fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

We've just started.

More
11 Jan 2012 17:59 #1069 by Bossa
Replied by Bossa on topic We've just started.
Thank you for such a good idea. I am going to use it with my five year old. She can even do it by herself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 20:10 #1076 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic We've just started.

Mrs.Post wrote: Videos of our 4 y/o using the worksheet we made for Skipping One Note. And the fridge magnets.

Sonya,
I think that you have real gift in teaching kids anything!
I LOVE the idea to show your son the sequence and let him to figure out how the skipping circle works – not just enforcing it at him as a ‘fact’. The magnets are also wonderful idea!
Multiple karma for you for that!

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Mar 2012 22:58 #2485 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic We've just started.
Hello Ladies,

Well, after a long absence....again.....I apologize.

This story starts 19 months ago - two weeks after my son was born he started screaming - nonstop for hours. He slept 4-6 hours a day...total. I was a mess. By 10 months we got it figured out, and I discovered Early Learning, and was doing daycare. The subtle pressure (or overt in my case) to do it "ALL" with all the guilt to boot (you know - for not starting early enough, for not teaching the periodic table before 12 months, the fact that he wasn't able to leap tall buildings at 14 months), kept me up at night researching all the best EL methods and therapy for our Little Miss C. I haven't had more than 6 hours sleep for a year and a half - most nights it's more like 4.

This last fall I started getting sick. Every illness the daycare kids brought in I caught and then some. But, I plugged along with my favorite friend caffeine. This last illness, which was croup for the kids and a nasty virus for me and nearly put my little one in the hospital, knocked me out. So, I have been recovering and detoxing from caffeine and sleeping. I am sad about the caffeine but we must part ways, as I think it is best. Our relationship can't go on like this....

I will be back with lots of catch-up to do. I think I need about 4 more days....I am starting to feel less zombiefied. The caffeine headache is finally gone.

I need no sympathy as I am sure that all of you, who are also EL maniacs have gone through or are doing the same thing. My tolerance happens to be very low - I actually need sleep...I'm 42 not 25. So thank you all for your graciousness and I hope to see more of you soon.

More
14 Mar 2012 03:46 #2490 by QueRiquita
Replied by QueRiquita on topic We've just started.
Big hugs to you!! You rock. I think it is a motherhood thing, but who knows. I can still say that I'm in my 20's (or can i??) and i KNOW that as i write this, i will definitely have a SLUGGISH and hellish day tomorrow *sigh* but yes, my el addiction ;) is getting the better of me, so here i am updating our piano prog diary. it is crazy that my updates have to be at the wee hours of psycho time, but my kids occupy all my time from the moment they wake me to the moment i more often than not zonk out with them, if i'm lucky. the alternative is that i don't zonk out with them, and then have to do the loving wife bit until my husband zonks :-/ c'est la vie. i can't wait til my kids start school. oh wait, i'm an el parent *sigh* at present, homeschool is my only option locally unless i want to have spent all this time filling them with knowledge to go out the window because they want to match their peers in class. ;)

anyway, thanks for the update.

and yes, i still blame you for passing the sick bug to our house! we had SEVERAL doc visits, including an er visit scheduled as a result. and no, i don't care that you're in another time zone ... i know it was your household that passed the germs to our household. don't think i'm not onto your germ-passing-via-phone device. i know your teenager's a guru ... and if it wasn't him, i know it was the little one! ;)

miss you and get well soon!

More
15 Mar 2012 08:42 #2530 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic We've just started.
I wish you all the best in finding your balance again. We understand. It's only good mums who get a little obsessive occasionally in trying to do the best by their children. It's the great mums that know when to pull back and just enjoy their children, and it's the experts who learn when to put themselves before their kids. Good luck.

More
07 May 2012 20:15 #3512 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic We've just started.
Hope you're doing better now :)
I noticed you said in one of your first posts "My 17 month old loves the keyboard and asks to hear "Do" ". Here's what: my almost 4 years old son says exactly the same when he wants to see the LR or PPT files you girls made :lol:

Love you, hope to hear good news from you soon. I had a break few months too, on the forum, so I'm sure we'll see you again ;)

Andrea

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds