fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
18 Dec 2011 02:41 #527 by Mrs.Post
Nadia,

I have been following your posts and they've been a great help thank you so much! We just started with solfege on the mat and using the signs. We have a DS child who uses signs all the time, so this was very familiar for her.

We won't be using computer program until after Christmas, but you've given me so many great ideas. Thanks for cutting the path.

Sonya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 04:41 #528 by NadiaD
I am so happy that my posts are helpful!

Tonight, after kids fell asleep, I reviewed Week 1 Lesson plan and print out Week 2 Lesson. To my relief the week 2 is basically review of week 1 with some additional activities. It will work great for us as my DD has already grasp of some activities, but will benefit greatly from additional practice and review.

I will keep daily track of activities just to stay organized:
I drew a straight line next to each activity and will put check mark on the line if the activity was done. Like this by the end of the week I will have to have 7 check marks next to each activity and will be able to have better idea of our learning.

File Attachment:

More
18 Dec 2011 15:03 #531 by hellene
Yes, Nadia,
I was keeping in mind to tell you about the curriculum: as soon as you will get familiar with all the essential Soft Mozart activities, you are good for… 10 years ahead, because all the material is going to be added in spirals.
There is one very important rule in teaching that we all should know. I call it 3:1 rule. Here is a video about it:

I am trying to follow this rule everywhere: in teaching students, in teaching educators and in my curriculum.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD, QueRiquita

More
18 Dec 2011 15:11 #532 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: I am so happy that my posts are helpful!

Tonight, after kids fell asleep, I reviewed Week 1 Lesson plan and print out Week 2 Lesson. To my relief the week 2 is basically review of week 1 with some additional activities. It will work great for us as my DD has already grasp of some activities, but will benefit greatly from additional practice and review.

I will keep daily track of activities just to stay organized:
I drew a straight line next to each activity and will put check mark on the line if the activity was done. Like this by the end of the week I will have to have 7 check marks next to each activity and will be able to have better idea of our learning.

Such an excellent idea! Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart

More
19 Dec 2011 03:36 #543 by Bossa
Thank you for this video. It is really helpful. I think it applies to everything we learn. Memorization only is not a good teacher.

More
20 Dec 2011 04:38 - 20 Dec 2011 04:40 #552 by NadiaD
On weekends I work part-time, that is why on Sunday we did not do a lot. But since I decided to keep track of our daily activities using weekly lesson plan, my day was productive enough :)

Day 7/ Week 1 of SoftMozart .

A)Listened to Music Alphabet song in the morning and in the evening.

B) Practiced JB using Gentle Piano.

C) Solpheggio hopscotch and puzzle.

D)Tried to play the Guess the Key Game, but my DD was not paying attention and kept asking for JB, so we played JB...
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 04:40 by NadiaD.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds