fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
20 Dec 2011 05:07 #553 by NadiaD
Summary of Week 1 of following SoftMozart curriculum:

A. Theory:

Thanks to Music alphabet song and flashcards my DD now:

knows very well names of the notes and symbols representing them;

can sing the scale from Do to Do.

We still be working on her learning to put the flashcards in the order by herself without any prompts from my side.

B. Finger Exercises:

Isabella plays the Guess the Key game, but some days she would be distracted and loose interest quickly . My plan for the next week is to offer her the game for a short periods of time and may be just once a day.

Five fingers exercise she is doing at the moment only with my help.
I show her the exercise first, then I tell her that her fingers want to dance, Tumbkin on Do, etc. ; and place her fingers on corresponding notes. So far we are doing this only once a day.

C. Piano performance with Gentle Piano.

We worked this week on playing JB using right hand.
She likes the song and steady improving. I always encourage her to sing solfeggio of the notes she is playing. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.

D. Historical/ Cultural, using the book "the Kingdom of Tune"

She've memorized terms : "piano is out of tune"," tuning fork is used to tune the piano", " tuner".

So far I am very pleased with our progress, I did not expected even a half of it. I will be opening a new topic: " Week 2 of SM curriculum".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2011 18:43 #568 by hellene
Nadia,
Thank you very much for sharing your learning experience with all of us!
I am looking forward to reading your new posts!
So far - so good!

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Dec 2011 17:13 #581 by ariel
I am proud to report that we have started week 1. My daughter is almost 3 years old.

We finally got the stickers pasted. I introduced her to each stickers. The signs are great to help kids learn! She caught on pretty fast with a little help. Then, we tried to play along the alphabet chant. She has a difficult time doing that, I guess she is still trying to recognize the solfege names from the stickers. She also has a difficult time starting from her thumb.

Next, we are going to try associating the solfege names with the music notes. I hope I am using the correct names and not confusing everyone cuz my familiarity level is low. :dry:

We also need to do finger exercises from Hanon 1 and try the Guess Key Game.

Daddy, also helped, he is also planning to learn at the same time. B)

More
21 Dec 2011 17:25 #582 by hellene
Hi, ariel! Thank you for your posting!

ariel wrote: I am proud to report that we have started week 1. My daughter is almost 3 years old.

We finally got the stickers pasted. I introduced her to each stickers. The signs are great to help kids learn! She caught on pretty fast with a little help. Then, we tried to play along the alphabet chant. She has a difficult time doing that,

Please, explain, what did you mean by 'tried to play along alphabet chant?

I guess she is still trying to recognize the solfege names from the stickers.

Didn't understand... Please, explain!

She also has a difficult time starting from her thumb.

What you were trying to play?

Next, we are going to try associating the solfege names with the music notes. I hope I am using the correct names and not confusing everyone cuz my familiarity level is low. :dry:

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do would work! :)

We also need to do finger exercises from Hanon 1 and try the Guess Key Game.

Let us know, how it would go!

Daddy, also helped, he is also planning to learn at the same time. B)

Right move! ;)

I want you to know that on this forum we are not looking for just 'another success stories', but trying to learn and teach ourselves and our kids. All problems are widely welcome!

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Dec 2011 17:50 #585 by NadiaD
Ariel,
So glad that you started! Congratulations!

More
21 Dec 2011 23:28 #589 by NadiaD
I am very glad that your daughter started to use the program already!
Welcome to the club!

It was really important for us during the first week that my DD learned very well symbols and their meanings, because they are the keys to SM program. We decided to teach using solfeggio symbols rather than C, D, E,F . I am not planning to introduce C,D, E, F symbols and traditional images of the notes on Grand Staff for some time as I think it is not essential for her at this point and I do not want her to be confused . For now we will be focusing on playing the Gentle Piano and doing finger exercises.

We were not playing the piano along the alphabet chant as that song is pretty fast, and it will be very frustrating for my DD to try to catch up with the music. At the moment I try to create as many positive experiences as possible, adding challenges one at a time. As Hellene said 3:1 rule ;)

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds