fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Heidi 6yro Romania

More
11 Oct 2014 04:31 #16211 by adeline.hritcu
Replied by adeline.hritcu on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
Next we studied the Introductory Songs on level P5 in order to work on our reading skills and hopeing to be able to play any song using level 5 only.

Progress was really good with Heidi: do-sol is very good to great, la-do is good - she still mixes them up sometimes. Left hand is also good.

She did not remember the songs from last year (meaning we did not rehearse them enough after learning them at first :(), except for French Song and Hot Cross Buns.
Here is Heidi sight reading on P5:
The following user(s) said Thank You: алла

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2014 04:37 #16212 by adeline.hritcu
Another thing we worked on, especially now that she can read P5, was note duration and representation. We used teaching videos for all of them.
Ode to Joy:

Little fir tree:

Jingle Bells:

More
11 Oct 2014 04:43 #16213 by adeline.hritcu
During this time we also played Note duration game. Longest time was 29 mins reaching L21 and finishing the game (cand't remember score and couldn't find the piece of paper where I wrote it down) ;)

Next we started on Jesus Joy of Men's Desire.

Do you have any suggestions on other songs for the next month or for the recital?

More
11 Oct 2014 05:58 #16215 by adeline.hritcu
And a question I have: the teaching videos have a quite slow rithm compared to what Heidi would tend to sing it. Should I ask her to stick to that rithm even after learning the piece and fingering for it, or should I encourage her to play it she would sing it?

More
13 Oct 2014 14:30 - 13 Oct 2014 14:30 #16232 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
Hello, Adeline!
I enjoy watching all the Heidi's videos! A picture worth 1000 words indeed! ;)

Next we studied the Introductory Songs on level P5 in order to work on our reading skills and hopeing to be able to play any song using level 5 only.

Progress was really good with Heidi: do-sol is very good to great, la-do is good - she still mixes them up sometimes. Left hand is also good.

She did not remember the songs from last year (meaning we did not rehearse them enough after learning them at first ), except for French Song and Hot Cross Buns.
Here is Heidi sight reading on P5:

She is playing very well! Our goal is to teach her how to catch fish - not how hold on to want that been caught ;) You are on the right track by encouraging Heidi to read. Keep in mind, though that reading on 2 and 4 also very valuable. These modes teaching Heidi to count lines and spaces and see the bold visual connection between lines and spaces and piano keys.

We all have strong notion from our experience that black and white notes is our final destination. I agree! But sometimes (when Heidi will play more complicated songs - for example, with sharps or flats - 2 and 4 is something that we should consider.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 14:30 by hellene.

More
13 Oct 2014 14:35 #16233 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
Another thing we worked on, especially now that she can read P5, was note duration and representation. We used teaching videos for all of them.
Ode to Joy:

Very good! Heidi is following the beats (especially with teaching videos!) Ask her to keep her wrist a little higher, above the piano keys. I usually have a 'game' for my students: I tell them that the keys are a ship and below the ship is an ocean. They have to keep their hands closer to the black keys - otherwise they can fell off the ship.

I noticed stickers... :( Have to send you the set for Hannah. Heidi is ready to use guides, but Hannah needs them. They warned out. Please, send me the reminder on email.I can forget.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: adeline.hritcu

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds