fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
14 Dec 2011 06:36 - 14 Dec 2011 14:26 #477 by NadiaD
Day 2 / Week 1 of SoftMozart

Today we had another productive day.

We played Music Alphabet Song in the background for some time. To be honest with time rap part of it gets annoying to me, though my DD loves it. So I do hope that someone can tell me how I can edit soundtrack to cut off rap part, so like this I will be playing it for a longer periods of time, I love the melody and voice very much.

We did solfeggio line puzzle, but today I did not arrange the second set, just guided DD to pick out notes one by one without skipping any.

We did solfeggio hopscotch, today I modified the game a little. I was taking away notes one by one. My 8 month old baby was also participating in order to keep the game interesting.
Tomorrow I plan to do as Hellene recommended: turn some cards down and jump up and down solfeggio line, pointing out and trying to guess the missing notes.

This one is for you, my fellow Brillkids Moms. I was flashing Solfeggio cards from Do to Do back and forward with corresponding music alphabet chant playing in the background. He loved it!( the first time , then he was trying take the cards from me :P )

Now about the challenges that we are facing:
My daughter understands the instructions very well, but a lot of times chooses not to follow them. I am yet to convince her to play the notes in order from Do to Ti... But to my opinion it is normal pace for her age group...
So far things that are saving us:
- asking her brother to do it instead of her, most of the time it makes her participate;
- keeping the sessions (even fun ones) short.

Big lifesaver for us became The Guess Key Game. DD got the concept right away that when she sees note on the screen she needs to press corresponding note on the keyboard. She did not get right away why we do not want the Spider to have any fruits. So I made some cut out figures of Papa and Son Gnomes and Spider and explained her that "Boy" picking up the fruit for his "Papa" and if the spider will eat the fruits, "Boy's" basket will be empty and his "Papa" will be hungry and sad. She got it and her efforts and concentration improved.

[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\gnome-coloring-page.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:2]C:\fakepath\soft mozart spider.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:4]C:\fakepath\024.JPG[/attachment]

I also played couple times throughout the day notes from Do to Do back and forward on the keyboard. Both kids liked it.

We haven't started practicing HC Buns yet... I will try to do it tomorrow. I do not expect my DD advance fast with that.

I am planning to get "The Kingdom of Tune" book. I think my daughter is too little for it, but since I have no musical background it will give me chance to learn new musical concepts and come out with the way to introduce them to her.

I hope tomorrow I will be lucky to get some good videos, so I will update this post with them.

Thi
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Dec 2011 14:26 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 06:36 - 14 Dec 2011 13:15 #478 by NadiaD
I also played couple times throughout the day notes from Do to Do back and forward on the keyboard. Both kids liked it.

We haven't started practicing HC Buns yet... I will try to do it tomorrow. I do not expect my DD advance fast with that...
Last edit: 14 Dec 2011 13:15 by NadiaD. Reason: double post

More
14 Dec 2011 14:06 #480 by lzp11
Thank you Nadia for keeping us up to date with your progress! It has given me some great ideas for my DD. I think we will start playing with solfege before even showing her the keyboard (a Christmas present!).

I have heard that in teaching solfege for singing, that children are often taught hand signs to go with each note. I did baby sign with my DD from the age of 4 months, so she is very familiar with signs. I dont know the official solfege signs so I am using British sign language signs that match the images that Hellene uses (e.g. door, rain, mirror, etc). Then when playing the do re mi music tracks, we can also do the sign language. I was thinking that with time, we could also do this to sing along with various nursery rhymes using solfege.

Obviously, you cannot sign at the same time as playing the piano!! But for my DD where I think it will be important to be inventive and have a wide range of learning methods, as she does not always agree to sit down and concentrate, it might be a fun way to keep a focus on solfege. You could also jump between the different notes on the playmat.

Hellene - do you think this is a good idea?

More
14 Dec 2011 14:25 #483 by NadiaD
This morning I was lucky to take a video of my DD playing Guess the Key game!

More
14 Dec 2011 16:43 #489 by hellene
Yes, Kodaly system is using the hand signs for singing Solfeggio. In Russian school of music, we used them in conjunction with different scales, but in USA they are connected with Do Major only. Soft Mozart is teaching all the scales professionally and you will see how the hand signs are easily applied to different scales that you will learn with our song – chant
Here is a link to Kodaly’s hand signs:
www.docstoc.com/docs/47403616/Solfege-Kodaly-Hand-Signals
(Keep in mind that the first note could be RE and MI etc)

Back to the Mozart

More
14 Dec 2011 16:53 #490 by hellene
Hi, Nadia,

I watched the video with the great deal of interest!

Here what I can comment on that:

1. To place just PART of piano stickers at the beginning is a great idea. It eliminates the distraction from the start and works great for your child and with most kids of that age
2. I already see how your daughter starting to build skills to focus and attention spent. It is so exciting to see it in making! In some parts, when she is familiar with the set of notes (Do Re Mi) she is 100% involved in the game. When the note FA is being introduced she ‘loses’ it for a moment, but then gain all of her attention again. I just see how her mind is forming. .
It is a great idea to tell the story about the spider. I usually also tell my students that he has a big family to feed and it’s OK to lose a fruit or two as a donation. But better to keep more for yourself, of cause )))
I also LOVE the idea to have pictures of the main characters being placed on the walls.
Great job, guys! I have to praise the entire family since your husband also participates in the learning process. Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds