fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - an adult beginner

More
25 Jan 2012 04:51 #1364 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Lee!

What an amazing progress! You are natural!
I really enjoyed all of the videos!
I think I am starting to get the thing about SM...
A song played by a friend will often touch you more than a perfect performance of a stranger! It is the best March I ever heard!
Karma to you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 08:03 #1368 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Oh Nadia what a beautiful thing to say! You truly speak from the heart, I love it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
25 Jan 2012 21:08 #1372 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Awww thank you Nadia, what a lovely thing to say. :)

More
26 Jan 2012 04:54 #1382 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
I finally had a quiet moment to watch your videos Lee! My kids have all seen. Them but I was cooking dinner!
Your boogie shows you have lovely strong fingers, I am quite jealous! Lol I practice my Hannon every day! One day...
March from the nutcracker...I love love love that piece. Always have, reminds me of a story book I read as a child, probably mum was playing the piece while I read the book.... Nadia was right, it sounded beautiful, and although it isn't perfect yet, I found myself ignoring the flaws and enjoying your playing. Wow I am just imagining what you will be playing in 12 months time! Thankyou
The following user(s) said Thank You: lzp11

More
31 Jan 2012 14:34 #1580 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Thank you everyone for lots of support - I am currently focusing on learning myself for a few months and getting as big a head start as possible on DD as I'm sure once she gets started she will soon overtake me :lol:

I am practicing Nutcracker and it is SLOWLY but surely improving. I think my memory is getting slow - as it is taking a while to set it in stone on PH - must be old age! :lol: Once I have it memorized I'll start playing with metronome.

I have a question about sight reading practice. I am currently sight reading the boogie 1 album. I can play most pieces fairly slowly but quite accurately on P6 after the first few attempts. For sight reading, how many times should I try to play each piece? How quickly (as in tempo) should I be able to play it (should it be close to what you hear if you press "S"?). How do I know when to move onto another piece / album?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
31 Jan 2012 18:04 #1595 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Lee - an adult beginner

lzp11 wrote: Thank you everyone for lots of support - I am currently focusing on learning myself for a few months and getting as big a head start as possible on DD as I'm sure once she gets started she will soon overtake me :lol:

No doubt! :)

I am practicing Nutcracker and it is SLOWLY but surely improving. I think my memory is getting slow - as it is taking a while to set it in stone on PH - must be old age! :lol: Once I have it memorized I'll start playing with metronome.

May I ask: did you learn how to cut sections of the songs - so you can concentrate of difficult spots?

I have a question about sight reading practice. I am currently sight reading the boogie 1 album. I can play most pieces fairly slowly but quite accurately on P6 after the first few attempts. For sight reading, how many times should I try to play each piece? How quickly (as in tempo) should I be able to play it (should it be close to what you hear if you press "S"?). How do I know when to move onto another piece / album?

I was watching you playing March from 'Nutcracker' on 6. :ohmy:
It seems like you are very self driven person. In reading the most important part is to go through as much of music material as possible, even without pressing S

If you can recognize the flow of the piece and hear it inside of your mind - you are good reader. The less you master the piece - the better.

Yes, it should be close to S!

Here is a very interesting video. Our programmer Yuri is a phenomenon
music reader. He just opens any score and plays it. Of cause, he has the music in his head, but I never saw any self-learners like him in my entire life!

Hope this video will inspire you:

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds