fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 second month with soft mozart

More
21 Feb 2012 10:17 #2090 by Mandabplus3
Jaykob got quite sick and seems to have taken a while to get back his zing, he hasnt played piano for days but was keen to play with the solfege presents/flashcards. He can easily put them in order going up from do re and me. He isnt as confident going down yet (or has he forgotten?)
His last attempt at piano with NO help from anyone got him 24/30 and plus 51 on Ode to Joy.
Its interesting to note that although he hasnt learnt much on piano this last week he has learnt many many letter names and letter sounds, and shown me he knows a few new words too. He also has consolidated his knowlege of the numerals and tells me everytime he sees one. He even told me how much a toy car would be and asked if that was "too spensive mummy". Perhaps his brain is busy doing this learning at the moment.
Anyway today he seemed back to his old self again, :woohoo: so although tomorow is a very busy day we will try to squeeze in some piano time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2012 23:46 #2106 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Jaykob got quite sick and seems to have taken a while to get back his zing, he hasnt played piano for days but was keen to play with the solfege presents/flashcards. He can easily put them in order going up from do re and me. He isnt as confident going down yet (or has he forgotten?)

Let us know, how long it will take him to back to the track again.

His last attempt at piano with NO help from anyone got him 24/30 and plus 51 on Ode to Joy.

Score is improving! It is great! And the most importantly - he is doing it all by himself!

Its interesting to note that although he hasnt learnt much on piano this last week he has learnt many many letter names and letter sounds, and shown me he knows a few new words too. He also has consolidated his knowlege of the numerals and tells me everytime he sees one. He even told me how much a toy car would be and asked if that was "too spensive mummy". Perhaps his brain is busy doing this learning at the moment.

I remember: when I was reading Mozart's biography, there was the time, when he was very facinated with numbers, too!

Anyway today he seemed back to his old self again, :woohoo: so although tomorow is a very busy day we will try to squeeze in some piano time.

Great! I think, the day, when I will hear him playing the 'Ode to Joy' will be a song to my ear! :)

Back to the Mozart

More
23 Feb 2012 12:09 #2150 by Mandabplus3
According to the dates in his notebook we lost well over a week with him being sick..I didn't realize it was that long.
Well today he played many times and had a good solid block of playing too. He played more than one song in a sitting today, he hasn't done that before. When I watched him play today I noticed he seemed much more confident in himself at the piano. It seems he may lack progress, but is gaining something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
27 Feb 2012 02:01 #2196 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: According to the dates in his notebook we lost well over a week with him being sick..I didn't realize it was that long.
Well today he played many times and had a good solid block of playing too. He played more than one song in a sitting today, he hasn't done that before. When I watched him play today I noticed he seemed much more confident in himself at the piano. It seems he may lack progress, but is gaining something.

More focused?
It is going to just improve!
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Back to the Mozart

More
29 Feb 2012 22:00 #2256 by Mandabplus3
Oh yes he is definitely more focused, and much less silly now too. We still get lessons that are a complete waste of time ( imagine having to pay for those lessons when he just will not do what he supposed to do!) but mostly we have productive piano time now. Woohoo!
He has grown up alot in the last month, I would say it's due to his extra education lately ( piano, gymnastics and phonics mostly). He is a delight. He can be fun and silly and still find some focus and seriousness too.
His progress is slower but it is progress. He presses keys with more confidence, he sits at the piano like he belongs there and if he makes a mistake he can correct it independently.
He still isn't keen to play both hands together. Sigh.

More
02 Mar 2012 02:25 #2297 by Mandabplus3
Oh wow Time flies
According to the dates it is time for our 2nd monthly wrapup!
Already!
so
Achievements
new song Ode to Joy, he made good solid progress with minor improvements in scores each time up until he got sick.
He happily played both hands seperately...still not so keen on both together.
He played note alphabet multiple times in 2 and 3 minute stints.
He tried fruit lines (it was too stressful for him)
He halved the time he takes to play hot cross buns! (OK this wrap up is useful, I didnt realise that til just now :oops: )
He has developed an confidence sitting at the piano and in using the program independantly. (this is the biggest achievement I think :) )
His playing time has increased for each lesson.
He mucks around ALOT less!

Challenges
Being sick lost us a lot of days :(
Still not keen to play both hands together, but will sometimes.
Its been a busy month, back to school so finding the time has been our biggest challenge. Plus ballancing piano with the other learning activites he is doing.

Goals
Last month we set goals for "playing two songs with two hands together" well I think we will carry that one over to the next month :whistle:
"one song from memory" I think he probably knows hot cross buns from memory but only the right hand
"hannon" Yep we did it with him a few times and he was happy to, the problem I find is that he considers it part of his lesson and so it takes time away from his focused piano playing...which is more important the Hanon or the songs? for us the songs at the moment.
"fill up the reward chart" This goal was a total success he has filled three charts and played piano almost daily to get his stickers (and lego) even if its a short lesson it counts for a sticker :cheer:
New Goals
Hot Cross Buns 2 hands!
Ode to Joy further practice
more piano games practice
review note order in reverse
load more videos for others to see.

I was quite surprised to look over this month. It seemed like we had achived very very little...but I can see by looking at his note book just how much he has improved..alot of it isnt tangible...but the scores are a great indication of rising confidence. Another successful month.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds