fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 second month with soft mozart

More
04 Feb 2012 07:40 - 04 Feb 2012 10:45 #1711 by Mandabplus3

The way I see it now is, if he still this much of a goof when he really can play awesome piano then I will pay to go see him play :) I tell him he isnt aloud to be silly while I video him but I think I may be wasting my breath :lol:
Last edit: 04 Feb 2012 10:45 by Mandabplus3. Reason: video links
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2012 07:49 - 04 Feb 2012 10:46 #1712 by Mandabplus3
Grrrr I might get around to fixing the visual video later..
All pretty now :) havnt sussed that one out on the Ipad yet :ohmy:
Last edit: 04 Feb 2012 10:46 by Mandabplus3. Reason: irelevant

More
04 Feb 2012 15:14 #1719 by NadiaD
Wow!

Great Job, Jacob!

You clearly can tell that he is all into it!
We loved the videos! Thank you for sharing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
07 Feb 2012 00:27 #1769 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote:

The way I see it now is, if he still this much of a goof when he really can play awesome piano then I will pay to go see him play :) I tell him he isnt aloud to be silly while I video him but I think I may be wasting my breath :lol:

Manda, thank you very much for these videos of Jacob.
As a teacher I can say: he placed all the responsibility of the results on your and his sister's shoulders! :lol:

Here how you can do something for him to be more responsible:

1. Cut small piece of the song (for instance 2 bars or 4)
2. Give him assignment to make perfect score by playing each hands and then both.
3. Leave him alone
4. Ask him to come to you, when the numbers will match perfect score
5. Reward him with praises.

I see him playing around feeling that he is 'youngest in the family', his sisters are 'teaching' him about patterns. Very cute, BTW, but for him is like pushing around... He has his man's pride, you know? :lol:

But he has to get this feeling: I CAN! ALL by myself!

Please, let me know how it works!

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Feb 2012 03:52 #1847 by Mandabplus3
I read your reply Helene and decided to think and watch before replying. So I discovered that when his sisters are home you are absolutely right, we all give him the answers! Oh nooooooo! We treat him like a 3 year old. ( he is 4) However I realized I don't do that when the girls are at school, I treat him more like an 6 year old ( much closer to his mental age). I figured out why too, its his emotions. He is very heart on your sleeve, open book emotionally. The girls stir up his feelings, when it's just the two of us he can be the big responsible boy. So now I know that I will make sure we do all his lessons while the girls are at school or outside! I have some footage of him playing without help I will try to load it later, he is slower but he is doing it all himself.
As to leaving the room, well I have no chance, he will follow me out or sit and wait until I return. He likes the company...it's a big house.
I am in two minds about cutting the song, the problem is he has this mental idea that he can play a song a certain number of times and then end of lesson. If I cut the song he is actually playing less. Is it better to play less if he might learn to play it better.... I might cut the song and tell him I did it then get him to play both hands...something he is still NOT happy to do. If it's just a couple of bars maybe I can convince him.

He filled his reward chart and got his Lego. He was super excited on the last day of the reward chart ( and a little upset on the second last day lol) and got it all done very early in the day. We will definately do it again, this week he wants macdonalds chips as his reward, cheaper than Lego but well...mums understand. Today he is very sick so no piano for him , we did do the solfege files in LR though ;) I will try to sneak out from under him for a play myself if he stays asleep longer than 5 minutes!

More
11 Feb 2012 01:17 #1871 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: I read your reply Helene and decided to think and watch before replying. So I discovered that when his sisters are home you are absolutely right, we all give him the answers! Oh nooooooo! We treat him like a 3 year old. ( he is 4)
However I realized I don't do that when the girls are at school, I treat him more like an 6 year old ( much closer to his mental age).

I think, you treat him like someone absolutely unique and special. Above age. Like you are the same age. Heart to heart. Just have guts feeling you do!

I figured out why too, its his emotions. He is very heart on your sleeve, open book emotionally. The girls stir up his feelings, when it's just the two of us he can be the big responsible boy. So now I know that I will make sure we do all his lessons while the girls are at school or outside!

It is not such a bad idea! :)

I have some footage of him playing without help I will try to load it later, he is slower but he is doing it all himself.

Tell him that I can't wait to see that!

As to leaving the room, well I have no chance, he will follow me out or sit and wait until I return. He likes the company...it's a big house.
I am in two minds about cutting the song, the problem is he has this mental idea that he can play a song a certain number of times and then end of lesson. If I cut the song he is actually playing less. Is it better to play less if he might learn to play it better.... I might cut the song and tell him I did it then get him to play both hands...something he is still NOT happy to do. If it's just a couple of bars maybe I can convince him.

It seems to me that smaller pieces will be digested better :P

He filled his reward chart and got his Lego. He was super excited on the last day of the reward chart ( and a little upset on the second last day lol) and got it all done very early in the day. We will definately do it again, this week he wants macdonalds chips as his reward, cheaper than Lego but well...mums understand. Today he is very sick so no piano for him , we did do the solfege files in LR though ;) I will try to sneak out from under him for a play myself if he stays asleep longer than 5 minutes!

Get well, Jaykob!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds