fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2-year old E - SM and an active toddler!

More
04 Feb 2012 04:27 #1706 by NadiaD
So great to hear that you finding your Soft way To Mozart with E. :-).
I think in doing SM program with a toddler it is always will be a method of trying and errors... That is why I love this forum: we all can share our experience and exchange tips. May be the things that work for you will not work for us, or vice a versa, but it is so great to have all of these great strategies to choose. All children are different and it is so great to have this ability just to follow a child lead...
We are at the moment in a stand still as well, but I am sure that we will have our breakthrough soon!

Will be waiting for your updates!
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 19:58 #2250 by lzp11
I've been very quiet recently but we have been still working on our music lessons! I decided to give E a complete break from the keyboard as I think it was sensory overload for her and too overwhelming. But we have played all the scales from Do to Do up till Fa to Fa ( and she keeps asking for Sol to Sol - must get round to making that next!!). We also play HCB and JB on PowerPoint. She likes to play Do to Do and back down on the toy piano (I have sellotaped on the solfege symbols) and she like to play freestyle on the keyboard which she does very gently and using a finger to try out different notes.

I was thinking this would be the full update but today E woke 15 mins early from her nap before I had a chance to do any piano practice myself. She was still tired so I gave her milk and let her stay in bed while I played quietly but she could hear me. Then I was playing fruit lines and she asked to cone sit on my lap to watch. Then she asked to play Guess key! I was really surprised but happy to try. Then I got a phone call for 2 minutes and normally she loses interest but she just kept shouting while I was on rpthe phone that she wanted to play( was not sure whether to be happy or annoyed by this :lol: )

Anyway we played with her getting a rubber ball to put into a bowl for every one correct note. I tried to stop at one min but she absoluteky refused! She carried on playing for over 3 mins! I was able to ask for 3 correct notes before giving each ball by the end.

I have no idea if we will be able to repeat this but it is heartening as that was bynfar the best effort ever with that game :)

More
29 Feb 2012 20:10 #2251 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: I've been very quiet recently but we have been still working on our music lessons! I decided to give E a complete break from the keyboard as I think it was sensory overload for her and too overwhelming. But we have played all the scales from Do to Do up till Fa to Fa ( and she keeps asking for Sol to Sol - must get round to making that next!!). We also play HCB and JB on PowerPoint. She likes to play Do to Do and back down on the toy piano (I have sellotaped on the solfege symbols) and she like to play freestyle on the keyboard which she does very gently and using a finger to try out different notes.

I was thinking this would be the full update but today E woke 15 mins early from her nap before I had a chance to do any piano practice myself. She was still tired so I gave her milk and let her stay in bed while I played quietly but she could hear me. Then I was playing fruit lines and she asked to cone sit on my lap to watch. Then she asked to play Guess key! I was really surprised but happy to try. Then I got a phone call for 2 minutes and normally she loses interest but she just kept shouting while I was on rpthe phone that she wanted to play( was not sure whether to be happy or annoyed by this :lol: )

Anyway we played with her getting a rubber ball to put into a bowl for every one correct note. I tried to stop at one min but she absoluteky refused! She carried on playing for over 3 mins! I was able to ask for 3 correct notes before giving each ball by the end.

I have no idea if we will be able to repeat this but it is heartening as that was bynfar the best effort ever with that game :)

your story gave me goose bumps. well, this is skill for life. once you learnt how to ryde a byke - it stays with you

i know for sure - it is going to be just more and more improvement. been there, done that :)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds