fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Maia (5 years old) and Camelia

More
10 Apr 2014 00:40 - 10 Apr 2014 01:42 #14397 by ZNatalia

When I begin filming her, I see that her eyes are closed!

Outstanding!

I love Maia's & Yours "Old Woman in a Shoe". Maia played it childly dramatic. :) And you, Camelia, did it so quiet and sad! You have a nice legato!
:kiss:
Last edit: 10 Apr 2014 01:42 by ZNatalia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2014 04:18 #14399 by hellene

camelia1902 wrote: Hello, everyone!

This week was mainly about "Old Woman in a Shoe" for us :) .
I love, love, love this song, and ever since Maia heard me practicing it, she kept begging me to allow her to learn it, too.
I thought this was the right moment, and I think I was right.
Here she is playing it with the teaching videos (with and without metronome):

Outstanding! HUGE improvement in rhythm consistency!

And here she is interpreting it by herself:

In ALL the videos is the excellent posture, free hands. No tension anywhere and Maia already focusing on art of playing: phrasings, dynamic… Excellent job, Maia!

Of course, I couldn't help myself and wanted to try to play it without stickers this time :) .
I can now realize how much we've learnt these two months, and how easy it came to me to play it without stickers, now that I knew the keys:
Thank you so much, Hellene, for all the joy you brought in our lives with this program!
Happy learning, everyone!

Camelia, this is my pleasure to see you flourishing!
Let me give you a small tip: at the end of the piece (when you play the last phrase an octave higher you may try to use a little pedal. Maia also! (if she can reach it, of cause) :P

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Apr 2014 04:21 #14400 by hellene

camelia1902 wrote: Hello, everyone!

Maia tells me this morning she feels ready to play "Old Woman in a Shoe" without stickers. When I begin filming her, I see that her eyes are closed!
Although she still needs to polish it here and there, she definitely loves this piece a lot:

Have a nice day!

Tell Maia, please, that little Mozart was playing his concerts in Europe sometimes with his eyes covered. Maia, you are following his footsteps!

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Apr 2014 07:03 #14410 by camelia1902
Thank you so, so much, dear Natalia! :kiss:

More
10 Apr 2014 07:07 #14411 by camelia1902
I cannot thank you enough, dear Hellene! Your words make us go on with even more enthusiasm.
We'll try the pedal today!!! Maia is crazy about pushing it, she is thrilled now that she has your approval to actually use it :woohoo: .
Have a wonderful day!

More
10 Apr 2014 07:09 #14412 by camelia1902
Thank you so much, Hellene!
Coincidence or not, this is Mozart week for us, and Maia has just learnt about Mozart using to perform with his eyes covered or even with a handkerchief placed upon the piano keys.
Maybe this made her want to play with her eyes closed :) .

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds