fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Heidi, 5.2 yrs old (Romania)

More
31 Oct 2013 17:29 #12250 by adeline.hritcu
Wow!
We will start on Musette then...after we have a small family celebration for Heidi to reward her for her effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2013 17:36 #12251 by adeline.hritcu
Practicing the solfege for all cards:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, the Moon

More
25 Nov 2013 22:39 #12404 by adeline.hritcu
Hi,

As I already mentioned in Hannah's post, after Heidi started on Level 1 songs we thought of making a small recital for the grandparents + aunt to celebrate this and to also have the girls experience the feeling of the recital.
Heidi was very nervous and could not play. After Hannah played and a few fun moments with my sister trying to figure out a song Heidi offered to help her and show her :). She is a very sensitive being.

As you suggested we started on Musette and she was able to memorize it and play it using correct fingering.
Her good scores are around these values:
Musette P3 69-70/70 t8-10

The part that we worked on but could not master it was a couple of short notes 1/8 Mi-Fa; you can hear it in the video.
This is my feedback to her playing... but I am not very musical and I do not feel the rithm. :(

For about 10 days we started on Deck the Halls and Heidi scores around these times:
P3 104-108 of 108 t43-47

We exercise about 3-4 days a week 7-10 times the main song that she is learning and if she wants to play more she can pick any song (new or old) and then she takes 5-10 min of a game her choice.
Some of the longest times were with
note duration game:
t18:40, 475p, Level 12, 43 something? - btw what is this 43 value? and
t19:05, 729p, level15, 35 something.

She also composed a song using only black keys and that sounds similar to amazing grace. At first I thought my husband or our babysitter taught her. I did not believe her that she composed it until after I asked both my husband and the babysitter about it :)
I will post it as soon as I get a video of it.

All the best!

More
28 Nov 2013 07:13 #12442 by hellene

adeline.hritcu wrote: Hi,

As I already mentioned in Hannah's post, after Heidi started on Level 1 songs we thought of making a small recital for the grandparents + aunt to celebrate this and to also have the girls experience the feeling of the recital.

Wonderful idea!

Heidi was very nervous and could not play. After Hannah played and a few fun moments with my sister trying to figure out a song Heidi offered to help her and show her :). She is a very sensitive being.

In our community we do everything to keep children motivated to practice and perform. I think after watching kids from different countries playing the same or similar piano pieces, Heidy will get more excited to perform in front of other. It is very important for her abilities to be in the spot light, it builds her ability to concentrate, do not pay attention to any destruction, to develop great stamina and self-esteem. I am going to help with sending little beautiful trophies. This season it will be butterflies!

As you suggested we started on Musette and she was able to memorize it and play it using correct fingering.
Her good scores are around these values:
Musette P3 69-70/70 t8-10

I am very impressed with Heidy’s learning the piece so fast and so well! Have couple of suggestions, though:
1. Please, find a higher seat for her. Her elbows should be positioned above the piano keys.
2. Please use TEACHING VIDEOS softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos/...rite-classics-1.html to master the piece:
a. Listen to my playing with metronome
b. Play alone with my playing with metronome
c. Listen to my playing with no metronome
d. Play alone with my playing
It would help her to catch the right beat and will bring her performance to the polishing stage.

The part that we worked on but could not master it was a couple of short notes 1/8 Mi-Fa; you can hear it in the video.
This is my feedback to her playing... but I am not very musical and I do not feel the rithm. :(

Everything will be corrected with practice in front of videos. She will just fine!

For about 10 days we started on Deck the Halls and Heidi scores around these times:
P3 104-108 of 108 t43-47

Wow! Great score! It is time to start memorizing the piece. D you know, how to cut the sections?

We exercise about 3-4 days a week 7-10 times the main song that she is learning and if she wants to play more she can pick any song (new or old) and then she takes 5-10 min of a game her choice.

I like this routine!

Some of the longest times were with note duration game:
t18:40, 475p, Level 12, 43 something? - btw what is this 43 value? and
t19:05, 729p, level15, 35 something.

It shows seconds in delay. Do not pay attention to this. 

She also composed a song using only black keys and that sounds similar to amazing grace. At first I thought my husband or our babysitter taught her. I did not believe her that she composed it until after I asked both my husband and the babysitter about it :)
I will post it as soon as I get a video of it.

I can’t wait to hear her first composition! Looking forward to hear from you!

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Nov 2013 23:04 #12452 by adeline.hritcu
Hi,

as you suggested we do watch the learning videos and they were very helpful to see finger positioning, meaning that she understood that and learned that easily. We also tried to sing along with you playing to get the rithm feeling and we also talk about the notes duration in P5 mode as she is familiar with the note symbols from the note duration game (which she likes a lot). And also I point out to her the distance between the notes in P3 mode to help her. We play with and without metronome. It seems to be a long work in progress.
I will try to have her play at the same time with the video.

We also like to watch videos of other kids of similar age play. It is helpful to see others play.

Here is Heidi's own composition. Very interesting... I found it very hard to believe that she made it up, before I asked her dad and the babysitter if they did not play this for her. It is so similar to 'Amazing grace'

Another thing that Heidi wanted to show me and make a video was the hannon exercise played without looking:

And this is her playing Deck the Halls:

You said about cutting sections. I do not know how to use that. How long is a section?

Thanks and have a nice December 1st!
The following user(s) said Thank You: алла

More
07 Feb 2014 22:38 #13621 by adeline.hritcu
In december we learned deck the halls (almost from memory all) and jingle bells -not mastered that well because of our winter holiday when we were away from home for about 3 weeks.
Deck the halls is this:

In January when we got back we started on Ode to Joy which we now master quite well. Also Heidi can play it quite well with the metronome. No better video yet, just a picture of scores. The one from recital has improved a lot.

And still doing some exercices:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds