fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
22 Dec 2011 19:24 #628 by lzp11
I think there is no rush to move onto teaching the notes on the grand staff. The games will teach where the notes are but I read in the introduction that some of these are not suitable for young children. Also gentle piano has many different levels (if you press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc) it shows you how the view gradually progresses from the initial view towards standard music notation. So as they get more familiar then we can gradually change the view and they will naturally learn all music notation. But for young children I think it might be confusing to move to this too quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ariel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 20:57 #631 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: I think there is no rush to move onto teaching the notes on the grand staff. The games will teach where the notes are but I read in the introduction that some of these are not suitable for young children. Also gentle piano has many different levels (if you press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc) it shows you how the view gradually progresses from the initial view towards standard music notation. So as they get more familiar then we can gradually change the view and they will naturally learn all music notation. But for young children I think it might be confusing to move to this too quickly.

I totally agree with you and it is amazing how you grasped the entire concept!

Music pedagogy used to cripple our perception leaving the Grand Staff unchangeable. We changed the Staff to adjust the music notation to appropriate age/level of learners.

Nobody ever would push a young child to learn reading with a ‘War and Peace’… Way too many lines and the print way too small. However, in music education (even with Soft Mozart) everyone feel obliged to get to the ‘novel format’ – level 6 – as quickly as possible.
I understand why it is happening. When first auto came to existence, people were opening their trunks and looking for hay or hidden horses.

When about 10 years ago I started teaching with Soft Mozart, I was the same! But now I know for a fact, that beginners have to take it slow and gradually in order to receive full advantage of the invention.
There are 2 essential components in music making: development of fine motor skills (piano technique) and developing music sight-reading. With different visual presentations of the same score we can balance both tasks.

Piano pieces that is challenging for the coordination could be given with more visual help. I teach sight-reading on 2,4,5 and 6 – when no pictures or letters on the notes is presented.

Nevertheless, this is gradual and very thorough process, where the foundation of learning is enjoyment.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
23 Dec 2011 21:23 - 23 Dec 2011 21:27 #656 by andreasro

NadiaD wrote: Browsing youtube to find songs and clips kids singing solfege :) :

The song of Aristocats singing solfeggio can be found in many languages on youtube. My son loves it :) as he loves both cats and the piano :lol: And I show him the Romanian version as many times as he likes.

And what I would recommend also is the movie "The Sound of Music" with the adorable voice of Julie Andrews, a good and enjoyable way to start introducing music to children, in my opinion.
For children I would just show them more few fragments like:

or

or

Andrea
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 21:27 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
23 Dec 2011 21:41 #659 by Mandabplus3
Oh what a blast from the past! Thanks for the memories :)

More
23 Dec 2011 21:59 #660 by NadiaD
Very nice videos! I was watching them on youtube the other night! I will be definitely getting " "The Sound of Music" on Blue Ray. I love these kind of movies!

But what came to my mind, after I watched many of these entertaining clips, that even if my DD will watch them for hundred times they will not help her to play the piano... but if we practice finger exercise or playing chords instead every cute video we watched, her piano skills will improve greatly...

More
24 Dec 2011 01:56 #661 by ariel
My new adapter will arrive tomorrow. yeah! The other day when we were playing the Jingle bell on Gentle Piano. I realized that I didn't know how to tell my DD which fingers to use with each key that comes up on the screen.

Can someone let us know? How to figure this out.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds