fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

We've just started.

More
08 Jan 2012 15:34 #975 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic We've just started.

Mrs.Post wrote: Hellene,

He would not cooperate with the signs. But I did get a video of him practicing Solfege with LR. I will keep trying with the hand signs.

Sonya

With my busy life I am not watching videos twice... But this one I am watching for the 3rd time. It is so cute and useful at the same time. Thank you, Sonya! Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 15:47 - 08 Jan 2012 15:48 #976 by hellene

NadiaD wrote:

Do you think, it would help to have larger images of notes in future for such kids?

EXCELLENT IDEA! You should definitely add a layer to Gentle piano and Guess The Key Game with large images.

Hellene, I think Larger images on Gentle Piano and Guess the Key Game will make it easier to use also for children under 2, I see that my 9 month old is very interested in what we are doing, but images on the screen are just to small for him to see...

I was thinking about this for many years already :( When I was training teachers in school for autistic kids I found it extremely important...

But since this invention never got any funding or support, some changes take too long to accomplish...

With all the support from parents like you and this forum FINALLY being platform for good news and positive changes, I will have better chance to upgrade many things in this program and to make all our wishes come true...

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 08 Jan 2012 15:48 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
08 Jan 2012 16:24 #977 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: Do you think, it would help to have larger images of notes in future for such kids?

I do think that larger notes will be helpful for younger kids and those who are developmentally delayed. What would really be great is to offer incremental sizes. For C. I want to introduce the program in a size that is large enough to get comfortable with the program. Then, as she progresses, I want her to work harder at focusing.

My 17 month old loves the keyboard and asks to hear "Do" at least 2x a day. He can now make all the signs to the music.
Wow! Is it possible to record that?

We are working on this. I just wrote a post on the Brillkids forum about sign language. He doesn't like to use it anymore, I think he thinks he's too big. If the other kids do it, he will. So, we'll try another video with them together. However, in a group, he usually won't behave.

I am considering making some worksheets using the SM solfege images so that the kids can count and circle the notes skipping one, then skipping two. They have these wonderful circle magnets that we can glue the images to and then they can recreate the pattern on the fridge by rearranging the magnets. It serves a several purposes: pattern recognition, skip counting, and fine motor skills.

Great idea! Feel free to contact me on that any time, if you would need any help or files

If you have suggestions on other things to do, I will take them. Since we are working with very young children and a DS child, we need lots and lots of reinforcement in different ways. Obviously, I will post the files here when I am done, and a how-to on the magnets. Sonya

I think, we’ll all have more suggestions, when we’ll see the work in progress.

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Jan 2012 17:39 - 08 Jan 2012 17:44 #979 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic We've just started.
:)
Last edit: 08 Jan 2012 17:44 by Mrs.Post.

More
08 Jan 2012 18:51 #982 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic We've just started.
Great video Sonya! So cute :)
I love watching the little ones interacting so beautifully with the images and music.

I think larger images would be good my my DD too even though she is a little older it might really help her focus and not get so overwhelmed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
08 Jan 2012 21:58 #995 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic We've just started.
Sonya,

The video of your son is very cute. I downloaded the musical instruments and the solffege to show it to my son. Thanks for creating this slide :P In my little reader, the sound Do did not come out on the first slide. Do you know what the issue is? But it is no big deal. I usually just sing to him.

Pei Lin

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds