fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2-year old E - SM and an active toddler!

More
27 Jan 2012 04:43 #1420 by NadiaD
My DD removed the tiny stickers that I placed for her to have a little visual help, while playing chords... I let her practice without them, she was getting lost in keys, getting frustrated, and as a result did not wanted to continue the practice. I placed the stickers back, and right away she became more confident and happy while playing. The wil be time when all the stickers will be removed, but at the moment all I want for my DD is to have positive experience while learning the piano.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2012 02:19 #1454 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: My DD removed the tiny stickers that I placed for her to have a little visual help, while playing chords... I let her practice without them, she was getting lost in keys, getting frustrated, and as a result did not wanted to continue the practice. I placed the stickers back, and right away she became more confident and happy while playing. The wil be time when all the stickers will be removed, but at the moment all I want for my DD is to have positive experience while learning the piano.

I love Soft Mozart not just because I created it, but also because I LOVE to see kids trying to challenge themselves. It is so cute, but at the same time promising. You have to dare to get any goal!

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Jan 2012 20:59 #1525 by lzp11

hellene wrote:

lzp11 wrote:
Is it ok to use two hands for chords (2 index fingers) to start with?

It is not just OK, it is very good. The motto of Soft Mozart is GRADUAL and naturl learning.

For instance, your power point files added to it big time and made it possible to teach even 17 months babies!

We know, what our goal is, right? So, building small steps to the goal is a very smart thing to do...

I also want you to take it easy, if your kid is not meeting 'requirements'. There are no requirements indeed - just one: we have to create the surrounding for our kids, where music making and music is 'cool and appreciated'. The rest will be taken care off, because the program works even between the sessions :)

Thank you Hellene - your words are very helpful and a good reminder. Building small steps is exactly what we need to do, and I think holding back on my own enthusiasm is important so I can focus on child-led learning at her pace rather than mine.

The additional stickers have already been picked off and are on the floor!

I've been thinking a lot over the past few weeks. We have really only had a few times where E would agree rather reluctantly to play gentle piano or guess key and she rapidly loses interest so it does not become a very positive experience. I'm not sure she is ready for the multi-sensory experience of playing these games - they seem to overwhelm her. She likes things that she can do quite easily or else she gets really stressed and frustrated so quickly.

I am considering stopping offering to play any of these games for a month or two. I would really appreciate Hellene's and other people's opinions on this. I don't want piano to become associated with something negative. I certainly will not give up forever and we can carry on watching the powerpoints, playing with the solfege cards / people etc. I'll also let E play herself on the keyboard, with the stickers on, as she likes doing this (and usually plays a scale from do to do and back again using one finger).

More
30 Jan 2012 22:13 #1529 by hellene

lzp11 wrote:

hellene wrote:

lzp11 wrote:
Is it ok to use two hands for chords (2 index fingers) to start with?

It is not just OK, it is very good. The motto of Soft Mozart is GRADUAL and naturl learning.

For instance, your power point files added to it big time and made it possible to teach even 17 months babies!

We know, what our goal is, right? So, building small steps to the goal is a very smart thing to do...

I also want you to take it easy, if your kid is not meeting 'requirements'. There are no requirements indeed - just one: we have to create the surrounding for our kids, where music making and music is 'cool and appreciated'. The rest will be taken care off, because the program works even between the sessions :)

Thank you Hellene - your words are very helpful and a good reminder. Building small steps is exactly what we need to do, and I think holding back on my own enthusiasm is important so I can focus on child-led learning at her pace rather than mine.

The additional stickers have already been picked off and are on the floor!

I've been thinking a lot over the past few weeks. We have really only had a few times where E would agree rather reluctantly to play gentle piano or guess key and she rapidly loses interest so it does not become a very positive experience. I'm not sure she is ready for the multi-sensory experience of playing these games - they seem to overwhelm her. She likes things that she can do quite easily or else she gets really stressed and frustrated so quickly.

I am considering stopping offering to play any of these games for a month or two. I would really appreciate Hellene's and other people's opinions on this. I don't want piano to become associated with something negative. I certainly will not give up forever and we can carry on watching the powerpoints, playing with the solfege cards / people etc. I'll also let E play herself on the keyboard, with the stickers on, as she likes doing this (and usually plays a scale from do to do and back again using one finger).

If you would not have this program and won't make such great progress with it, I would take another, a little more aggressive rout to create more excitement about music learning. But you are in perfect position: just keep learning your songs, share your enthusiasm. Cards, LR files - all of this is wonderful. Mind of a child is a 'fruit'. You can't say the fruit, when to be riped. We only have to passionately wait...

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: lzp11

More
01 Feb 2012 14:00 - 01 Feb 2012 14:02 #1640 by lzp11

hellene wrote:

lzp11 wrote:
If you would not have this program and won't make such great progress with it, I would take another, a little more aggressive rout to create more excitement about music learning. But you are in perfect position: just keep learning your songs, share your enthusiasm. Cards, LR files - all of this is wonderful. Mind of a child is a 'fruit'. You can't say the fruit, when to be riped. We only have to passionately wait...

You are right Hellene and I feel better about relaxing and trying again with the computer and keyboard later and in a gentle way once she's more ready (it is called Gentle Piano!!)

Today we watched the Mi to Mi powerpoint and played with the Solfege children. E was able to lay out Re to Re and got nearly all of the order correct with only a few prompts. She had lots of fun playing "who is hiding in the bed". She had to run across a small obstacle course of cushions while I hid one of the children so we burned off energy and learned music at the same time :lol:

Seeing her having so much fun playing and learning music at the same time made me feel so happy it almost brought a tear to my eye!

I think following her lead and enthusiasm is the answer.

I also have an idea for another way to build on our existing learning in the meantime - will keep you posted.... ;)

Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 14:02 by lzp11.

More
01 Feb 2012 16:41 #1645 by hellene

lzp11 wrote:

hellene wrote:

lzp11 wrote:

You are right Hellene and I feel better about relaxing and trying again with the computer and keyboard later and in a gentle way once she's more ready (it is called Gentle Piano!!)

Today we watched the Mi to Mi powerpoint and played with the Solfege children. E was able to lay out Re to Re and got nearly all of the order correct with only a few prompts. She had lots of fun playing "who is hiding in the bed". She had to run across a small obstacle course of cushions while I hid one of the children so we burned off energy and learned music at the same time :lol:

Seeing her having so much fun playing and learning music at the same time made me feel so happy it almost brought a tear to my eye!

I think following her lead and enthusiasm is the answer.

I also have an idea for another way to build on our existing learning in the meantime - will keep you posted.... ;)

LZP11, tear to my eyes... that is exactly what I feel watching toddlers doing something comprehensive, especially music!

I can't wait to hear your idea. I am receiving many calls and letters from the parents of young children and now feeling confident to send them here, on this forum, because I know: your ideas ARE really helpful.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds