fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

We've just started.

More
31 Dec 2011 02:40 - 31 Dec 2011 15:12 #801 by Mrs.Post
We've just started. was created by Mrs.Post
We've just started using the software with the keyboard. Since we are using the program with 2 daycare children and one of my own, and it is holiday break, we won't start officially until Tuesday with all the children.

However, my 17 month old thinks it is wonderful. We've been working on the following:

1. Solfege with SM images using Little Reader/Powerpoint. He recognizes and can say all of them and he can use the hand signs.

2. Not banging on the keys.

3. Using our finger to depress one key at a time. Sometimes I'll ask him to find "Do" or "Mi" etc. Sometimes he will but mostly he just wants to press whatever key is in front of him.

Little Miss C. is our daycare child with Down Syndrome. Since we purchased the software she has learned the SM Solfege with hand signs. This week was not a normal week for her so we didn't get much time on the keyboard. We're working on matching the images. She is struggling with that right now. Her love of music keeps her from telling me "done" even though I know she is frustrated. We couldn't get the Fruit Lines School to work all week - see post under technical questions for more on that sorry affair.

Hellene if you have suggestions on what we should be doing with her right now, I'd take it. It seems that whatever we do with her, we need to take it much slower than we do with other children. She is very impatient with long stories. Shorter and more often is better.

Sonya
Last edit: 31 Dec 2011 15:12 by Mrs.Post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 17:16 #883 by ariel
Replied by ariel on topic We've just started.
Sonya, it is really commendable that you are using the program for your daycare and that too with DS child. How lucky she is to have you as her daycare provider. I think you will just have to be patient with her. As other kids try it and she sees that they don't get patient, I am sure she will also react the same. Guess the more she sees it, the more she'll improve. Good luck... karma to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
04 Jan 2012 17:49 #886 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic We've just started.
Sonya, I cannot believe I missed your post! I just noticed it… If this will happen again, please, send me a personal message (I ask everyone to do it)

Mrs.Post wrote: We've just started using the software with the keyboard. Since we are using the program with 2 daycare children and one of my own, and it is holiday break, we won't start officially until Tuesday with all the children.

However, my 17 month old thinks it is wonderful. We've been working on the following:

1. Solfege with SM images using Little Reader/Powerpoint. He recognizes and can say all of them and he can use the hand signs.

2. Not banging on the keys.

3. Using our finger to depress one key at a time. Sometimes I'll ask him to find "Do" or "Mi" etc. Sometimes he will but mostly he just wants to press whatever key is in front of him.

Great!

Little Miss C. is our daycare child with Down Syndrome. Since we purchased the software she has learned the SM Solfege with hand signs. This week was not a normal week for her so we didn't get much time on the keyboard. We're working on matching the images. She is struggling with that right now. Her love of music keeps her from telling me "done" even though I know she is frustrated. We couldn't get the Fruit Lines School to work all week - see post under technical questions for more on that sorry affair.
Hellene if you have suggestions on what we should be doing with her right now, I'd take it. It seems that whatever we do with her, we need to take it much slower than we do with other children. She is very impatient with long stories. Shorter and more often is better.

Yes, I agree with you! A little of activity with cards, couple of minutes with exercises, couple of minutes with a game, 4-5 minutes with Gentle piano and no comparison with any other kids. She has her rights to enjoy it and to be on her own pac

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Jan 2012 22:26 #892 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic We've just started.
My DD is also very Impatient! she does 1 min. Of Guess the Key game and I think I would say 30 sec is being optimal... You might want to try to have children taking the turns playing GK game, each of them playing a game for 30 sec or so...

With Gentle piano you might want to let her to press "S" on keyboard to hear the song played, and then cut a piece of the song and let her play with right hand, that was the easiest task for my DD.

Let her sing solfege, while watching LR files.

Keep us posted on how it goes for you guys.

Most of the activities on piano we do right in the morning after kids woke up. Like this during the day we just adding up to the list at every available opportunity!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
06 Jan 2012 00:56 #912 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic We've just started.
Thank you all for the encouragement. It seems that Little Miss C. and my 17 m/o are on about the same level, though Little Miss C is more kind to the keyboard.

We are using LR files and playing the notes from there. It helps both of them see the original note clearly and they can hunt on the keyboard to find it's match. I think part of C's problem is that she can't see the notes in Gentle Piano or the games very well. I think as we do more therapy (creeping and crawling and fine motor skills work) this will become less of an issue.

My 17 month old loves the keyboard and asks to hear "Do" at least 2x a day. He can now make all the signs to the music.

Our 4 y/o is progressing very fast on Gentle Piano. He played Jingle Bells with both left and right hand for the 3rd time yesterday. He didn't miss more than 7. I am startled. We are working on going slower and getting him to sing the notes as he plays them. He will practice on SM for an hour if I let him. I hope to get a video up soon.

We have been so busy and trying to fit piano and C's therapy into all their schedules is a chore. I am not the most organized person in the world. Organization is becoming mandatory if I want to accomplish everything I need to in a day.

I'm so glad all you BK mom's are here. I love reading the progress you are making and I get so many great ideas. I am continually astounded at how much these tots can learn with such little effort.

Thanks to all of you. Hellene, what a wonderful product. I read reviews that stated it was a good product but the support just wasn't there. What a bunch a bull-loney. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty supporting your customers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lzp11, NadiaD

More
06 Jan 2012 18:33 #935 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic We've just started.

Mrs.Post wrote: Thank you all for the encouragement. It seems that Little Miss C. and my 17 m/o are on about the same level, though Little Miss C is more kind to the keyboard.

We are using LR files and playing the notes from there. It helps both of them see the original note clearly and they can hunt on the keyboard to find it's match. I think part of C's problem is that she can't see the notes in Gentle Piano or the games very well. I think as we do more therapy (creeping and crawling and fine motor skills work) this will become less of an issue.

Do you think, it would help to have larger images of notes in future for such kids?

My 17 month old loves the keyboard and asks to hear "Do" at least 2x a day. He can now make all the signs to the music.

Wow! Is it possible to record that?

Our 4 y/o is progressing very fast on Gentle Piano. He played Jingle Bells with both left and right hand for the 3rd time yesterday. He didn't miss more than 7. I am startled. We are working on going slower and getting him to sing the notes as he plays them. He will practice on SM for an hour if I let him. I hope to get a video up soon.

Very outstanding!

We have been so busy and trying to fit piano and C's therapy into all their schedules is a chore. I am not the most organized person in the world. Organization is becoming mandatory if I want to accomplish everything I need to in a day.

You have a lot on your plate!

I'm so glad all you BK mom's are here. I love reading the progress you are making and I get so many great ideas. I am continually astounded at how much these tots can learn with such little effort.

For years I was dreaming to create community like this! It was hard for me, because I was not lucky to have good web programmers in our team. But now it is like my dream came true. I am so happy to have you all on board. This invention is great, but it is very hard to EXPLAIN it with the words to others. People have to try it themselves to understand better.

Thanks to all of you. Hellene, what a wonderful product. I read reviews that stated it was a good product but the support just wasn't there. What a bunch a bull-loney. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty supporting your customers.

The reason for that is … money. If money had been already invested in low effective products, the companies and individuals will do everything to block the products that ‘kills’ them. My invention had never been financed. I was collecting every penny from my piano lessons to create this product. Therefore, only success of our students and teachers, who use it, is keeping my company going.
Word of mouth and Internet makes this invention live and our company stronger. So, I am very thankful for this community. Together we can do the best for our kids.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds