fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Andrea and kids - learning with Soft Mozart

More
11 May 2012 22:02 #3780 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Uh oh! I am in trouble already! :P

I am here waiting for you! :)

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2012 17:36 #3789 by lzp11
Hi Andrea, great to have you back on the forum. It sounds like you are all making fantastic progress with Soft Mozart - it's lovely to hear all about what you are doing. Keep going and keep us all posted with your updates! I'm looking forward to seeing some videos of you guys too :)

With your update about A, you mentioned that you really want for him to play with both hands. I do know this feeling, my DD has not really been able to start playing gentle piano or the games yet - she's just not quite able to concentrate and she doesn't have the patience or focus. At first I was getting frustrated, but now I relax because I realise that both by hearing me playing, by learning small steps at a time, being exposed to music and to Solfege, that her musical ability is growing and growing! So, don't worry, he will make steps forwards when he is ready. You can encourage him in all sorts of ways, and it's great to be creative, but don't feel bad if he needs a little more time to develop the coordination to play with both hands at once. Suddenly one day a light will come on and he'll be playing with both hands and overtaking your progress :lol:

More
16 May 2012 18:22 #3851 by andreasro
Yes, I've given up pushing things.
Still, A. has made a great progress just after few days. His speed in reacting is increasing each Guess Key School he plays.
For now I have to teach him the flats and sharps on the piano as he's getting to that level each time I let him continue more than 3 minutes. He's got the idea that the flats and sharps are the black keys, but need to know which one of them exactly to continue playing. Otherwise, he avoids to be frustrated and wants to end the game :P
I'll use LR for teaching him some musical notation things that he encounters either when he's playing or when I'm playing parts of SM software. He's smart and willing enough to learn few of them using LR. I'll also try different methods for this purpose, but not too many, just enough to make it more interesting for him. He's learning faster that I've ever imagined. I never believed, though knew it's possible. Now I see it with my own eyes.

Andrea

More
16 May 2012 22:10 #3862 by Mandabplus3
Yes isn't it amazing how even the mums with their eyes wide open to the possibilities are still amazed by what is possible!
Does make you think what else can they do?

More
17 May 2012 04:41 #3876 by andreasro

Mandabplus3 wrote: Yes isn't it amazing how even the mums with their eyes wide open to the possibilities are still amazed by what is possible!
Does make you think what else can they do?

:lol: I'll wait and see, Manda! I'm willing to wait for years to see what they can do and become, but sometimes I become impatient... :P

More
17 May 2012 08:11 #3880 by Mandabplus3
That makes 2 of us then! Although I am getting more patient as my kids get older..so either I am worn out or patience comes with age like my mum says :P
I think mum must be right because no one who has ever met me would ever dream I could wear out! Lol

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds