fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
22 Dec 2011 00:19 #590 by ariel

hellene wrote: Hi, ariel! Thank you for your posting!

ariel wrote: I am proud to report that we have started week 1. My daughter is almost 3 years old.

We finally got the stickers pasted. I introduced her to each stickers. The signs are great to help kids learn! She caught on pretty fast with a little help. Then, we tried to play along the alphabet chant. She has a difficult time doing that,

Please, explain, what did you mean by 'tried to play along alphabet chant?

As Nadia pointed out maybe I should not have tried this as the song is way too fast but I was just looking for a singing voice for my daughter to play the "Do re me" keys with.

I guess she is still trying to recognize the solfege names from the stickers.

Didn't understand... Please, explain!

To clarify - I think she is still trying to recognize that Door = Do, Mirror = Mi, etc. She is doing a fairly good job. I printed more flashcards out so she can color and as she can read, I think she will have the link down in no time.

She also has a difficult time starting from her thumb.

What you were trying to play?

We were trying to play "Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol"

Next, we are going to try associating the solfege names with the music notes. I hope I am using the correct names and not confusing everyone cuz my familiarity level is low. :dry:

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do would work! :)

Nadia, pointed out that she is not teaching music notes on the Grand Staff. Thanks dear ;) For example, Do is where. I thought they might be useful for some of the games. Will they not? At what stage will the kids learn to read sheet music? Just curious. Should I teach mine one note once a week. I always found reading sheet music to be interesting. :lol:

We also need to do finger exercises from Hanon 1 and try the Guess Key Game.

Let us know, how it would go!

Daddy, also helped, he is also planning to learn at the same time. B)

Right move! ;)

I want you to know that on this forum we are not looking for just 'another success stories', but trying to learn and teach ourselves and our kids. All problems are widely welcome!

Thanks, Hellene, appreciate it!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 02:39 #593 by hellene
Dear Ariel,
Now I understand! Thank you for explaining it all to me in details.

1. Transition from Door to Do has to be extremely gradual! It will happen one day! Let your baby to memorize the pictures first!

2. Song is way too fast. She can listen to it, but learn the pattern at her own pace

Finger exercises:

In order to place thumb properly and ‘stick’ to the key there is a game that I recommend you to use:

1. Ask your child if she is strong enough

2. Place YOUR THUMB on the key and ask your child to take YOUR thumb off the key. Don’t give up quickly, though ;)

3. Ask your child if she can do the same

Play this game couple of times. Your child has to understand that there is supposed to be some pressure when they touch piano keys. I call it feeling of ‘gravity’

Let me know, if this exercise helps

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, lzp11

More
22 Dec 2011 07:55 #595 by lzp11
So many great tips here! Thanks everyone and Hellene - I am so excited to start teaching after Christmas!

More
22 Dec 2011 13:31 #610 by hellene
Honestly, I am too!
I used to teach a lot of kids in my class, but on line - it is my first experience!

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Dec 2011 17:20 - 22 Dec 2011 17:48 #620 by ariel
Great tip! Hellene, Thank you soo much. I am definately glad I explained what we did at home bit by bit and you had a chance to help with our problems.

can you pls tell me abt this: repasting... thanks dear

Nadia, pointed out that she is not teaching music notes on the Grand Staff. Thanks dear ;) For example, Do is where. I thought they might be useful for some of the games. Will they not? At what stage will the kids learn to read sheet music? Just curious. Should I teach mine one note once a week. I always found reading sheet music to be interesting. :lol:

thanks,
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 17:48 by ariel. Reason: quest

More
22 Dec 2011 18:01 - 22 Dec 2011 18:05 #622 by andreasro

ariel wrote: Nadia, pointed out that she is not teaching music notes on the Grand Staff. Thanks dear ;) For example, Do is where. I thought they might be useful for some of the games.

Until Hellene will give you a professional's answer, I have seen that the game "Fruit Lines School" is teaching exactly that: where the notes are on the Grand Staff. I still don't know when to introduce that game to my DD, but for now, at the very beginning, I believe it's still too soon. He still needs a lot of time to get used to Gentle Piano or Guess Key School games.

Do is in the middle of the staffs, on the middle (imaginary) line. That line is usually represented as a small line on the display of the keyboards. And it's the same in SM games (small green line, for instance).

Andrea
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 18:05 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ariel

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds