fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Andrea and kids - learning with Soft Mozart

More
10 May 2012 05:53 #3725 by andreasro

Mandabplus3 wrote: did you find Helenes tips on how to practice what order to learn the hands in? Its in one of my posts I shall repost it for you soon in case you haven't.

Please do repost it, thank you! :P

Mandabplus3 wrote: I encourage them to use the right finger technique while they spin a yarn. :silly: probabaly i should write up some of these stories.

Yes, I'd love to read them! :)

Mandabplus3 wrote: did Can you even imagine how much easier it will be for your baby to learn this stuff! Those motor neurons are firing like mad!

;) well, I'm a lucky mom!

Hellene,

Yes, I know how to select a part of a song, but I didn't use it while A. was playing :blush:

Thank for the help, I'll follow your suggestions and make a summary by the end of the week. :)

It's very good to know what to do and why, where and what to improve. I'm glad there's someone to guide me, to help me correct the errors and play better and save time also :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2012 11:01 #3742 by Mandabplus3
So here are the instructions for you ;)

Hellene says:
I usually do this:
1. ask my students to play R 'till perfect
2. ask to play R H 'till almost perfect
3. ask to play L
4. LH
5. P
6. PH
7. No computer
8. No computer with rhythm section (metronome)

After that I advice to make a small recital for 'rich relatives' and at the end to drop a hint that the piano lessons now days are very expensive. Take a hat and go around to collect some tips...

We gave it a go and it works really well so I mostly do this for each song I am learning now. Obviously this is not the instructions for sight reading practice but for the challenging pieces you are learning to play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
11 May 2012 06:52 - 11 May 2012 06:55 #3767 by andreasro
:lol: Loved the comments below the list, great tip with the recital :lol:

Thank you for posting it, now I can't say I didn't know :)

Let's see what the end of the week will bring... Keep you posted!

Good luck with the recitals to all! I can't way to hear news about all of you who enlisted!

PS: Congratulations, Manda! :woohoo: So that's what Hellene told you in private, hum? :P About being SM forum administrator? ;) Good for you, you're fit for it! Welcome!

Andrea
Last edit: 11 May 2012 06:55 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
11 May 2012 07:39 - 11 May 2012 07:40 #3769 by Mandabplus3
:lol: thanks, Caught me by surprise! Couldn't log in :lol: and here I was complaining I didn't like " capture" look where it got me! Better learn to keep my mouth shut in future hey ;) :lol: For the record I am completely unqualified for the job...my brother is going to laugh till his sides split!
Last edit: 11 May 2012 07:40 by Mandabplus3.

More
11 May 2012 12:45 #3771 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: :lol: thanks, Caught me by surprise! Couldn't log in :lol: and here I was complaining I didn't like " capture" look where it got me! Better learn to keep my mouth shut in future hey ;) :lol: For the record I am completely unqualified for the job...my brother is going to laugh till his sides split!

Manda, as moderator to moderator, can I ask you to meet me on Skype this weekend? :P

Back to the Mozart

More
11 May 2012 21:59 #3779 by Mandabplus3
Uh oh! I am in trouble already! :P

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds