fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 second month with soft mozart

More
02 Mar 2012 23:00 #2326 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh wow Time flies
According to the dates it is time for our 2nd monthly wrapup!
Already!
so
Achievements
new song Ode to Joy, he made good solid progress with minor improvements in scores each time up until he got sick.
He happily played both hands seperately...still not so keen on both together.

He'll get there!

He played note alphabet multiple times in 2 and 3 minute stints.

Great!

He tried fruit lines (it was too stressful for him)

Next semester he will handle this game.

He halved the time he takes to play hot cross buns! (OK this wrap up is useful, I didnt realise that til just now :oops: )

GREAT!!!!

He has developed an confidence sitting at the piano and in using the program independantly. (this is the biggest achievement I think :) )

I think so, too. Songs coming and going - and the experience and enjoyment - and life lasting skills are the most important 'products'.

His playing time has increased for each lesson.
He mucks around ALOT less!

:woohoo:

Challenges
Being sick lost us a lot of days :(
Still not keen to play both hands together, but will sometimes.
Its been a busy month, back to school so finding the time has been our biggest challenge. Plus ballancing piano with the other learning activites he is doing.

For him piano is a foundation for all his learning activity now: he learns concentration, ability to focus, develops fine motor skills to say the least... Way to go, Jacob!

Goals
Last month we set goals for "playing two songs with two hands together" well I think we will carry that one over to the next month :whistle:
"one song from memory" I think he probably knows hot cross buns from memory but only the right hand
"hannon" Yep we did it with him a few times and he was happy to, the problem I find is that he considers it part of his lesson and so it takes time away from his focused piano playing...which is more important the Hanon or the songs? for us the songs at the moment.

Agree, but don't abandon Hannon completely!

"fill up the reward chart" This goal was a total success he has filled three charts and played piano almost daily to get his stickers (and lego) even if its a short lesson it counts for a sticker :cheer:
New Goals
Hot Cross Buns 2 hands!
Ode to Joy further practice
more piano games practice
review note order in reverse
load more videos for others to see.

The last one I LOVE the most. It is always treat for me!

I was quite surprised to look over this month. It seemed like we had achived very very little...but I can see by looking at his note book just how much he has improved..alot of it isnt tangible...but the scores are a great indication of rising confidence. Another successful month.

Yes, this is what I think is so important - to be able to measure the success in precise numbers! You compete with self and don't have to be intimidated by anyone.

I am so glad that you wrote it!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds