fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2-year old E - SM and an active toddler!

More
14 Jan 2012 11:11 #1156 by NadiaD
I want to thank you, Lee for sharing your daughter's learning experience! Our daughters are in the same age group, so all of these info is very helpful!

Hellene and Manda thank you for all of the suggestions on activities with the cards. We are slowly working on learning to place them in order, so all your advice is very helpful!

I reread this topic today once again still finding new info and idea!

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2012 21:29 - 20 Jan 2012 21:33 #1317 by lzp11
A quick update on our progess!

We are continuing to make music lessons a part of our daily life. It is mostly in small ways - very short games or activities and sometimes we even get to play the piano :lol:

We are watching Do to Do and Re to Re powerpoint slides (DD always likes to see both) and next week will move on to Mi to Mi. Sometimes she will sing along which is lovely to see.

We are really enjoying using the Solfege children. Firstly we lay them out in order (currently still working on Do to Do to build confidence). She does know the order althoug needs prompts to help put them out correctly. Then we play, "Who is hiding under the bed?"

Hiding in the bed is one of E's favourite games anyway so I printed out a bed from Sparklebox (here is the link: www.sparklebox.co.uk/2111-2115/sb2115.html#.TxnkwIGLKdk )

This seems to work much better than flipping the card, which she is less interested in. I get her to run to the other room (get some exercise and use some energy!!) while I put the bed over one child and she works out which it is. This is so much fun I might try to post a video :)

We are still playing either JB (first section) or HCB Right hand only. We still have very mixed results but there are days that she does ask to play spider game or one of the songs. HCB last play was R1 11/15 and JB was 13/22 t129 (best score for JB has been 16/22). Mostly the 'mistakes' are due to loss of concentration and playing other notes for fun! We are keeping it low key and low pressure. I am happy with just one song or guess key game per day right now.

In guess key, we had one day where she scored 17 in about 20 seconds! I was quite amazed! But then yesterday it was 5 and not concentrating so we stopped.

I am trying out a Star Chart to help motivate - she can choose her star and we write the score (unfortunately she loves the number 8 so much that whenever we get to this score she wants to stop so that she can score 8 every time :lol: :lol: :lol: ) The brown circles are small rewards that she can get after 3 tries at each activity (the hard currency in our house at the moment is one chocolate button - please don't judge us!)

Last edit: 20 Jan 2012 21:33 by lzp11.

More
21 Jan 2012 04:11 #1320 by Mandabplus3
Hey that type of currency would work for me too ;)
Love the bed :) my kids didn't respond well to turning the cards over either, that's why I printed the blank present card. But I am sure Jaykob would love the bed! Or maybe a " who's in the racing car?" version!
We also are finding that a few out side of the piano activities keep the motivation up. Kids need the fun at maximum throttle if they are expected to repeatedly try something that's challenging for them. We get to the piano every day ( almost) but the activity we do varies. Sometimes gentle piano, sometimes hot cross buns, sometimes finger play. Always small time chunks.
We have a reward chart ready to go for Monday, planning to get super organized since school goes back in two more sleeps! I know it works well for the girls but I have never tried a reward chart for Jaykob, he is a good boy who mostly does what he is told....nothing like his sisters!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
21 Jan 2012 19:02 #1323 by lzp11

Mandabplus3 wrote: Hey that type of currency would work for me too ;)
Love the bed :) my kids didn't respond well to turning the cards over either, that's why I printed the blank present card. But I am sure Jaykob would love the bed! Or maybe a " who's in the racing car?" version!

Yes a car version also sounds good!

Mandabplus3 wrote: We have a reward chart ready to go for Monday, planning to get super organized since school goes back in two more sleeps! I know it works well for the girls but I have never tried a reward chart for Jaykob, he is a good boy who mostly does what he is told....nothing like his sisters!

Good luck with the routine - have been meaning to start a thread about this to see how everyone else copes with all the different challenges in their life and still keeps up the piano practice!

I have a 6 month old boy who is the most mellow child ever - I will be very surprised if he does not turn out to be completely different to his big sis and also do what he is told most of the time! Do you think it's a girl / boy thing?! :lol:

More
23 Jan 2012 10:09 #1329 by Mandabplus3
I hate to admit it but it is a boy girl thing. I have seem far too much evidence to think otherwise. There are decimate differences. The most noticeable is that boys will wait longer than girls before they crack it and girls are more advanced in fine motor and hand eye coordination than boys age for age. Had I known all this I would have had three boys and done more play dough, threading and drawing :silly: :silly: :lol:

More
23 Jan 2012 15:56 #1335 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: A quick update on our progess!

We are continuing to make music lessons a part of our daily life. It is mostly in small ways - very short games or activities and sometimes we even get to play the piano :lol:

This is the only way to start teaching any toddlers - change the activities and sometimes to play the piano :)

We are watching Do to Do and Re to Re powerpoint slides (DD always likes to see both) and next week will move on to Mi to Mi. Sometimes she will sing along which is lovely to see.

Wow! It is EXCELLENET!

We are really enjoying using the Solfege children. Firstly we lay them out in order (currently still working on Do to Do to build confidence). She does know the order althoug needs prompts to help put them out correctly. Then we play, "Who is hiding under the bed?"

Hiding in the bed is one of E's favourite games anyway so I printed out a bed from Sparklebox (here is the link: www.sparklebox.co.uk/2111-2115/sb2115.html#.TxnkwIGLKdk )

Thank you! It is very creative!

This seems to work much better than flipping the card, which she is less interested in. I get her to run to the other room (get some exercise and use some energy!!) while I put the bed over one child and she works out which it is. This is so much fun I might try to post a video :)

My students loved peek a boo game with flipping cards also. But the didn't have under the bed game, though!

We are still playing either JB (first section) or HCB Right hand only. We still have very mixed results but there are days that she does ask to play spider game or one of the songs. HCB last play was R1 11/15 and JB was 13/22 t129 (best score for JB has been 16/22). Mostly the 'mistakes' are due to loss of concentration and playing other notes for fun! We are keeping it low key and low pressure. I am happy with just one song or guess key game per day right now.

Take your time. It is no rush! She'll get it soon.

In guess key, we had one day where she scored 17 in about 20 seconds! I was quite amazed! But then yesterday it was 5 and not concentrating so we stopped.

Yes, kids' development is not a straight line. She showed what she is capable of, and back 'to the normal again' :P

I am trying out a Star Chart to help motivate - she can choose her star and we write the score (unfortunately she loves the number 8 so much that whenever we get to this score she wants to stop so that she can score 8 every time :lol: :lol: :lol: )

She is such a character!

The brown circles are small rewards that she can get after 3 tries at each activity (the hard currency in our house at the moment is one chocolate button - please don't judge us!)

We don't! Just remember: dentists are not cheap :lol:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds