fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Maia (5 years old) and Camelia

More
02 May 2014 12:03 - 02 May 2014 15:22 #14602 by camelia1902
Hello, everyone!

We were sight-reading the album “My First Piano Pieces” when we came across a little “gem”, called “A Hen”, written by N. Lyubarski. We instantly fell in love with the so melodic and nice to the ears piece, so I wasn't surprised to hear that Maia wanted to learn it. At the beginning it seemed easy to play, but we soon realized how this piece is perfect for those who need to practice on coordination and rhythm: both hands are in treble clef, so the child needs to squeeze all fingers in a rather small perimeter, and even alternate from time to time, right hand with left hand when playing “sol”.
This is the way Maia interprets it (I hope the rhythm is correct):

And these are the music dictation videos (made for right and left hand):

Music appreciation:
Since the protagonist of our song this week is a hen, we went through the book “Listen to the Birds” (which I presented in a previous post, at page 6 of our diary), and the book “Carnival of the Animals”, written by Camille Saint-Saëns.

In this last one, we find four tracks that were of interest for us these days: “Hens and Roosters”, “Cuckoo in the woods”, “Birds”, and “Swan”.

I highly recommend these books as introduction into the magical land of classical music!
And another recommendation would be the “Classical Baby Music Show”, which I exposed Maia ever since she herself was a baby:

I was so curious to see if now, after these 3 and a half months of piano she recognizes pieces she hears in the video. And wow, how she began yelling with joy when she heard “Morning Mood”, or Tchaikovsky, Bach and Camille Saint-Saëns with his “Aquarium”.

Happy learning, everyone!
Last edit: 02 May 2014 15:22 by camelia1902.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Ines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2014 00:38 - 03 May 2014 02:55 #14611 by ZNatalia

camelia1902 wrote: Oh, Natalia, we live in Romania, that is Eastern Europe :(((. It is so, so far away from you :( .

Don't worry about it! Thanks a lot! You are so kind! :kiss:
My oldest daughter's God Father is also Romanian. He is a Priest in our Church. And we sing "Christ has risen" and read The Gospel in Romanian every Easter :) This language is very good for melodies!
Last edit: 03 May 2014 02:55 by ZNatalia.

More
04 May 2014 18:00 #14614 by camelia1902
Wow, Natalia, this is so great. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Have a nice day! Hugs from Maia and I :kiss: !

More
06 May 2014 03:21 #14628 by hellene
Camelia, it took me some time to be able to comment on your post.

camelia1902 wrote: Hello, everyone!

We were sight-reading the album “My First Piano Pieces” when we came across a little “gem”, called “A Hen”, written by N. Lyubarski. We instantly fell in love with the so melodic and nice to the ears piece, so I wasn't surprised to hear that Maia wanted to learn it. At the beginning it seemed easy to play, but we soon realized how this piece is perfect for those who need to practice on coordination and rhythm: both hands are in treble clef, so the child needs to squeeze all fingers in a rather small perimeter, and even alternate from time to time, right hand with left hand when playing “sol”.
This is the way Maia interprets it (I hope the rhythm is correct):

The rhythm correct and Maia plays the song very well. If something has to be improved - the touch. This piece should b played staccato en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staccato , when the notes are not connected, but played separately with the 'jumping' motion.

And these are the music dictation videos (made for right and left hand):

Ourstanding! You are ready to write rhythm now. Do you know, how and where to find the information about it?

Music appreciation:
Since the protagonist of our song this week is a hen, we went through the book “Listen to the Birds” (which I presented in a previous post, at page 6 of our diary), and the book “Carnival of the Animals”, written by Camille Saint-Saëns.
In this last one, we find four tracks that were of interest for us these days: “Hens and Roosters”, “Cuckoo in the woods”, “Birds”, and “Swan”.

Wonderful! You are having very wise strategy in building learning journey for Maia. Are you watching the Theory Theater' videos sometimes?

I highly recommend these books as introduction into the magical land of classical music!
And another recommendation would be the “Classical Baby Music Show”, which I exposed Maia ever since she herself was a baby:

Great video indeed!

I was so curious to see if now, after these 3 and a half months of piano she recognizes pieces she hears in the video. And wow, how she began yelling with joy when she heard “Morning Mood”, or Tchaikovsky, Bach and Camille Saint-Saëns with his “Aquarium”.

Happy learning, everyone!

It is always great pleasure to read your posts, Camelia! Thank you very much for sharing!

Back to the Mozart

More
06 May 2014 06:43 #14631 by camelia1902
Thank you so much, dear Hellene for the advice!!!

Yes, we heard of "staccato" when we learnt Bach's "Musette", and I felt like adding it to "A Hen", too, but wasn't really sure where exactly :).

Oh, about writing rhythm I haven't read anything, yet. If it is not too much to ask, I'll appreciate a little help.

We were planning to go, again, through all Theory Theater' videos before the recital :).

Have a wonderful day! :kiss:

More
06 May 2014 09:05 - 06 May 2014 09:27 #14632 by Ines
Replied by Ines on topic Maia (5 years old) and Camelia

camelia1902 wrote: [...] and I felt like adding it to "A Hen", too, but wasn't really sure where exactly :).

A Hen:

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 May 2014 09:27 by Ines.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds