fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
16 Dec 2011 16:38 - 16 Dec 2011 16:43 #516 by hellene

NadiaD wrote:
First we listened to the song and sang it together, then she played it with her right hand her score was:
First one I forgot to record,
Her second one R2 was 15 out of 15 / 33.

It is pretty good score for a beginner! Brava!

Then I added another 7 stickers to the keyboard, for the left hand, placed a sheet of paper, standing between two sets, so that she does not sees notes for the right hand to distract her.

Pretty good idea, Nadia! Is it possible to make the pictures for other parents to see?

We did not advance far... as playing with the left hand striking 2 notes together was very new to both of us... we will concentrate on it tomorrow...

Here is a video with a tip of how to teach toddlers to play chords:

You may place these extra stickers over the Soft Mozart stickers

After your DD will get use to play the chord using 2 hands the transition to play the chord using 1 hand will be very easy for her

now she is running around the house singing HCB :)

Imagine a school in Madrid or Harlem, where 30+ kids all learning to play 'Hot Cross Buns'. We call this 'the song of all nations' now :P

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 16 Dec 2011 16:43 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2011 15:33 - 18 Dec 2011 15:08 #520 by NadiaD
Yesterday we did some coloring of the picture from Hellene's book "the kingdom of the tune"

File Attachment:

Here is the way I am covering some parts of the screen to help my DD to focus on the task.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Update 12/18/ 2011:
First I was doing This:
File Attachment:

but this morning we tried this way, and it worked much better:

File Attachment:
Last edit: 18 Dec 2011 15:08 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, andreasro, lzp11

More
17 Dec 2011 18:36 #521 by lzp11
This is really helpful - thanks Nadia. I will definitely try covering the screen to help my DD concentrate. We are starting the programme after Christmas but we have been inspired by your posts to do some preparation before we start which I think will help.

We have been playing do re mi hopscotch with some big pictures of the images and singing the notes. I dont have a playmat so we just laid them next to each other on my yoga mat! We tried it for the first time yesterday and it was a big hit! she loves this game and wanted to play again today with her daddy too :cheer:

We also laid out the cards in order and out smaller ones on top.
I've also made a PowerPoint with the pictures and play this with the correct notes which we sing along to.

Finally I have found several versions of the song Hot Cross Buns on YouTube (animated ones plus children playing piano) plus I discovered it is on a CD we have at home so I am playing this so she gets to know it well before we try to start gentle piano.

I really hope my DD loves the program as much as I do - I am having so much fun learning with it :)

More
17 Dec 2011 19:23 #522 by ttteh
Nadia,

What you did make sense to help a young child focus. I will remember to use this method when my son gets older. :cheer:

More
17 Dec 2011 19:46 #524 by NadiaD
I am so glad that my posts are helpful.

Day 6/ Week1 of Soft Mozart.

I think the preparation and guidance is very important, especially when starting a program with a toddler : will need always to be on guard to keep things interesting ( even with hopscotch, it is better not to do it every day and keep the cards away, to keep the things interesting)

I am planning to do LR file unless someone already did find it and can share a link.

Today we did some coloring as well, my DD liked it, so I am thinking to come out with some solfeggio worksheets, so she can scribble :)
I would appreciate a links to those.

My DD likes to sing Do to Sol, forgetting about La,Ti, Do, so today we were singing and clapping from Fa to Do and back, just for her to become more fluent with the last sounds.

We played The Guess Key Game, she played for 1 min and picked 16 fruits, today she was very easily distracted.

She loves to Practice The Gentle Piano JB Song. I will correct in my previous posts to make clarification. So far DD' ve been playing HCB and JB on mode 1, the R2 that I wrote in previous posts meant second time with right hand.

Today she played JB

R1 a: 41 out of 45 /136
R1 b: 37 out of 45/ 131

Second time she was not paying attention well and we stopped the practice.

I would like to warn everyone: do not adjust stickers while your toddler present, i did that mistake: I wanted to straighten out one of the stickers on the keyboard, I did it in front of my DD, when the next time I saw the keyboard, half of the stickers were missing... So do not let your toddler to be aware that the pictures on the keyboard removable.
Also I think it would be great on top of the sticker put a layer of thin clear scotch, just to make it more scratch proof.

Please feel free to post here more ideas to try out . We will gladly give it a try.

So far the things that I plan to try :

a) finger exercise like recommended by ttteh

b) playing with the left hand following instructions shared by Hellene
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
18 Dec 2011 02:01 - 18 Dec 2011 04:10 #525 by NadiaD
Browsing youtube to find songs and clips kids singing solfege :) :

Last edit: 18 Dec 2011 04:10 by NadiaD.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds