fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - an adult beginner

More
08 Jan 2012 19:08 #985 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - an adult beginner
Thank you Hellene - I will try with the revised fingering and let you know how it goes.

What I find really interesting is that I am much more engaged with the piece than in the past. I am thinking about which finger and learning for myself the best ways to play based on the music and the different exercises. This does not happen when just learning by rote and muscle memory when the fingering is printed on the page. I think this will make me better musically and able to play new pieces over time - more independent!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 20:11 #989 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Lee - an adult beginner

lzp11 wrote: Thank you Hellene - I will try with the revised fingering and let you know how it goes.

What I find really interesting is that I am much more engaged with the piece than in the past. I am thinking about which finger and learning for myself the best ways to play based on the music and the different exercises. This does not happen when just learning by rote and muscle memory when the fingering is printed on the page. I think this will make me better musically and able to play new pieces over time - more independent!

Exactly! More freadom and independancy from others...
Now do you understand, why piano teachers hate me so much? :P

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Jan 2012 19:15 - 21 Jan 2012 19:15 #1324 by lzp11
So here is my update! I am still playing most days for a short while and find it is a very relaxing and enjoyable addition to my day! I usually play after the kids are in bed and it's time for some me time :)

I've been playing Note alphabet school for 5-10 mins and latest score was 606 at 5 mins and then 1124 at 10 mins.

I've been practicing a couple of pieces for the recital. I started with the Boogie 1 album as this is a style I've never played before and I'm enjoying the challenge. I've pretty much got Boogie board memorised (and on video!) I'm playing it on PH6. And am just polishing Rock Group.

So here is Boogie board - I would like to check if this is the right standard to aim for the recital:

I think I will continue to play the whole Boogie 1 album for sight reading practice.

Then I am still practicing March from the Nutcracker suite. I know quite a lot by heart - but there are always bits that I get wrong, so I will continue to work on this. Here's my first take (so quite hesitant - it felt like an exam!!). I was playing this on P6:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 19:15 by lzp11.

More
21 Jan 2012 19:18 #1325 by lzp11

hellene wrote:

lzp11 wrote: Thank you

Yes Hellene I completely do understand this - I find SM so much more enjoyable and motivating than the thought of having lessons!!!! B) I feel very lucky to have found your product and to be part of this forum :cheer:

More
23 Jan 2012 16:50 #1337 by hellene
I enjoyed reading and watching videos from this post a lot! lzp11, it is
very good progress in learning piano, quite remarcable to watch your huge 'jump' from 'Boogie - board - boogie' to March from 'Nutcracker'.

lzp11 wrote: So here is my update! I am still playing most days for a short while and find it is a very relaxing and enjoyable addition to my day! I usually play after the kids are in bed and it's time for some me time :)

Yes. to have digital instrument is great! You put headphones on and nobody hears your practicing.

I've been playing Note alphabet school for 5-10 mins and latest score was 606 at 5 mins and then 1124 at 10 mins.

You are getting close to be Master of the Game! :woohoo:

I've been practicing a couple of pieces for the recital. I started with the Boogie 1 album as this is a style I've never played before and I'm enjoying the challenge. I've pretty much got Boogie board memorised (and on video!) I'm playing it on PH6. And am just polishing Rock Group.

Boogie Board Boogie sounds great! I like the way you placed your fingers over the piano. It is like you just came from a lesson with a great master, who showed you how to do this! Hands and muscles are in great shape for beginner, no tension.

So here is Boogie board - I would like to check if this is the right standard to aim for the recital:

Yes! I would add staccato for the right hand at the end of each music phrase: do do fa fa etc. Play them very short. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staccato

I think I will continue to play the whole Boogie 1 album for sight reading practice.

Yes, I think, you can do this.

Then I am still practicing March from the Nutcracker suite. I know quite a lot by heart - but there are always bits that I get wrong, so I will continue to work on this. Here's my first take (so quite hesitant - it felt like an exam!!). I was playing this on P6:

I checked this video. You are using all the reasonable fingering, Great! Song is very inconsistent with challenges: sometimes it is way too easy - sometimes it is hard for coordination.

You will have a lot of work with it polishing.

Your next steps would be:
1. Hide the notes and memorize R,L and both hands
2. Play it with and without computer
3. Turn the beats (metronome) on and try to keep up with the rhythm

After that video record yourself playing it and I will help you to polish the piece.

Great progress! Karma to you again!

Back to the Mozart

More
23 Jan 2012 16:52 #1338 by hellene

lzp11 wrote:

hellene wrote:

lzp11 wrote: Thank you

Yes Hellene I completely do understand this - I find SM so much more enjoyable and motivating than the thought of having lessons!!!! B) I feel very lucky to have found your product and to be part of this forum :cheer:

I am also lucky to have you as a student.
March is not easy piece for beginner, I have to say.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds