fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Maria, age 4, Prep level C

More
05 Feb 2015 05:34 #17944 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Maria, age 4, Prep level C
Maria, You are awesome! This is not an easy song for t beginner.
Tomorrow I will try to answer all of your questions about the hands and fingers!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: CVMomma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2015 20:46 #17964 by CVMomma
Replied by CVMomma on topic Maria, age 4, Prep level C
This video shows how her fingers are not long enough to reach to play some triads (I think that is what they are called), so she improvises and plays part of it with her other hand. That makes it hard because she is supposed to hold the note with her right hand while playing chords with her left hand. Any other suggestions would be welcome!!

What songs do you suggest that she practice for the next recital?

More
07 Feb 2015 00:06 #17966 by karlakhastings
I have taught many children over the years with tiny hands. Her hands really are too small to be playing B,F,G and C,F,A as block chords. Rather than having her play the chords with two hands and not really have a "feel" for the whole chord, I would suggest that you have her play songs that have the chords "broken" - that is, playing one note or two notes at a time rather than trying to play all three at once.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with all the songs in the Soft Mozart curriculum yet. The songs I have written or arranged are under "Anybody Can Play". Most of my songs are written on different levels and most have broken rather than block chords. Do take a look at them if you would...and whatever songs you choose, whether from my series or another, do look for broken chords at this point. Another advantage for having her play songs with broken chords is that she will tend to play more evenly. At this point she is stopping to "find" and then struggle to play the block chords. If she were only playing one note at a time, she could play with a more even rhythm.

I have small hands so could not play large chords for many years. I played a LOT of Bach and other music that was not chordal. As a result I have extremely fast hands....and now my hands are big enough to play chords too! - just took awhile.

Your daughter is doing a wonderful job with her piano!...and you must be some coach!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, CVMomma

More
07 Feb 2015 18:32 - 07 Feb 2015 18:39 #17969 by hellene
Dear Maria!
Thank you very much for your wonderful videos!
You are having beautiful hands that can just learn new tricks and will be able to play this piano piece!

1. Trick # 1. Use thumb to press 2 keys! This way you will be able to spead your hand and reach TI by your pinkie:

2. Trick # 2. Play Fa and La with Thumb and Pointer. You will be able to grasp the entire chord like this:

Do you practice our 3 sisters exercise?

As for your graduation recital: I have to agree with Mrs Karla: let's pick a pieces from her songs library: ANYBODY CAN PLAY SOFT MOZART. Do you have it? If not, let me know!

I would also recommend you to look at Favorite Classic 1 and check Largo or Radetzky March.

In Nursery 1 you may consider 'Old Mac Donald', 'Old Woman in a Shoe'

Let me know, what did you choose!

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Feb 2015 18:39 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CVMomma

More
07 Feb 2015 20:53 #17975 by CVMomma
Replied by CVMomma on topic Maria, age 4, Prep level C
Thank you so much Hellene and Karla! She really enjoyed your tip, Hellene, about playing two notes with one finger! For some reason, she found that so funny! Lots of giggling!! :P :lol: But that will help!

She hasn't practiced the three sisters for a few weeks, but we will add that next week. She also tried holding the pencil like you showed another student. We will work also on pretending to hold an apple.

We do not have the folder Anybody Can Play Soft Mozart. She tried all 4 of the other songs and said yes too all of them!

More
09 Feb 2015 04:10 #17980 by hellene
Thank you so much Hellene and Karla! She really enjoyed your tip, Hellene, about playing two notes with one finger! For some reason, she found that so funny! Lots of giggling!! But that will help!

Oh, as a child I LOVED the trick too! :P

She hasn't practiced the three sisters for a few weeks, but we will add that next week.

Yes, this is very important exercise and for music development - and for brain. To control 3 fingers at once is not easy, but with visual support of Soft Mozart it will be just a piece of cake! I know.

She also tried holding the pencil like you showed another student. We will work also on pretending to hold an apple.

Wonderful!

We do not have the folder Anybody Can Play Soft Mozart. She tried all 4 of the other songs and said yes too all of them!

Please, email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will send you the files of the song. Let us know in the email, if you have Windows or Mac system to be able to give you right suggestions.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds