fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 1 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
12 Dec 2011 19:01 - 12 Dec 2011 19:18 #465 by NadiaD
Well, we've started !

I had my software downloaded, keyboard connected and stickers placed on keyboard couple days ago. It gave me the chance to test the games , get familiar with functions, rules and controls.

Then I:
1. read here on forum all the info on getting started and
watched SM videos on youtube .Videos are VERY helpful
here is the link to SM playlist: "Free Piano lessons", it contains the most important videos on how to get started.
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA6DDE34B4DCA5317&feature=plcp

2. print out lesson plan for week 1 and read it through,

3. print out solfeggio flashcards,
downloaded sample of alphabet chant,
(2 last items can be found here:
softmozart.com/teaching/how-to-get-start...it-for-yourself.html ).

Yesterday I introduced my DD to music note alphabet using flashcards and music chant. She loved both.

1st Activity:
I showed the cards one by one for her to get familiar with the names and symbols used. I was giving her cards one by one and she had to tell me the name of the card.
The funny moments: One time she called note Ti - "coffee" and i do not know why but with the mirrow symbol she assotiated " Is it me?" pointing at herself.

2nd Activity:
I placed one set of cards lined up (Do to Ti) and explained that they have to be in this order. Then I was giving out cards from the second set and she had to put the card on top of the same note in the lined- up set: from Do to Ti back and forward. She loved this activity.

So by the end of the evening she was familiar with the solfeggio symbols.

Last night we decided to put the keyboard under the Christmas Tree and slowly start the SM curriculum and activities including keyboard.

This morning my DD found the keyboard under the Christmass Tree and was very excited about it.
Now about excitement and distractions... :) She is a toddler, so I had to do couples of changes due to her age and ability to concentrate.

I removed the stickers from the keyboard leaving only stickers on Middle Do to Ti. So we have only 7 stickers at the moment we will be adding stickers as we progress.

She loved the Guess Key Name game, and it was easier to play with only 7 marked keys.

Finger excercises also became easier to guide after removal of editional stickers and covering up tempting buttons on keyboard control.

So... All in all I am very pleased .

here are some videos of our learning fun :

Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 19:18 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, andreasro, ariel, Mrs.Post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2011 00:03 - 13 Dec 2011 03:15 #468 by Mrs.Post
I just got our software today. I am working with a DS child. These videos are so helpful. We use the mat to learn numbers - jumping forward and backward , what a great idea to use it also for solfege! Thanks for posting.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2011 03:15 by Mrs.Post.

More
13 Dec 2011 02:00 #471 by hellene
Nadia,
What a smart and creative way to teach the Music Alphabet!
I am very impressed!
Later on, you can flip 1-2 cards and ask your daugher to guess, what is the name of it/them
I also start with asking to pick 'So' or 'Do'
Most importantly, the child is learning the very foundation of music theory - piano keys and music notes order using her speech memory.
I think, this is one of the crucial steps in music education that, unfortunately, overlooked by most teaching approaches.
Looking forward to see the progress of your child!

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Dec 2011 03:41 #472 by Mandabplus3
Nadia you are AWESOME! Karma to you :) Love, love, love the videos. Please thank your daughter for sharing her learning with us all. I love the jumping up and back learning do re me... I was wondering how I would teach that as I couldnt see myself or my son remembering it from cards in a line. My kids are very very active so we will definitely try that. New use for our hopscotch game :) Awesome stuff thanks

More
13 Dec 2011 16:57 #473 by ariel
Great job Nadia, Essp thanks for the videos. My daugther loves watching other kids and feels more motivated to try. Thanks!

More
13 Dec 2011 17:58 #476 by ttteh
Great job Nadia. You are doing a wonderful job in introducing the solffegio symbols. I can see that your daughter and you are having a lot of fun which is most important while learning. :)

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds