fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Maia (5 years old) and Camelia

More
23 May 2014 11:25 #14809 by camelia1902
Hello, everyone!

In parallel with the practice for the recital, Maia began working on "The Magic Flute". So far, she masters the right hand :) .
In the first video I'm posting today, she plays with R4, and in the second, from memory:

Have a wonderful day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2014 07:57 - 27 May 2014 09:28 #14812 by camelia1902
Dear friends, I want to show you my latest discovery, a set of great, great flashcards, "Composers in a Nutshell"!
There are so many such flashcards, just take a look here: www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm...dex&search=Find+book

I quote: Bringing the world of classical music to your fingertips, Fandex presents a field guide to the composers, their work, and the fascinating lives they led. From Vivaldi, whose scores were hidden in a private collection for nearly two centuries, to Benjamin Britten, who began playing piano at the age of two and revived British opera - from Bach begetting Mozart to Beethoven begetting Brahms - it's a chronological continuum of celebrated composers. It includes a note on all key works, portraits and an answer to the question - did Salieri really have a hand in Mozart's death?

Maia is thrilled about them and, for the moment, we are summing up the knowledge she has so far about composers. I let her look at each of the 47 pictures and say the names she recognizes, plus the names of their compositions.
There is so much and interesting information on these cards! You can easily handle and even take along on trips etc.
Here is our video:

And here, the official video found on youtube:

I hope my recommendation is useful!
Have a wonderful day!
Last edit: 27 May 2014 09:28 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, andreasro, geocoto

More
03 Jun 2014 18:09 - 02 Aug 2014 11:36 #14950 by camelia1902
Hello, everyone!

Today I have a new recommendation for you all, lovers of music and especially of W. A. Mozart.
I found a series of wonderfully written by Ernst Ekker, and illustrated by Doris Eisenburger books, and since Maia has just learnt "Away with Melancholy" for the Recital, the occasion was perfect for us to find out more about Mozart.

"Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Musical Picture Book)" for the whole family tells the tale of Mozart's life, from child prodigy to Imperial Royal Chamber Composer for Emperor Joseph the II to his work as one of the world's first freelance composers. Mozart's life and his music are virtually inseparable, since so many of his experiences and observations came out in his music.

Listen to the selection of Mozart's music on the enclosed CD as you read along, and you'll see how Mozart's life influenced his music—and his music influenced his life.

Through a somewhat fictionalized text, readers witness Mozart's temper and intolerance, arrogance, and competitive nature. Eisenburger's whimsical and colorful illustrations add a great deal to the book, presenting visual insight into the period in which Mozart lived and developed. An accompanying CD includes a wide range of his compositions. [/i] (quotation from the book description)

Those of you who read in Romanian can find the book here: www.libris.ro/librarie-online?fsv_77564=...0Doris%20Eisenburger
Note: Although the cover of the book is different from the English version, but the content is 100% the same.

Have a wonderful day!
Last edit: 02 Aug 2014 11:36 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, andreasro

More
07 Jun 2014 11:27 - 07 Jun 2014 11:29 #15002 by camelia1902
When we studied E. Humperdinck's "Hansel and Gretel", we knew we had to learn "Wooden Shoe Dance", which Maia instantly fell in love with.
Although the piece sounds pretty simple, the fingers position is quite tricky, so it took Maia a whole week to learn how to play the right hand.

Have a nice weekend, everybody!
Last edit: 07 Jun 2014 11:29 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, andreasro

More
21 Jun 2014 13:08 - 21 Jun 2014 13:09 #15393 by camelia1902
Hello, everyone!

Maia has finally learnt "Wooden Shoe Dance" by Humperdinck!
Although she still needs to polish the interpretation and use the video tutorials, I'm very proud of her - this is the most difficult (by far) piece she has played till now:

We have just come back from the theater, from the opera for kids, "Hansel and Gretel" :) .
It was so, so beautiful, the voices were phenomenal and Maia bravely answered the question one of the actors asked: "What is an opera?"
And she was so happy to hear the wooden shoe dance on the stage, too:

Have an excellent weekend and take good care! :kiss:
Last edit: 21 Jun 2014 13:09 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Manul

More
21 Jun 2014 17:10 #15396 by hellene
I am very impressed with your progress, Camelia and Maia! Will talk to you later in details. Keep doing your wonderful job!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds