fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Andrea and kids - learning with Soft Mozart

More
04 Jan 2012 03:24 #866 by hellene

Bossa wrote: I think to learn playing the piano before bedtime is not a very good idea. Kids are already tired as it is the end of the day. The best time is usually in the morning or at least after the day nap, if they take one, but not too late and when all family members come to have. It is better to listen to the music before bedtime, or to show others what they have learnt so far. Children like to show their achievements to others ( at least the closest family members) and like to be praised. It is a very good stimulus for them.

Well, of cause, this is not 'one size to fit all' families advice! Just general observation :P

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 10:15 - 29 Feb 2012 10:20 #2233 by andreasro
Hello, everyone! I'm back! :)
After a VBAC by the end of January we have another little boy ;) I have been very busy since that day, especially as I'm breastfeeding often :lol:

We haven't played the piano for weeks as we had a minor problem with the keyboard. In fact, I took advantace of the whole situation to teach him few things before playing piano again with SM. I know he is at "that" age (3 yr and 7 months), but I'm still trying to make him take it more seriously and not do his own way only. :P

To make DS1 learn the solfege better I took advantage of the LR files.
So for the last 4 weeks or so, we've been practicing watching and singing along with Do major LR file.
The results started to show 2 weeks ago when DS1 sang the Do major scale up and down when playing with 8 plastic pegs.

For the last week he's been singing the scale along with Hellene's voice in the LR file. He does not like seeing the file with no audio. And his voice has been improving, I mean each note he's been singing sounds more and more like the note in the scale - he's trying very hard to keep up the pace with the voice (taking a deep breath and breathing out all the air while singing 3-4 notes :lol: ) and also with the sound and he's succeeding, in my opinion.

Thank you BK moms for the files you've uploaded on SM forum and for your helpful discussions. I shall use the files and some of your ideas to help him more. DS1 does not want to show off or to sing when asked. Also, does not like playing with the cards but I'll try different variations and different things until he'll like something and will cooperate.

The best strategy with DS1 is to teach him and play or sing with him and then live him space. One moment in a day or one day he'll show me what he's learned. He always does that.

I'll keep you all posted.

PS: I'm sure DS2 is going to have a much better start with everything regarding early learning as he's always there, a 24h listener, in everything I do with his brother.

Andrea
Last edit: 29 Feb 2012 10:20 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
29 Feb 2012 14:44 #2238 by lzp11
Welcome back Andrea!
And huge congratulations for the arrival of your second little boy :cheer:
For us, having a break on the piano has been a very positive thing and we've also been taking time to learn the notes and order before starting again. My DD also needs space to try things her own way and only then will she get involved. Sometimes patience and playing the 'long game' are most important in early learning :lol:

Sounds like your son is doing great with singing the solfege too :)

If he doesn't like the flashcards, have you tried using the Solfege children or presents instead (they are in the share forum too). These are much more popular with my DD. Or you could try other images that he's into - maybe cars? I'm sure Sparklebox has a whole range of different options!

Keep up posted with your progress!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, andreasro

More
29 Feb 2012 17:43 #2239 by hellene

andreasro wrote: Hello, everyone! I'm back! :)
After a VBAC by the end of January we have another little boy ;) I have been very busy since that day, especially as I'm breastfeeding often :lol:

Hi, Andrea! What a nice picture of yours on the userpick! You look gorgeous! My congratulations on having another baby! This is the happiest time of woman's life!

We haven't played the piano for weeks as we had a minor problem with the keyboard. In fact, I took advantace of the whole situation to teach him few things before playing piano again with SM. I know he is at "that" age (3 yr and 7 months), but I'm still trying to make him take it more seriously and not do his own way only. :P

what exactly does he want to do his way?

To make DS1 learn the solfege better I took advantage of the LR files.
So for the last 4 weeks or so, we've been practicing watching and singing along with Do major LR file.
The results started to show 2 weeks ago when DS1 sang the Do major scale up and down when playing with 8 plastic pegs.

Hooray to our forum members! They are doing AWESOME JOB.

For the last week he's been singing the scale along with Hellene's voice in the LR file. He does not like seeing the file with no audio. And his voice has been improving, I mean each note he's been singing sounds more and more like the note in the scale - he's trying very hard to keep up the pace with the voice (taking a deep breath and breathing out all the air while singing 3-4 notes :lol: ) and also with the sound and he's succeeding, in my opinion.

Yes, the best way to sing the skales is by tetrachords - meaning 4+4 notes:
Do Re Mi Fa breath
So La Ti Do breath
Do Ti La So breath
Fa Mi Re Do

Thank you BK moms for the files you've uploaded on SM forum and for your helpful discussions. I shall use the files and some of your ideas to help him more. DS1 does not want to show off or to sing when asked. Also, does not like playing with the cards but I'll try different variations and different things until he'll like something and will cooperate.

Yes, I wrote in my blog an article about teaching toddlers. They definetely don't like to be chased - that's for sure. :P

The best strategy with DS1 is to teach him and play or sing with him and then live him space. One moment in a day or one day he'll show me what he's learned. He always does that.

'Live him space' is a key, I think. Interactive and smart learning all about that.

I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, I am so looking forward to hearing from you!

PS: I'm sure DS2 is going to have a much better start with everything regarding early learning as he's always there, a 24h listener, in everything I do with his brother.

Andrea

Yes, if it started running in the family, it would work for more generations ahead. When I teach big families, the younger ones are the most prepared. ;)

Wish you all the happiness and joy!

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Mar 2012 15:09 - 04 Mar 2012 15:22 #2369 by andreasro
Hi Lee and Hellene, thank you!
I will answer you both!

Yes, it's wonderful t be a mom and also to have the chance to be a better mom both for the first and second, and what a great joy when the birth of a son brought the opportunity of many big dreams to come true (VBAC, birth in a private clinic and a friendly and welcoming environment, a healthy child, breastfeeding and much more).

DS1, named A., has a very good audio memory and a musical ear. And he prefers to say or sing what he knows but likes to play around and not show that he knows the correspondence between audio and visual - I mean he knows the notes by heart but he does not want to point to their images, just points to whatever he likes. He does the same with the keys on the piano: he likes to press any key although he sings the notes learned.

Of course, I am sure he still needs some time and more ways to learn very well which note goes with which image, but I am also sure he's smart enough to remember them, just not willing to show off or to obey yet :lol:

As he likes railway engines, I have modified a file from [url=http://]www.childcareland.com [/url] with trains, added a flower from [url=http://]www.clickr.com[/url] and I will also do some other things that I'll talk about when I finish this project and I will also upload the file and pictures in the sharing section.

We have started to learn and repeat the HCB solfege file, wonderful idea! A. has got it, he's been singing it for few days now.

Will keep you posted.

Andrea
Last edit: 04 Mar 2012 15:22 by andreasro.

More
04 Mar 2012 15:19 #2370 by hellene

andreasro wrote: Hi Lee and Hellene, I will answer you both!

DS1, named A., has a very good audio memory and a musical ear. And he prefers to say or sing what he knows but likes to play around and not show that he knows the correspondence between audio and visual - I mean he knows the notes by heart but he does not want to point to their images, just points to whatever he likes. He does the same with the keys on the piano: he likes to press any key although he sings the notes learned.

Of course, I am sure he still needs some time and more ways to learn very well which note goes with which image, but I am also sure he's smart enough to remember them, just not willing to show off or to obey yet :lol:

As he likes railway engines, I have modified a file from [url=http://]www.childcareland.com [/url] with trains, added a flower from [url=http://]www.clickr.com[/url] and I will also do some other things that I'll talk about when I finish this project and I will also upload the file and pictures in the sharing section.

We have started to learn and repeat the HCB solfege file, wonderful idea! A. has got it, he's been singing it for few days no.

Will keep you posted.

Andrea

Great idea, Andrea!
I am looking forward to see your files.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds