fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Andrea and kids - learning with Soft Mozart

More
11 Aug 2012 22:26 #5195 by hellene
Andrea,
FINALLY I made some time for your post, which I read couple of days ago, but didn't have enough time to comment on! :)

andreasro wrote: Hello, here's an update to my experience:
I've been practicing almost daily Hanon #1 exercise and indeed I see that after one month my fingers have started to loosen up, I feel them more relaxed (though not completely so) on the keys.

Andrea, this 'meal' (Hanon 1) is the best when it goes with 'Chromatic scale' or 'White and Black cat', because the second exercise help your hand to get 'rounded' position (you are going to use thumb and third finger)

I usually practice just one hand at a time as my 6.5 months old is sitting usually on my lap :))

You are BOTH practicing! :lol:

I've been practicing chords as Hellene suggested - it's more fun and useful and is boosting my self-confidence. For now I've done Solfeggio Chords 1: C major, D major, E flat major, F major and A minor.

Great! Why don't you record some video of you playing the chords?

I've played around with transposing some songs from Introductory Songs and I think I get it right.

Oh, I so wish to SEE that...

For the last week I've been practicing Radetsky March.
I got R1 182:182 / 7 the best score yesterday.

Wow! It is not an easy song for a beginner... Great job!

I love this song and I'm learning it just for the sake of playing well something harder to feel more at ease with the easier pieces, as Manda was saying in a message some time ago.

Check the BOOGIE 1 library. For example, 'Cat Boogie' or 'Robot Rock'. You will find it entertaining to play and to listen to...

Hellene is right, having the scores organized in a notebook is a good thing, I want to do it too. I'm sure that when looking back I'll see better my progress.

DS1 has spent more time outside or on holiday but each time he's at the Guess Key game he's improving. And I've noticed that he's watching me carefully when I do finger exercises - he's trying to imitate me. So, he's to stubborn to listen to me when I can teach him, but he can do it; I just have to wait for "the window of opportunity", the time when he's ready to listen and practice.

Open this window with 'music money' :P

When possible, I'll make a video with me playing. For now making videos is like "mission impossible". I need to clone myself to keep the DS2 away from me :)) Or I should keep him on my back in a Mei Tai or wrap while playing piano - this seems to be the last solution :))

Yes, it is a problem :huh: I wish you will solve it soon!

By the way, he's touching the keys gently and likes it :) Not to mention he's watching the screen with interest while in Gentle Piano or Guess Key ;)

Yes, he is learning already! You will be surprised one day!

PS:
My score for today in Note Duration: 13:14 / 1886 points / Level 21 / 24
When playing songs I have to work hard to get the right rythm / the right duration. One thing is what I sing with the voice and what I can play in my mind, and playing with the hands is another...
Hellene, what should I practice more to help myself with that?

Andrea

Andrea, I am not sure, because I saw your score on Radetsky March and it seems all right. I wish to see you playing at least one time (you can make a video just for me). I have to see you playing to be able to grasp, what is your next step in learning.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2012 06:20 #5199 by andreasro
Hellene,
I'll see what I can do next week about videorecording me playing.

Andrea

More
14 Aug 2012 20:49 - 14 Aug 2012 20:58 #5223 by andreasro
Hellene and all,

After looking for interpretations of Radetsky March on youtube I found the channel of Galya from France .
What do think? She shares free piano music sheets, midi and videos of her interpreting some pieces.

I made 3 videos (still learning to record with the webcam), not yet with me playing Radetsky March, but I'm working on it. You can hear DS2 in the background :lol: He's safe and sound and not in mum's lap or on her back :P

Hanon #1:

A New Year's Tree:

Ode To Joy:

My goal is to make a video with me playing each exercise Hellene teaches us and each song I learn, beginning with Introductory Songs album. I've realised that follwing Hellene's advice is much better than doing things in my unorganized way. And I wasn't learning anything properly because of lack of dedication and practice. Hellene, Lee and Manda, you are right: few minutes a day, regularly make the difference :)

Andrea
Last edit: 14 Aug 2012 20:58 by andreasro.

More
16 Aug 2012 07:25 #5232 by Mandabplus3
Yay, video! Well done. It's really quite brave of you to post them. It is wonderful to have this record of you playing, you will look back on these in just a couple of months and wonder just how you managed to learn so much so fast. I understand exactly just how hard it is to actually take any video at all with kiddies in the house...or animals for that matter!
Hellene will be able to guide you much better now with a visual. Congratulations on getting so far already!

More
16 Aug 2012 17:41 #5239 by hellene

andreasro wrote: Hellene and all,
I made 3 videos (still learning to record with the webcam), not yet with me playing Radetsky March, but I'm working on it. You can hear DS2 in the background :lol: He's safe and sound and not in mum's lap or on her back :P

Hanon #1

Excellent! Good coordination, strong gingers, even sounds.

A New Year's Tree:

Very good! Please, keep your fingers closer to black keys.

Ode To Joy:

You play all pieces on 6? :woohoo:

My goal is to make a video with me playing each exercise Hellene teaches us and each song I learn, beginning with Introductory Songs album. I've realised that follwing Hellene's advice is much better than doing things in my unorganized way. And I wasn't learning anything properly because of lack of dedication and practice. Hellene, Lee and Manda, you are right: few minutes a day, regularly make the difference :)
Andrea

Andrea, I am so proud of your achievements! Great job! You are very close to graduation of First Level!

Back to the Mozart

More
17 Aug 2012 18:14 #5245 by lzp11
Great job Andrea - it is wonderful to see your videos and as Manda says you will be able to look back in a very short time and see how far you have come!
You are looking confident and co-ordinated, I think it will not take long at all for you to make lots of progress! Well done!! :)

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds