fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Heidi 6yro Romania

More
13 Oct 2014 14:48 #16234 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
During this time we also played Note duration game. Longest time was 29 mins reaching L21 and finishing the game (cand't remember score and couldn't find the piece of paper where I wrote it down)

She finished the entire game? Heidi, I am very proud of you! Yes, it is easier to make a snap shot of the screen now days then to find pen and paper! ;)

Next we started on Jesus Joy of Men's Desire.

Difficult piece!

Do you have any suggestions on other songs for the next month or for the recital?

In the hall of the mountain king is good piece for development both hands coordination.

I also would recommend you to start shifting to the 'real' piano pieces. 'Real' - meaning not adaption based on any hand positions. Simona's repertoire is such collection. The pieces from Simona's Albums was created by different composers with children development in mind.

We still will practice Favorite classic for music appreciation - history purposes. But for recitals? Let's stick with good old piano school:

Choose a piece from Simona 2.

Also pick some Christmas carols or classic! The recital is going to be during the winter holidays!

Boogie 2: Turkey in the straw, Midnight blues, Rockin mac are going to be good for her further coordination development. Let me know, what was Heidi's choices!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2014 22:57 #16262 by adeline.hritcu
Replied by adeline.hritcu on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
Hellene,
you are right about using an easier level for the more difficult songs. Heidi used to do just that: switch to an easier level when the piece seemed to hard.
She hasn't done that lately, not even when learning Jesus Joy of Men's Desire.
Which by the way, we still work on because the right fingering is very hard to achieve....but the satisfaction will also be big once Heidi masters it :)

More
16 Oct 2014 23:01 - 16 Oct 2014 23:11 #16263 by adeline.hritcu
Thank you for the idea with the ship and the ocean. We will use that. I noticed her hands too and started reminding her to raise them a bit, but for sure the game will be a lot more fun.

Also thank you for the stickers. I will remind you of this when you send out the butterflies for the Christmas recital, so you don't sent a different letter just for the stickers.

Thank you for the suggestions of songs to follow. So many nice ones :) I too am curious which one will Heidi pick.

I told Heidi that you praised her for finishing the game, but I was not able to write the score in her diary because I lost the page :( She is now determined to do it again so I can take a picture :) She almost did it once, but when she got to level 17 she ran to the bathroom and forgot to press F1 :(.
What does the value on the bottom right of the staff mean? It keeps on going up and down.

Have a nice weekend (almost)!
Last edit: 16 Oct 2014 23:11 by adeline.hritcu.

More
30 Oct 2014 22:11 #16413 by adeline.hritcu
Hi,

Jesus Joy of Men's Desire was indeed a song on which Heidi worked hard on... until she discovered Happy Birthday that we received following the Summer Recital. As her grandfathers birthday was approaching she wished to play it for him at his birthday...it was a special one as he turned 60yo.

Unfortunately the JJMD was not finished properly and not polished. We managed to learn it from memory and play it together with and without teaching video and we corrected the left hand fingering, but we did not correct the right hand fingering.

This video is when she learned it from memory before using the teaching video:

This video is with the teaching video (but after a break of doing the Happy birthday song). Her play was a bit better before the happy birthday song, but because of a song switch Heidi somehow lets go of the caught fish very fast :). I liked this explanation you gave me... you are absolutely right that it is not important to keep the fish we caught but to learn to catch fish.

Happy birthday turned out to be a whole project.
Heidi wanted her dad to play with her so she even wrote the notes for him to play it on the violin

And the second part is the romanian birthday song that they also both learned :)

This is Heidi only playing:

This is the rehearsal for Grandas birthday with Hannah singing too.

So proud of her (and Hannah) as they performed in front of @70 people.

She was so caught by this event that she even made a B-day card with the Happy Birthday song using quilling.

[attachment:3]IMG_0656.JPG[/attachment]

As you suggested we pick something from Simona's Repertoire 2, Heidi picked the Mozart song from Magic Flute. I think she has a crush on Mozart :). Only later I noticed that there is no Teaching Video for it, so our version is not very polished unfortunately, but Heidi really liked it.

IMG_0657.JPG

This week we started working on Allegro (Gnesina). This time we picked a song by watching the teaching videos and not by listening to the songs in the album.

It is so easy with Heidi now, as she enjoys piano so much and she does not feel at all that she is studying, but more she uses it as breaks from other learning activities. When she wakes up, when I prepare a meal, when I am doing something with Hannah only, when she needs to take a break from something she runs to the piano. She can do pretty much all by herself. So proud of her.
Often friends when we talk on the phone ask me if I put her to that much piano practice, as they always hear her play when I talk on the phone... if I am busy doing something it means that she has a break...and she chooses to play the piano.
I am so grateful for SM as it makes it so easy and fun for any child to lean and become passionate about music.
1000 thank you's!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
31 Oct 2014 01:37 #16416 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
Hello, Adeline!
Such a joy to see you here! :) Children are flourishing and getting very beautiful and creative. I think the quality time with children like this, creating music together is not just joyful, but also very rewarding.

Jesus Joy of Men's Desire was indeed a song on which Heidi worked hard on... until she discovered Happy Birthday that we received following the Summer Recital. As her grandfathers birthday was approaching she wished to play it for him at his birthday...it was a special one as he turned 60yo.

Unfortunately the JJMD was not finished properly and not polished. We managed to learn it from memory and play it together with and without teaching video and we corrected the left hand fingering, but we did not correct the right hand fingering.

This video is when she learned it from memory before using the teaching video:

This is one of the most difficult pieces in the Album. I remember teaching it before Soft Mozart with sheet music and many beginners struggle with it. Heidi did a very good job learning the piece! I am sure she will come back to this music (not necessary to this arrangement) later in life, because it is unique and beautiful piece.

This video is with the teaching video (but after a break of doing the Happy birthday song). Her play was a bit better before the happy birthday song, but because of a song switch Heidi somehow lets go of the caught fish very fast . I liked this explanation you gave me... you are absolutely right that it is not important to keep the fish we caught but to learn to catch fish.

I am glad you remember that! ;)
This is exactly why we have Butterfly Ball every winter and ever child gets a butterfly per song: I want them to play more pieces without polishing them. Butterfly Ball is about quantity. Graduation is about quality. This way will be perfect on both sides. ;)
I didn't notice such a big difference in quality, though, because playing with the metronome is always a challenge.
Heidi again did an excellent job. Brava! Heidi, I am very proud of you.

Happy birthday turned out to be a whole project.
Heidi wanted her dad to play with her so she even wrote the notes for him to play it on the violin

I was learning from Russian School of music and in music schools we were forced to write musical dictations. Boy, oh boy how children hated it! I am so happy to see, how Heidi managed to write the melody with our music stenography. Was she writing while singing the melody at the same time?

And the second part is the romanian birthday song that they also both learned

This is Heidi only playing:
This is the rehearsal for Grandas birthday with Hannah singing too.
So proud of her (and Hannah) as they performed in front of @70 people.

She was so caught by this event that she even made a B-day card with the Happy Birthday song using quilling.

I LOVE video of the family performing together! My big hug for Hannah and all of your beautiful family from me!

Have to ask you couple of questions:

1. Can you, please, re-attach the card? I couldn't see it! It is very beautiful to see, how music literacy in development is leading to creativity!

2. Please, send me an email - reminder with your address in it to SEND NEW SET OF STICKERS TO YOU!

Back to the Mozart

More
31 Oct 2014 12:24 #16422 by the Moon
Replied by the Moon on topic Heidi 6yro Romania
Dear Adeline!
Heidi is wonderful! Well done!
She is completely involved in music!
The following user(s) said Thank You: adeline.hritcu

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds