fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Hannah 3.6 old (Romania)

More
07 Feb 2014 23:11 #13623 by adeline.hritcu
My very relaxed Hannah made me happy yesterday with a pleasant surprise. We played songs from the sight reading album since Hannah is not into memorizing songs. So we went through a lot of songs just practicing reading notes without insisting on one particular song. She does not show interest in memorizing one single song but rather is interested in playing around. It's probably just a phase...i thought.
But yesterday she asked me to make the letters show instead of the pictures(she does not know the alphabet) and then hide letters and pictures (=>P2) And to my surprise she did just about as well as she plays with images. She surprised me on how well she recognized the notes and even when she pressed the wrong one she knew how to look for the right one.
So I was pleased to see her do this.

What do you suggest next? Should we pick another album or just sight read and play introductory songs until she starts memorizig? How important is memorizing and how much effort should be spent on it?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2014 07:42 #13637 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hannah 3.6 old (Romania)

adeline.hritcu wrote: My very relaxed Hannah made me happy yesterday with a pleasant surprise. We played songs from the sight reading album since Hannah is not into memorizing songs. So we went through a lot of songs just practicing reading notes without insisting on one particular song. She does not show interest in memorizing one single song but rather is interested in playing around. It's probably just a phase...i thought.
But yesterday she asked me to make the letters show instead of the pictures(she does not know the alphabet) and then hide letters and pictures (=>P2) And to my surprise she did just about as well as she plays with images. She surprised me on how well she recognized the notes and even when she pressed the wrong one she knew how to look for the right one.
So I was pleased to see her do this.

Yes, this is a great step forward! Congratulations! Are you following our curriculum for this year or the cirriculum that had been included in your package? There are some mini-steps I developed lately for children to build strong sight-reading skills. It seems to me like Hannah are following them naturally. ;)

What do you suggest next? Should we pick another album or just sight read and play introductory songs until she starts memorizig? How important is memorizing and how much effort should be spent on it?

Thank you!

There are 2 parts of learning that we have to keep in mind:

1. Learning and mastering
2. Reading

For mastering we have to memorize piano pieces. Do you know, how to cut sections? You may cut 2 or 4 bars at a time and ask to play with Right hand and RH (Right hidden). The same with L and LH. After that P and PH. Then add more bars etc.
After Hannah will memorize the entire piece, you may ask her to practice with TEACHING VIDEOS softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.htmllike it is shown here:

Back to the Mozart

More
09 Feb 2014 07:43 #13638 by hellene
Please, let me know, if you need more help on this.

Back to the Mozart

More
09 Feb 2014 22:57 #13643 by adeline.hritcu
We are following the curriculum 2013-2014.
I do not know how to cut pieces. Can I cut parts of the song so that the song stops to where I selected it to stop?
I know only how to go back and fwd note by note. But the girls do not like it to stop in the middle of the song. It would be helpful to have the song stop by it self. Please tell me more info on how to do this.
Thx.

More
10 Feb 2014 02:38 - 10 Feb 2014 02:38 #13646 by hellene
Please, watch this video and let me know, if it would help you!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 02:38 by hellene.

More
10 Feb 2014 22:06 - 10 Feb 2014 22:07 #13657 by adeline.hritcu
I managed to cut sections. Very nice feature. Thank you Hellene!
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 22:07 by adeline.hritcu.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds