fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 second month with soft mozart

More
29 Jan 2012 08:21 #1485 by Mandabplus3
Off to a great start! Jaykob hit a record today he played a song 4 times in a row! It cost me three chocolate drops :) but he would have done it for less! Love the chocolate currency! It's temporary, I haavnt got the reward chart up..tomorrow!
We started ode to joy, because that's what his sitter left the piano on and ready at :) I played it through (s) so he could hear it and then asked him to concentrate and have a go. He was being silly and I told him I wasn't in the mood for silly and he would have to go. He knuckled down and got through it 13/30 plus t 67. Then again 17/30 plus t61. Then again (:) ) 24/30 and plus t 48 and finally 20/30 plus t42. I was super huggy with him for giving it a red hot go and beating his time each time he tried. I hope his efforts continue.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2012 21:06 #1527 by lzp11
I'm loving the fact that other people are using chocolate currency :lol:
Well done Jaykob - 4 times in a row is amazing concentration for an active boy. After only a month that is fantastic. And what an improvement in his scores after playing it each time. :) Just shows how powerful this software is for teaching!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
30 Jan 2012 23:47 #1534 by Mandabplus3
It felt really good to walk away from the piano knowing we achieved something great! Plus he did it again and it only cost me two chocolates next time lol this week he is trying for Lego! Not sure it will work..don't know if he has to long term view sorted yet... He has a reward chart to fill with stickers for the Lego.

More
31 Jan 2012 10:13 #1570 by lzp11
I think with young children it's about using whatever works to build a routine and then you can change the rewards or make it harder to get them etc! Keep going you are doing great!

More
31 Jan 2012 17:53 #1592 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Off to a great start! Jaykob hit a record today he played a song 4 times in a row! It cost me three chocolate drops :) but he would have done it for less! Love the chocolate currency! It's temporary, I haavnt got the reward chart up..tomorrow!
We started ode to joy, because that's what his sitter left the piano on and ready at :) I played it through (s) so he could hear it and then asked him to concentrate and have a go. He was being silly and I told him I wasn't in the mood for silly and he would have to go. He knuckled down and got through it 13/30 plus t 67. Then again 17/30 plus t61. Then again (:) ) 24/30 and plus t 48 and finally 20/30 plus t42. I was super huggy with him for giving it a red hot go and beating his time each time he tried. I hope his efforts continue.....

I don't have any doubt! Feeling of accomplishment sweeter then any chocolates. All learners love to learn something, when they CAN.

Back to the Mozart

More
31 Jan 2012 17:55 #1593 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: I think with young children it's about using whatever works to build a routine and then you can change the rewards or make it harder to get them etc! Keep going you are doing great!

Routine is very important - you are absolutely right!
If to add to it the way, when they feel themselves special by winning and growing, they will keep routine alive. ;)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds