fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 second month with soft mozart

More
31 Jan 2012 18:55 - 31 Jan 2012 21:49 #1603 by NadiaD
Awesome, Manda!

From this point, stay on top of the practice with Jacob!
He will get used to the routine and you will not need any chocolate buttons anymore! But if you will stumble and break the routine for 2-3 days, you will need to start all other again to build up his ability to concentrate and willingness to practice on the piano playing! That what is happening to us at the moment ...
Last edit: 31 Jan 2012 21:49 by NadiaD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2012 21:21 #1610 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Awesome, Manda!

From this point, stay on top of the practice with Jacob!
He will get used to the routine and you will not need any chocolate buttons anymore! But if you will stumble and break the routine for 2-3 days, you will need to start all other again to build up his ability to concentrate and willingness to practice on the piano playing! That what is happening to us at the moment :-$

Nadia, your DD will come to the routine very soon. Just keep reminding her about different games.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
01 Feb 2012 00:46 #1615 by Mandabplus3
Yes Nadia I hear you! Already his expectations of his piano lessons have changed. Now he expects to do the songs more than once or twice. It's great! Today he played hot cross buns through 5 times in one sitting. Actually I think we will go back to Ode To Joy. He is doing much better with it and I think he is actually bored by the slow pace of hot cross buns, he tries to play some bits faster and keeps getting held up by the computer. I know timing is important but right now we are focussing on getting the right notes, in the right order. I will experiment and see what works. Oh and today it cost me only one chocolate button ;)
( each :woohoo: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
01 Feb 2012 17:31 #1652 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Yes Nadia I hear you! Already his expectations of his piano lessons have changed. Now he expects to do the songs more than once or twice. It's great! Today he played hot cross buns through 5 times in one sitting.

Was he tight to the piano physically :ohmy: ?

Actually I think we will go back to Ode To Joy. He is doing much better with it and I think he is actually bored by the slow pace of hot cross buns, he tries to play some bits faster and keeps getting held up by the computer.

Yeah, the program is very precise... you have to hold your horses sometimes! ;)

I know timing is important but right now we are focussing on getting the right notes, in the right order.

This is very essential goal!

I will experiment and see what works. Oh and today it cost me only one chocolate button ;)
( each :woohoo: )

You are getting cheaper... :lol:

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Feb 2012 04:34 #1707 by NadiaD
So excited that Jacob is picking up the pace!

But do be careful not to overdo it.
G. Doman : "Always stop before a child wants to stop" :P

Manda, your kids are great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
04 Feb 2012 06:20 #1710 by Mandabplus3
Aww thanks Nadia I think they are pretty great too!
Hmm Doman has a point but if I stopped everytime my middle child tiana wanted to we would never do anything! She is a bit of a pessimist, it so hard teaching a pessimist if you always do it on their terms :S
I do try to listen to my kids lead, I always make it fun. I don't always stop when they want to but I don't push either, it's a very fine line. My kids are a little older and a bit of a push doesn't hurt them.
We always leave the lessons happy and loving each other. That's one of the great things about soft Mozart it is easy to have fun learning and practicing is fun! Unlike a beginner piano book practice session.... :(
Today he played ode to joy three times ( well 5 but two were too silly to count) right hand 22/30 plus t55 and 20/30 plus t65 and left hand 14/18 plus t20. I took some video but it's a lot of crap with a bit of music making so I need to sort it out :blink:

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds