and control backspace to set the limits and this is really helpful to concentrate on learning the tricky areas!

hellene wrote: I was watching you playing March from 'Nutcracker' on 6.
It seems like you are very self driven person.

Hellene - I think you must know me :lol:
I am a very self-driven person. Maybe that's how I became a doctor in my other life (outside being a mum, and piano student ;) )

hellene wrote: In reading the most important part is to go through as much of music material as possible, even without pressing S

If you can recognize the flow of the piece and hear it inside of your mind - you are good reader. The less you master the piece - the better.

Here is a very interesting video. Our programmer Yuri is a phenomenon
music reader. He just opens any score and plays it. Of cause, he has the music in his head, but I never saw any self-learners like him in my entire life!

Hope this video will inspire you

Wow Hellene this video is amazing. What an amazingly talented person! I will keep playing lots of pieces and try to hear the piece in my head.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 21:05 by lzp11.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 19:36 #1758 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Lee - an adult beginner
I didn't have a clue that you are a doctor! Wow! Now I know where are you coming from! :)

Can't wait to hear/see your new results!

Back to the Mozart

More
07 Feb 2012 10:38 #1782 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
I was practicing March with the metronome today. I'm going to need a LOT of practice moving between different phrases in time!

Hellene, just checking what tempo I should be aiming for? I'm currently playing reasonably OK on around 80 (still needs lots of polishing!) But when playing on "S" then it's around 150 :ohmy:

I tend to play on 6 (often with one or both hands hidden) so it's not got a way to measure my timing against the computer.

150 seems a LONG LONG way off :lol: :lol:

More
07 Feb 2012 14:59 #1787 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: I was practicing March with the metronome today. I'm going to need a LOT of practice moving between different phrases in time!

Hellene, just checking what tempo I should be aiming for? I'm currently playing reasonably OK on around 80 (still needs lots of polishing!) But when playing on "S" then it's around 150 :ohmy:

I tend to play on 6 (often with one or both hands hidden) so it's not got a way to measure my timing against the computer.

150 seems a LONG LONG way off :lol: :lol:

Lee, the tempo set is better then ideal! :lol: We won't have to be that way! ;) Any reasonable tempo will do.

You see, there is no limit of perfectness, but if we are just students with the ultimate goal to get through as many music texts as possible and enjoy it as much as we can, at some point we sould put some lid on our efforts.

I don't believe that your dream is to swap your doctor's job to concert pianist any time soon! :lol: So, don't worry about 150. Let's make it 100, or 90 :woohoo:

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Feb 2012 03:34 #1846 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Oh yes I need to remind myself of that one too. It doesn't need to be perfect just fun!

More
11 Feb 2012 01:20 #1872 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh yes I need to remind myself of that one too. It doesn't need to be perfect just fun!

+ 1 more:
Nobody is perfect
I am nobody :lol:

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds