fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Tiana age 6 first month of learning

More
25 Dec 2011 05:13 - 06 Jan 2012 07:20 #682 by Mandabplus3
Ok well Tiana was reluctant to have a go at all much to my surprize. I think its a lack of sleep. Basically she came and asked so she could get out of cleaning the toy room!
Gentle Piano Hot Cross Buns
Once started she was determined! She wanted no animals and a perfect score! Her first attempt was Right hand 13/15 plus speed 18. She got it down to 15/15 at plus 4 on her second lesson. Yep christmas lessons at 9:00am she was so keen! We have video :)

Her left hand , she tried after she realised she had remembered the right hand! Wow, so fast! Her left hand proved to be slow but accurate. I loved that she could see her own score (she was trying to record it herself so thats tomorows lesson!) and was actively trying to beat it! It was also really easy for me to explain to her where to improve. This program is novice proof! Left hand video is below

Once I told her to go faster she did and got it down to plus 14 at 21/22 LH. Tomorow we will try to speed it up a bit before she plays both hands just to help her confidence. She has had a total of about 30 mins piano time if that!
We actually decided that by pressing "s" and listening and then playing at the speed it plays we are actually TOO SLOW to get a perfect score. Is this true?
Also can someone tell me what the flowers up the left side mean?
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 07:20 by Mandabplus3. Reason: ease for forum users
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2011 00:19 #686 by NadiaD
Great JOb!
What a wonderful start!
I think Tiana will be playing Mozart in January!

I think you get a flower for each correct note played.

More
27 Dec 2011 00:31 #693 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Ok well Tiana was reluctant to have a go at all much to my surprize. I think its a lack of sleep. Basically she came and asked so she could get out of cleaning the toy room!
Gentle Piano Hot Cross Buns
Once started she was determined! She wanted no animals and a perfect score! Her first attempt was Right hand 13/15 plus speed 18. She got it down to 15/15 at plus 4 on her second lesson. Yep christmas lessons at 9:00am she was so keen! We have video :)

Wonderful video! Thank you very much for sharing! The score is great for the first time. Coordination is natural, hands are pretty relaxed and flexible. I think, you may suggest her to use thumb, index and middle finger for ‘HCB’. Voice is vibrating and clear (for some reason singing the song in Minor! LOL
Suggestions: did you try to tune the program? On the video I noticed that the sounds come from computer. The quality would be much better, if you switch it to piano. ALL programs – Soft Mozart – tools – tuning – sound play back. Change for the other option and see what will happen.
Suggestion 2: I would recommend for Tiana to stick with Solfeggio names for a while. When she tries to sing and play ‘Hot Cross Buns’ with words, she has hard time connecting pitch with voice. Too many tasks at the same time. It would be great to tune her voice with solfeggio.

Her left hand , she tried after she realised she had remembered the right hand! Wow, so fast! Her left hand proved to be slow but accurate. I loved that she could see her own score (she was trying to record it herself so thats tomorows lesson!) and was actively trying to beat it! It was also really easy for me to explain to her where to improve. This program is novice proof! Left hand video is below

Once I told her to go faster she did and got it down to plus 14 at 21/22 LH. Tomorow we will try to speed it up a bit before she plays both hands just to help her confidence. She has had a total of about 30 mins piano time if that!
We actually decided that by pressing "s" and listening and then playing at the speed it plays we are actually TOO SLOW to get a perfect score. Is this true?
Also can someone tell me what the flowers up the left side mean?

I think, I know, what is the ‘problem’ with the left hand. Where are your piano key guides? She is just afraid to push the wrong key.
Overall, she is excellent for her first lesson! I would give her A+!
PS Flowers on the left is visual presentation that the score is growing.

Back to the Mozart

More
27 Dec 2011 03:21 #699 by Mandabplus3
Thank you I will tune the program. I realized there was a problem but hadn't solved it yet. I have one other issue to solve. Te arrow keys don't work in all of the games, I think I need to turn off AGV antivirus and re install but I will check it out later.
None of the kiddies have started to sing in solfege yet. Other than c scales up and back. We are going camping out bush for a week tomorrow ( no tv or Internet I doubt) I will pack in some notes and songs for them to practice singing solfege to. They can sing by campfire! Or in the car til I go crazy! Lol. by the end of the week We should know them well.
Once the key guides go on I am sure they will sing along, they love to sing. They do seem to be picking this all up very quickly. I am quite surprised by the ease with which we are all learning. Even with Christmas, being so busy and me definitely not giving 100 percent! I can only imagine were they will be at the end of a year!
One point I think is important. The younger the children the shorter the lessons need to be. Jaykob can only do half as much as his sister Tiana. He really can only do each song twice at a time and often the second time doesn't get finished. But Natalya and I can stick at it happily for a lot longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD, Bossa

More
27 Dec 2011 22:00 #704 by Mandabplus3
Well we had a mini breakthrough last night before bed. The kiddies finally started to sing their tunes in solfege. I asked them to try it just for the video and they did! :cheer:

Most surprising was that Jaykob decided to join in! I havent tuned the program yet and I can see its affecting their learning so thats next!

Singing while playing slowed down both her speed and accuracy on the piano and I doubt that she could sing the tune while playing her left hand as yet but I am sure with practice it will become easier. Perhaps this is why they didnt try to sing the notes before, perhaps they already had enough to think about and learn. Building on previous knowledge. It took her 6 tries singing along to get back to her previous results. Still 6 tries is very quick for a new skill. I am quite pleased with her progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
27 Dec 2011 23:24 #707 by NadiaD
Manda,
Thank you very much for the video of Tiana singing solfeggio while playing the piano! Isabella could not believe her eyes, you can tell from her look, she thought: " Wow, this girl from the same planet as I , she sings solfeggio :) " She asked to watch video many times.
What a great job she does, especially knowing that she plays without stickers!

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds