fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
16 Dec 2011 05:02 #509 by ttteh
Nadia,

I can see that your DD playing time improved significantly on the second playing for Jingle Bell. You can probably let her learn two songs at the same time. She will get more practice the more she play. My daughter is currently learning 2 new songs, playing 6 of her existing songs and playing 3 other simpler songs for sight reading. My daughter right hand is dominant , so naturally she took longer time to train her left hand when she first started playing.

I believe after a few playing your daughter will know the notes to play without you pointing the screen. I see that learning to play piano is also a type of brain training. Immediate output is required from the player to press the right key when looking at the screen. There are a few things that I see improvements on my daughter since started SM- hand eye coordination continue to get better, better memory, math skill and concentration. All these benefits will help in other subjects that you teach your daughter. Plus, your daughter is already accelerating in her piano learning compare to learning using conventional method. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2011 05:08 #510 by ttteh
And also sing the solfeggio and encourage Izzabella to sing while playing as this will help her memorize the songs.

More
16 Dec 2011 13:26 #512 by ttteh

NadiaD wrote: I could not talk my DD into doing any finger exercise

Nadia,

I have an idea but not sure if it will work for your daughter. You can try to tell her a story that the finger is going to do exercise call "five finger exercise" and they are going to to visit in each house call Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So. Tell her the names of her finger before starting to play. Then say (thumb thumb on Do), (Pointer pointer on Re), (Tall Man Tall Man on Mi), (Ring Man Ring Man on Fa) and last one (Pinky Pinky on So).

Hope this will help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
16 Dec 2011 14:51 - 16 Dec 2011 16:47 #513 by NadiaD
ttteh, thank you very much for your advice.
Karma to you!

Day 5 /Week 1 of SoftMozart

Today we will try :

1. To do finger exercises the way you suggested.

2. Sing solfeggio while playing.

3.Practice both HCB and JB

4.I will stop pointing out notes on the screen.

5. As Hellene suggested I will cut a small clip of the Jingle Bells song and we will start practicing playing with the left hand.

This morning we started with Jingle Bells:
R1 42 of 45 /120

R2 37 of 45/ 114 ( second time she played when I was filming her)

here is the video:

Last edit: 16 Dec 2011 16:47 by NadiaD. Reason: more info

More
16 Dec 2011 16:28 #514 by hellene
Nadia, it is AMAZING for 2-year-old kid! I am impressed and very proud of your progress!
This video is the great way to SEE the progress in making. I had a chance of eye-witnessing, how she pays attention to the coming note instead of the note on the focus line. Now I understand, why did you have to point for her.
I assume, your DD is having a good skill of focusing on moving objects. Maybe, with such active parents she develop this skill watching them running around her cradle LOL
Now a little tip:

1.You may cut a small section of the piece for practicing (look at the F1 help file, how to do it. Select beginning of selection Ctrl Enter - end of selection Ctrl Backspace etc)

2. Let her make her own little errors and fix the mistakes empirically.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
16 Dec 2011 16:29 #515 by hellene
Great tip! Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds